Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC

1,256 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

I was wondering the same thing!!! I tried to PM him but he is not receiving  messages at this time.  I hope all is well too.

I have also been thinking the same, hope everything is fine at his end

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, vdsanctis said:

Hi guys, quick question. The ceac website says my case is “ready” but I still haven’t received anything from the embassy.

Do I need to do something else at this point before the embassy contacts me or do I just wait? 

Thank you!

Hello, same here. The embassy received our case 9/5 but haven't received anything from them too. Waiting~~~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I was wondering the same thing!!! I tried to PM him but he is not receiving  messages at this time.  I hope all is well too.

4 hours ago, nosleep said:

I realize this is off topic, but has anyone heard from @Greenbaum lately?  He made a comment about a doctor visit recently and haven't seen him around much lately. 

Hope all is well.

I thought I seen him in one of the forums earlier this week. I do hope all is well with him. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, 13alwilson said:

Anybody else running into the issue that the embassy is like a 2 day drive away and now finding out the only approved drs are that far away as well?

I've noticed others have scheduled their medical in Montreal before their interview!

Timeline
1 hour ago, sakurablossoms said:

Hello, same here. The embassy received our case 9/5 but haven't received anything from them too. Waiting~~~

I recommend calling them. Don’t wait to hear from them. Or go there, if possible. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Does anyone have any idea what case processing means ? I called the nvc n got a case # n invoice number and when I ask what’s the status of my case they said it’s under administrative processing then I ask what dates do they ship out with dhl n the agent stated that k1 visa are not shipped they are uploaded threw their system and then then the consulate review our case 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If you receive the case number from n nvc and the invoice number but no letter yet what do you all recommend I already filled my DS160 

1 hour ago, carolina0815 said:

If you receive the case number from n nvc and the invoice number but no letter yet what do you all recommend I already filled my DS160 

You may or may not receive anything further from NVC after your case number. Continue on with your plans. I can't  speak to your country try the country specific forum. They can tell you what's next.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

its already passed a month since I got my case number, I haven’t gotten my P3 letter from the embassy yet. What’s going on, have my case been forgotten at the embassy or what? Any help? 😞

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nick&Fatie said:

Hello everyone, 

its already passed a month since I got my case number, I haven’t gotten my P3 letter from the embassy yet. What’s going on, have my case been forgotten at the embassy or what? Any help? 😞

I can't speak for Ghana but Nigeria just sent ours and I requested it in August through email. My suggestion is to find someone who just completed process or is close to completion and see if they have it or will share. You can also see if @Greenbaum might have it. He had mines and I'm very thankful he shared.

Timeline
1 minute ago, TennilleO said:

I can't speak for Ghana but Nigeria just sent ours and I requested it in August through email. My suggestion is to find someone who just completed process or is close to completion and see if they have it or will share. You can also see if @Greenbaum might have it. He had mines and I'm very thankful he shared.

Thank you but please how did you request it through email in your country? Did you write to the embassy that you want your P3? And also where you able to schedule your appointment before your received it? So sorry for all this questions.  

Timeline
Just now, Nick&Fatie said:

Thank you but please how did you request it through email in your country? Did you write to the embassy that you want your P3? And also where you able to schedule your appointment before your received it? So sorry for all this questions.  

I located the email and sent a message requesting the P3. I provide my fiance and  I name and date of birth along with our case number.

Yes I schedules before. Once I had a case number I completed the DS160 , paid the fee at the required bank and then scheduled a appointment. I just got my p3 last week and my interview is in about two weeks. 

Hope it helps

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TennilleO said:

I located the email and sent a message requesting the P3. I provide my fiance and  I name and date of birth along with our case number.

Yes I schedules before. Once I had a case number I completed the DS160 , paid the fee at the required bank and then scheduled a appointment. I just got my p3 last week and my interview is in about two weeks. 

Hope it helps

Yes, it helps a lot . Good luck with your interview. When I got my case number and paid my DS-160 and created the profile online, I tried booking but it kept saying no interview dates available. Anyways, just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I get my P3 before this month ends. Thank you.  

P.S might also try sending them an email.  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nick&Fatie said:

Yes, it helps a lot . Good luck with your interview. When I got my case number and paid my DS-160 and created the profile online, I tried booking but it kept saying no interview dates available. Anyways, just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I get my P3 before this month ends. Thank you.  

P.S might also try sending them an email.  

I personally know it took some people from Nigeria a while to get an appointment. While you are checking make sure its not to frequent or you could get your account frozen for a little while.

I know you will need to get a police report and medical done. You would want to get the medical closer to when you get a interview date.  Please check your expiration date on the NOA2 so you know how much time you have to schedule a interview so if you will need to request a extension you can 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TennilleO said:

I personally know it took some people from Nigeria a while to get an appointment. While you are checking make sure its not to frequent or you could get your account frozen for a little while.

I know you will need to get a police report and medical done. You would want to get the medical closer to when you get a interview date.  Please check your expiration date on the NOA2 so you know how much time you have to schedule a interview so if you will need to request a extension you can 

Okay...I just checked my expiration date, it says Valid till November 7th. Well, the NVC letter said it takes several weeks for the consulate to start final process and I also called the embassy help center and they assured me I will hear from the embassy soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.