2,900 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 minutes ago, folate said:

Hi everyone !
i see a lot of you got RFEs for police clearance from home country 
how to obtain this without having to visit one's home country.

also what is FBI clearance and how to obtain that ?
i remember submitting Good Conduct certificate but have no clue about home police clearance/FBI clearance .

You only need home country clearance if u have lived in the US less than 3 years. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

51 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

This is the continuation thread for VAWA, Part 13

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/701616-vawa-part-13/

which has been closed because of its large size.

The previous thread was indeed "lucky 13" for a great many participants.  May Part 14 see even more positive proceedings and approvals.

AMEN!🙏 lucky 13 extension! 

2 minutes ago, Pinkslays said:

I am so nervous to hear this - 3 years and 9 months and apparently still waiting ! 

Thats really really long - I am now more disheartened 

Nah...😊 you shouldn't be! This obviously is a rare case and doesn't apply to all! Relax..for your own good. Read previous threads it helps..I have read almost all the previous threads and still do..I gain knowledge more by reading through them!

10 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Nah...😊 you shouldn't be! This obviously is a rare case and doesn't apply to all! Relax..for your own good. Read previous threads it helps..I have read almost all the previous threads and still do..I gain knowledge more by reading through them!

But you also wrote that it may take 36 months as well ... 

i thought it’s usually 16 months for the approval ... 

cant pray enough 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just seen the divorce papers my wife filed with the court. The reason for divorce on the paper was She asked the court to grant a divorce because our marriage has become insupportable due to discord or conflict of personalities that destroys the legitimate ends of the marital relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.

am in Texas by the way. I hope once again that she filing a divorce before i did does not affect my filed vaw..i plan on filing vawa in a montgh time anyway.

Am going to sign it and send it to her. I do not wish to meet her i  court. I want this to be done so i can move on with my life.

Edited by sparrowxxx419
notify me of replies

3 minutes ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

Just seen the divorce papers my wife filed with the court. The reason for divorce on the paper was She asked the court to grant a divorce because our marriage has become insupportable due to discord or conflict of personalities that destroys the legitimate ends of the marital relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.

am in Texas by the way. I hope once again that she filing a divorce before i did does not affect my filed vaw..i plan on filing vawa in a montgh time anyway.

Am going to sign it and send it to her. I do not wish to meet her i  court. I want this to be done so i can move on with my life.

By all means get done ✔ with it and move on! It doesn't affect you..if you already have all the requirements please go ahead and file!

6 minutes ago, Pinkslays said:

But you also wrote that it may take 36 months as well ... 

i thought it’s usually 16 months for the approval ... 

cant pray enough 

Yeah I gave the minimum, average and max..for the extreme cases! Look on the positive side..the mind is powerful! Will only positive things your way! Pray!

21 minutes ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

you DO need court trials and dates. Dont sign it if it is a waiver. she will finalize it without you and can say anything about you which might affect your case. I am in a similar situation my spouse sent me a waiver with very simple divorce paper like yours but i did not sign it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Shroy123 said:

you DO need court trials and dates. Dont sign it if it is a waiver. she will finalize it without you and can say anything about you which might affect your case. I am in a similar situation my spouse sent me a waiver with very simple divorce paper like yours but i did not sign it. 

how do i know what a waiver looks like or talks about ? The document she sent me says ORIGINAL PETITION FOR DIVORCE showing her name,last 3 numbers of her DL and DL 

Then there is a three page i have to fill out and sign sending it to court. Am going to send the forms to her to submit to court.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.