2,900 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Most folks wait for 8\9 months..others longer..others shorter! I've seen someone here get interview scheduled in 4/5months..again it depends on your state! So brace yourself..you never know...

fasten your seat belts LOL

4 hours ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

i dont have a divorce attorney i cant afford one..am even putting money to pay my immigration attorney. I thought if i sign this paper and that will be all. All this is too much and making my head hurt.

Dear, do you have free legal assistance in your area? They have free lawyers who can help you with divorce. I am just not sure if everyone is qualified for that though.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, 西苑二楼 said:

Dear, do you have free legal assistance in your area? They have free lawyers who can help you with divorce. I am just not sure if everyone is qualified for that though.

I’ll look around

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My situation is very tricky, my husband filed for my daughter ad i in 2016, my daughter got her 2 yrs but mine was denied due to a RFE I didn’t respond to, i appealed and my case was reopened, 2 weeks to my interview date my husband ad I separated due to domestic violence.( story for another day) I have since filed for VAWA in July 2018 and gotten my prima faca. I have been hesitant to file for divorce cuz he has been threatening to get me deported, In fact I am in hiding with my kid.This is my problem , I am told in order for my daughter to apply for her 10yrs I have to divorce my husband ad go to court,I am really scare of doing that. What oda options do I have.

2 hours ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

I’ll look around

Go to a shelter and ask for legal aid specializing in divorce . Please don’t try to do it yourself . Divorce is very messy and you don’t know  how it can screw things around for you for later part , especially finances and liabilities . Please get a legal aid , pro bono lawyers etc . Go to immigration CRC .., every state has it ... there is department for immigration refugee relief ... they will have divorce lawyers too . Your state will have pro bono immigration lawyers who help in divorce cases . Do not try to do it alone ...

6 hours ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

i dont have a divorce attorney i cant afford one..am even putting money to pay my immigration attorney. I thought if i sign this paper and that will be all. All this is too much and making my head hurt.

Contact these people - ask them for further contacts of pro bono divorce lawyers 

https://www.raicestexas.org/services/

https://www.rstx.org/

google legal aid in your area 

1 hour ago, Chilly26 said:

My situation is very tricky, my husband filed for my daughter ad i in 2016, my daughter got her 2 yrs but mine was denied due to a RFE I didn’t respond to, i appealed and my case was reopened, 2 weeks to my interview date my husband ad I separated due to domestic violence.( story for another day) I have since filed for VAWA in July 2018 and gotten my prima faca. I have been hesitant to file for divorce cuz he has been threatening to get me deported, In fact I am in hiding with my kid.This is my problem , I am told in order for my daughter to apply for her 10yrs I have to divorce my husband ad go to court,I am really scare of doing that. What oda options do I have.

you should file a police complaint and go to the shelter. we usually neglect these things when we are a victim of domestic abuse. you should do it too 

7 hours ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

I always advice people to take it easy on themselves..you are all you got, PRESERVE yourself! Do not overwhelm yourself..yes situations beyond our control arises sometimes but we need to learn to shield ourselves by not letting it get to us! After all said and done..it may be that yout spouse just wants to severe the union and move on..but to be on the safe side..do as you've been adviced by folks here..it doesn't hurt to show the document to an attorney so they can determine the legal implication before signing...really sorry you have to go through all of this..life can get tough at times but be strong..hold on..nothing lasts forever!

7 minutes ago, SssMay said:

Hello folks, I received the message that my renewal of i765 has approved today. I filed on Feb. 2nd. So if you applied on this February, you will get your EAD card soon.

i applied on December and still didnt receive my renewal. i am working on extension and also i got an RFE this week after 18 months so probably i will get it once i will submit my RFE response 😞 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.