2,900 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, 西苑二楼 said:

Thank you for telling us that. You have always been positive and helpful.

I think it'd be a good idea if we could put all the RFEs that we have seen so far together on a checklist. That way, folks who are still waiting can have a better heads-up. 

That’s a brilliant idea 

22 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Did you contact the Congress Office? It is way too long by now. Did you get Vawa approved already?

Yes and tnx to him my case actually started movies forward i think, i will contact him again in a few days, hopefully there will be a positive outcome? 

22 hours ago, sandranj said:

Hi folks, today I sent text messages to everyone who will attend the picnic in Central Park, next Saturday at 1 pm, if I forgot to send a message to someone please forgive me but here is the place where I will meet everyone at 1 pm. After 1.10 pm I will not check my cell phone anymore, and it will be impossible for you to know where will be. 

I will be on the terrace(Bethesda) overlooking the fountainI believe everyone knows where is locatedThe subways C and B go to the 72nd street and, the entrance to go to the fountain is located there. If you get any other subway going to the 72 street (1,2,3) the subway will not stop in front of the 72nd Street entrance, then if you don't want to walk just get the C or B. You can bring friends and children, and something to eat (to share), and a picnic blanket/towel to seat.

fountain.png

terrace.jpg

That will be one awesome gathering hope everyone will have a great time. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, Jenny1 said:

Filed for  EAD Combo card CO9 renewal on the 20th of March since my EAD was going to expire on the 29th of May.   New EAD combo card was in my mail box on the 4th of June.  I wasn't even expecting it.

Hmmmm.. so you got ur renewal combo card under 9days? Your dates are not correct, no year ? Pls write the year alongside so people get a clearer understanding.....

Edited by Modu

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, BestChampion said:

Hello , my status changed 3 days ago the EAD card is being produced 😊

I765 receipt date 12/04/18

Congratulations! 🇺🇸💫

Hi everyone, My case manager helped me with my work permit renewal application. She tasked herself to mail it off to immigration. The thing is she mailed it without a trackin number. She dropped it in a USPS post thats is on the sidewalk.  Now im freaking out that i wont know what will happen to my application. What should i do? Advice needed😬

6 minutes ago, Screecher said:

Can someone please describe to me what is a prima facie and why does some get it and then why do some have to keep getting it renewed and or does it get renewed on your own . I am not able to understand much of it 

thanks in advance for all the answers ... you guys are the best 

A Prima Facie determination of eligibility for VAWA means your application, as filed, has passed the "first test of fire", so to speak.. in that USCIS, upon checking your application has found it "Approvable As Filed", that is it can be approved if all you submitted upon investigation is credible..based on the documentary proof that accompanied the I-360. That's a good thing. But it is by no means a guarantee that your VAWA will ultimately be approved. Once your application is assigned to an adjudicating officer, he/she might decide to request more information or clarification from you and thus issue an RFE. Hopefully you got a good lawyer who prepared and filed the VAWA on your behalf. 

prima facie is not infinite, hence the requirement for renewal! We are not sure why some folks get it and others don't! But in all it's not a guarantee for approval fear not!😊

27 minutes ago, Simplegirl1984 said:

Hi everyone, My case manager helped me with my work permit renewal application. She tasked herself to mail it off to immigration. The thing is she mailed it without a trackin number. She dropped it in a USPS post thats is on the sidewalk.  Now im freaking out that i wont know what will happen to my application. What should i do? Advice needed😬

It would have been nice to have a tracking number! I always make certain of that! But hey the did has been done ✔ let's hope and pray all goes well..you should get online updates on USCIS site to let you know the next steps or status of the application so that should help..going foward ensure to not repeat the same oversight!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.