Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yesterday received renewed EAD Card. It was very fast, took only 4 weeks and they sent me a letter letting me know they were working on it, more or less 2 weeks after I applied for the renewal.

My case is still in "case is ready to be schedule for an interview" for a year and 5 months already. 

Next week I will do the USCIS Medical examination & Vaccination with an authorized Doctor. The cost is $450 only for the blood test/urine. if I need a shot the price will go up. This is 2021 NYC price.

Will mail my examinations and let you know if my case suffers any update/interview date/or greencard approval. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/2/2021 at 11:59 AM, JEREMA4eva said:

Interview still not scheduled, biometrics done Sept 2019! At least my EAD renewal came within a month of applying.

September 2019 biometrics here too. I think the Californians here have the longest waits.

Glad to know the EAD renewal came quickly though, I didn't send in the renewal as early as I could have so we were sweating it (needed to get the receipt in hand for the automatic 180-day extension and that took a few weeks). Hopefully a new combo card will arrive soon.

The waiting is definitely stressful!

Timeline
On 11/22/2020 at 11:42 AM, WaterLeaf said:

Can you point that out?

Also remember that if your EAD expires is automatically extended for 6 month, so you have time to do the renewal. And we as K1 have that option bcs our EAD falls in the C09 category. 

So you are good for 6months. I know this bcs I used the USCIS chat assistant to verify for a job opportunity. 

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

Timeline

Happy new year everyone!

I'm trying to update/organize my paperwork. I was hoping if anyone who already passed the interview could give me an example on how to organize the Affidavit of support and all paperwork. I will appreciate it 🙏 

If beneficiary has a job, has to add paysyubs/employer letter/bank check deposits,etc with husband's and sponsor's information inside the Affidavit of support  or should It be placed somewhere else?

I have 2 folders with all paperwork inside plastic sleeves, originals + a copy. What do you guys believe is best and easy to read for the interviewer? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Happy new year everyone!

I'm trying to update/organize my paperwork. I was hoping if anyone who already passed the interview could give me an example on how to organize the Affidavit of support and all paperwork. I will appreciate it 🙏 

If beneficiary has a job, has to add paysyubs/employer letter/bank check deposits,etc with husband's and sponsor's information inside the Affidavit of support  or should It be placed somewhere else?

I have 2 folders with all paperwork inside plastic sleeves, originals + a copy. What do you guys believe is best and easy to read for the interviewer? 

Hi Fer! I would personally avoid separating into plastic sleeves. Just use binder clips or regular clips. 
I would separate the affidavits of support also. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Hi Fer! I would personally avoid separating into plastic sleeves. Just use binder clips or regular clips. 
I would separate the affidavits of support also. 

Ok, binder clips for each section, proofs, Affidavit and so on, got it!. Did you bring copies of every document on the interview or just all the originals? 

Tanks for the advice! 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Ok, binder clips for each section, proofs, Affidavit and so on, got it!. Did you bring copies of every document on the interview or just all the originals? 

Tanks for the advice! 

For the affidavit just one copy. Only brought original such us MC, BC, IDS etc etc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well our case went from zero to sixty yesterday 21 January 2021.  Our case stayed Interview  Scheduled for 122 days after our interview and all inquires would only tell us that the Baltimore office has our case. Ended up renewing Combo card even through our Interviewer stated she would have her Green Card way before  December when the card expired 🙄 received new one 31 December 2020. What a roller coaster but now just waiting on her Green Card to show up in the mail and then a short break before ROC .

Baltimore Office
August 17, 2020 We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
September 21, 2020 Interview Baltimore Office 
January 21, 2021 We ordered your new card.
January 22, 2021 Case Was Approved (AOS I-485)

Edited by Adamsdaa

Timeline

Guys I can finally say that yesterday I received my Interview Notice. Fortunately my medical examination will be ready this week. ( payed $900 bcs I needed to take some vaccine shots).

I would love to hear any advice and recommendations for the interview based on your experience, such as how you organized the paperwork or How you guys prepared for the interview, the kind of questions asked or anything you feel it could help us out finishing this process with  GC in hand. ❤

I will totally appreciate the help, tips and take aways about your AOS interviews. 🙏

Will keep you posted in 3 weeks!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yesterday we had our interview. The Rep was very nice, asked us a variety of questions like how we met, where we live now and when I arrived, etc. All very simple questions. Then he said I was over prepared but they appreciated it a lot because I represented myself with no lawer who could have helped with all the paperwork. 

The rep was latino, so all the interview was in spanglish jumping to one language to the other. Before we realized he was asking all tha "no"  answer questions about terrorism. He said within 2 weeks the answer will arrive to our mail, but a couple of hours later my status case changed to "New card is being produced". 

Thanks so much to everyone who helped us on Visajourney to complete this process. 🙏

Special thanks to @Fe.Ta & @andreaam guys we helped eachother since k1 in Argentina 🇦🇷  you are amazing guys! Now celebrate before starting the removal of conitions, if there's a new group for that next step, please add me.

Can't explain how happy we are and the great feeling of completion. ❤❤🙏🍾🥂

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Yesterday we had our interview. The Rep was very nice, asked us a variety of questions like how we met, where we live now and when I arrived, etc. All very simple questions. Then he said I was over prepared but they appreciated it a lot because I represented myself with no lawer who could have helped with all the paperwork. 

The rep was latino, so all the interview was in spanglish jumping to one language to the other. Before we realized he was asking all tha "no"  answer questions about terrorism. He said within 2 weeks the answer will arrive to our mail, but a couple of hours later my status case changed to "New card is being produced". 

Thanks so much to everyone who helped us on Visajourney to complete this process. 🙏

Special thanks to @Fe.Ta & @andreaam guys we helped eachother since k1 in Argentina 🇦🇷  you are amazing guys! Now celebrate before starting the removal of conitions, if there's a new group for that next step, please add me.

Congratulations!! Finally ♥️♥️♥️ Now is time to enjoy and celebrate!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
On 2/12/2021 at 6:55 AM, Fer Schvarztman said:

Congratulations~! 🥳

I'll be having mine coming up on Tuesday and was wondering what paperwork you brought to the interview? I received a list with my interview notice but I'm still organizing it and thought I'd ask around how others did it. I'd appreciate any input!

Timeline
On 2/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Nyalimera said:

Congratulations~! 🥳

I'll be having mine coming up on Tuesday and was wondering what paperwork you brought to the interview? I received a list with my interview notice but I'm still organizing it and thought I'd ask around how others did it. I'd appreciate any input!

I asked the same question to check if my paperwork was complete, and got a couple of answers. 

I prepared everything with binder & paper clips. Original + copies. And organized it in the following groups

A. Beneficiary Docs. 

Passport, acta de nacimiento, USCIS notices, marriage certificate, etc.

B. Petitioner Docs

Birth Certificate, id,passport,I'd,etc.

C. Affidavit of support

Sponsor, joint sponsor & beneficiary employment docs. 

(Didn't ask me for these papers, only Petitioner &  asked me about my employer)

D. Bank joint Account

Didn't want these proof either.

E. Proof of Marriage 1 and 2. 

Pictures, rent lease,proof of adress,health inssurance,etc.

Only took the pictures.

Good luck! You will do good and keep us posted!

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.