Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC

1,256 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

We had a civil ceremony at the county clerk's office (that's who does civil weddings in California) a few days after POE with my parents as witnesses (we wanted to get married quickly so she could get on my health insurance and we could start AOS), and then a few months later had a ceremony in Florida with my family.

Was she asked where & when you guys will get married? If yes, did she say that it will be at the County clerk's office at first?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, AG2099 said:

Was she asked where & when you guys will get married? If yes, did she say that it will be at the County clerk's office at first?

They don’t care where you get married, as long as it’s in USA and legal and before 90 days 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

1 more week until Oct 15 and the next batch Gets shipped to the NVC.

I may be the last but as long as it finally gets there.

6 hours ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

1 more week until Oct 15 and the next batch Gets shipped to the NVC.

I may be the last but as long as it finally gets there.

Good luck! Our case still isnt at the NVC, called them 20 days after NOA2 and was told to wait up to 6 weeks. Hopefully it gets there this week and would be cool to have it go to the Embassy on the 15th...or at least on the 29...So tired of waiting I hate it..

Edited by AG2099

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

just an update in case anyone is in the same stage:

Our case, according to the nvc case tracker, is still in transit to the embassy here in Hong Kong.

I've filled up my DS-160 online and submitted it and got a prompt that at this point that I (K-1 Fiance(e)) don't need to make an appointment for the interview at the embassy, the NVC and the embassy will coordinate that and they'll just let me know when and what to bring, etc.

it seems that the process for the medical and acquiring of civil documents is different with every nationality and from which country they are applying from so here's mine:

• Medical exam - I called and they said I need an interview date before I can book an appointment and it takes 2-3 visits to complete the whole exam including the vaccines
  • Civil documents require - I'm Filipino, processing from Hong Kong. Embassy requires the civil documents to be shipped directly to the embassy by the NSO/PSA, sealed. there's a bit of time sensitivity but from what I understand it would be better to wait for further instructions from the NVC before i request the documents.
  • Visa Fee - I still don't know when I'm going to pay this. Since I have to wait for the interview date to be provided, I'm guessing I'll have to pay on the day of.

I also emailed the customer service at the embassy and got this response:

As of today, we have not yet received your file from the National Visa Center (NVC).  The records show that your file is being forwarded to us from the NVC Please be advised that upon receipt of your file, we will send an instruction packet to your mailing address.  Please follow the instruciton in the instruction packet to pursue your fiancee visa application in Hong Kong.

so, looks like it's all a waiting game now.

good luck to everyone and congrats again to everyone that's finished 😁

Timeline

We received our NOA2 in mid-July 2019 and are still waiting for our NVC number.  I have contacted the USCIS a couple of times regarding the status...  They are telling me it can take up to 90 days for our paperwork to move to the NVC.  Are other being told this?  Are others still waiting?

Edited by tokyo2002
add detail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline
8 hours ago, tokyo2002 said:

We received our NOA2 in mid-July 2019 and are still waiting for our NVC number.  I have contacted the USCIS a couple of times regarding the status...  They are telling me it can take up to 90 days for our paperwork to move to the NVC.  Are other being told this?  Are others still waiting?

this is odd... you shouldn't be calling USCIS, you should be calling the NVC, there are many of us inlcluding myself that received the NOA2 in August and already have medial and interviews scheduled... call the nvc and get your case # and check your status online.... 

Waiting On My Love... 

Noa1 06/04/19

Noa 2 08/24/19 

NVC Received: On my Bday 09/20 

Sent to Embassy: Oct 1st 

Embassy Received: Oct 8th 

Interview Scheduled: Nov 13th!!!!!!!!

Interview Re-scheduled: Nov 15th 

CEAC Shows Issued: Nov 19th 

8 hours ago, tokyo2002 said:

For some it moves faster than for others...Why? Nobody knows. Our case was approved on September 10. Nvc still doesn't have our case 😫

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
5 hours ago, Z616 said:

Our NOA2 date is 8/27 but I still have not received anything. I emailed NVC yesterday and today, and I plan to call them tomorrow. Fingers crossed guys!

My NOA2 is on 8/27 and I expect my shipment to leave the NVC on Oct 15th...   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Firstly, apologies if this query is now in the wrong thread, maybe there is an embassy stage thread this would be better posted in?

My query is: My case was received by the NVC Aug 6th and transferred to the London Embassy. I was away in the US at the time returning on 25th Sept. I was expecting to have a letter by mail, waiting for me with instructions on next steps and instructing me to now book my interview appointment. However, I did not receive such a letter or even an email. 

Instead I checked my Visa Case Status on the Case Status website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
Which tells me my case is with the embassy ready for interview. I was then able to complete the DS160, make payment and book my interview for Oct 30.

My query and concern is on my interview confirmation email it says I must bring "the letter or email you received from the Consular Section" - I have not received anything like this. Nothing in the post or by email. I am worried about turning up for the interview without this and being denied. I tried calling the embassy and each time they tell me to email this query. It's been over a week now and the email replies I get from them do not answer this question. 

Can anyone please help with this? Has anyone had similar experience?? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 10/5/2019 at 10:41 AM, AG2099 said:

Question for you. Did you guys have an actual wedding or did you go through the Town Hall? My fiancee is paranoid telling the officer at the interview about getting married at the Town hall due to time & money.

same here, and i even told the interviewer , way too honestly, that the wedding fund my parents prepare would go into my bank account 

tbh i had the same concern after i said that, and couldnt sleep for 2 nights for that. but hey~ i got mine approved.

i think the key is to be honest and do not try to hide anything from them. 

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, GRASGM said:

Hello everyone, 

Firstly, apologies if this query is now in the wrong thread, maybe there is an embassy stage thread this would be better posted in?

My query is: My case was received by the NVC Aug 6th and transferred to the London Embassy. I was away in the US at the time returning on 25th Sept. I was expecting to have a letter by mail, waiting for me with instructions on next steps and instructing me to now book my interview appointment. However, I did not receive such a letter or even an email. 

Instead I checked my Visa Case Status on the Case Status website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
Which tells me my case is with the embassy ready for interview. I was then able to complete the DS160, make payment and book my interview for Oct 30.

My query and concern is on my interview confirmation email it says I must bring "the letter or email you received from the Consular Section" - I have not received anything like this. Nothing in the post or by email. I am worried about turning up for the interview without this and being denied. I tried calling the embassy and each time they tell me to email this query. It's been over a week now and the email replies I get from them do not answer this question. 

Can anyone please help with this? Has anyone had similar experience?? 

you might need to find someone from UK to give you a confirm answer.

in my case , in Taiwan, after you book the interview, they would email you a confirmation with barcode. and in AIT when register for interview, they would scan the barcode and print out a sticker to put on the back of my passport.

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Timeline
10 hours ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

My NOA2 is on 8/27 and I expect my shipment to leave the NVC on Oct 15th...   

Did you receive any communications from NVC though telling you they received your case? I called NVC earlier and was able to get my case number. The lady I spoke with said it was received on 9/25. It took almost a month to get from California Service Center to NVC. geez. I checked on ceac.state.gov and it's still at NVC at this time. I'm really hoping mine gets shipped on the 15th as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.