13 posts in this topic

Hello! I hope someone can help me because I don’t really find informations about it... we submitted our AOS in March 29, we received an RFE about my birth certificate, I’m 100% sure that I submitted my birth certificate with a complete translation, but they ask me to send my birth certificate with a translation again. My parents got me a new Birth certificate from France and I did again the translation, is that enough ? Or should I had something else? I’m confused about this, did someone already had this problem ? 

I attached the letter that we received below  

Thank you very much for your time 

712C1BB2-8E7E-452A-A876-F2117935EB8F.jpeg

E292C63C-49B6-430C-8CC3-78E46CAE7FEB.jpeg

I can't help with the specific documents, but I can point you at the official list of what they are looking for:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/France.html

Birth Certificates

Available

Fees:   There are no fees

Document Name: Copie Integrale de l’Acte de Naissance 

Issuing Authority:

• For persons born in France: “Copie Integrale de l’Acte de Naissance” are obtainable from la Mairie (Office of the Mayor) at the place of birth.
  • For French nationals born in a foreign country: they are available from the Ministere des Affaires Etrangeres, Service de l'Etat Civil, 20 Allee Brancas, 44 - Nantes.
  • For French nationals born in a French colony: they may be obtained from the Direction des Archives de France, Section Outre-Mer, 5 Bd. Barthou, BP 1056, 44035 Cedex Nantes

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:  round black/blue/red inked stamp seal and/or dry seal

Issuing Authority Personnel Title:   Mairie or Ministere des Affaires Etrangeres

Registration Criteria:  online at https://www.service-public.fr/

Procedure for Obtaining: applicants must follow the online instructions

Certified Copies Available: No,  a French birth certificate is either a copy from the civil register  Or a computerized document but always with a dry and/or ink seal and signature

Alternate Documents:   Original birth certificates from O.F. P.R. A. for refugees in France

Is that exactly what you sent? if so, they likely lost/misplaced it. If not, be sure you send them the document described above.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, NayRey said:

My parents got me a new Birth certificate from France and I did again the translation, is that enough ?

Why did your parents had to get you new Birthday certificate? You didn't send an original to USCIS, did you? Also, translation have to be certified. We did self certified transaltion and it was good enough, but it should have some sort of certification statement on it. 

Edited by Shiran

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Why did your parents had to get you new Birthday certificate? You didn't send an original to USCIS, did you? Also, translation have to be certified. We did self certified transaltion and it was good enough, but it should have some sort of certification statement on it. 

Same thing happened to some other March filers 

11 hours ago, NayRey said:

Hello! I hope someone can help me because I don’t really find informations about it... we submitted our AOS in March 29, we received an RFE about my birth certificate, I’m 100% sure that I submitted my birth certificate with a complete translation, but they ask me to send my birth certificate with a translation again. My parents got me a new Birth certificate from France and I did again the translation, is that enough ? Or should I had something else? I’m confused about this, did someone already had this problem ? 

I attached the letter that we received below  

Thank you very much for your time 

712C1BB2-8E7E-452A-A876-F2117935EB8F.jpeg

E292C63C-49B6-430C-8CC3-78E46CAE7FEB.jpeg

I received this exact letter too send in my birth certificate again, I didn’t have to translate as in from the UK. I just sent them back two copies of my BC, which I copied at a Fedex print store this time. I also wrote a nice letter stating this is a certified copy of my original BC etc.

At first i thought they just lost mine but now I’m seeing at least 4/5 people have had the same letter from April filers all around the same time. I’m thinking it’s a slight way to delay on uscis end.

Anyway just resend  your original copy and your translation copy, make sure you meet their requirements and I’m sure you will be fine.

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

16 hours ago, Shiran said:

16 hours ago, Shiran said:

Hi! Because I wanted to refresh my BC with a updated date, I had a certified translation too from the site REV that I used for the K1 too, I send it the way they wanted, I don’t know why they send me this letter. I sent this afternoon my birthday certificate and translation with updated date, and a cover letter, let’s see  !

17 hours ago, geowrian said:

I can't help with the specific documents, but I can point you at the official list of what they are looking for:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/France.html

Is that exactly what you sent? if so, they likely lost/misplaced it. If not, be sure you send them the document described above.

Thank you very much for your help! The site help me! Yes i send everything like they asked, and I still received this letter so I send it back the way they wanted

6 hours ago, KJvisa said:

I received this exact letter too send in my birth certificate again, I didn’t have to translate as in from the UK. I just sent them back two copies of my BC, which I copied at a Fedex print store this time. I also wrote a nice letter stating this is a certified copy of my original BC etc.

At first i thought they just lost mine but now I’m seeing at least 4/5 people have had the same letter from April filers all around the same time. I’m thinking it’s a slight way to delay on uscis end.

Anyway just resend  your original copy and your translation copy, make sure you meet their requirements and I’m sure you will be fine.

Yes that’s what I‘m thinking too! Thank you for your message! Everything will be fine, courage🙏🏼

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

@NayRey Hi, did you receive any updates after you submitted the evidence?

I got my RIEF yesterday, haven't seen the hard copy yet but I'm pretty sure it's about birth certificate as well. So I'm curious about what happens after you give them what they asked.

Hope you already got your interview date schedules and thank you for any inputs. 

6 hours ago, Violax said:

@NayRey Hi, did you receive any updates after you submitted the evidence?

I got my RIEF yesterday, haven't seen the hard copy yet but I'm pretty sure it's about birth certificate as well. So I'm curious about what happens after you give them what they asked.

Hope you already got your interview date schedules and thank you for any inputs. 

Hello! No any updates yet.. today it’s been 1 month since I submitted it, I don’t really know how long time it takes, I’ve seen 90 days, 60 days, some people in 3 weeks, It’s really depends,  I've seen a lot of people getting the birth certificate RFE, everything will be fine, patience and hope, I will give any update ! 

Hi,

For the birth certificate, for the K1 visa process, i had the original one and a certified English copy made by an authorized translator ( with stamp ).

For AOS what should i send ? I was thinking to send a normal xerox copy of my original birth certificate and again a certified English copy made by an authorized translator ( with stamp ).

Thx.

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 6/30/2019 at 12:38 PM, NayRey said:

Hi! Because I wanted to refresh my BC with a updated date, I had a certified translation too from the site REV that I used for the K1 too, I send it the way they wanted, I don’t know why they send me this letter. I sent this afternoon my birthday certificate and translation with updated date, and a cover letter, let’s see  !

And what happened at the last? Did they accept it ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post removed.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.