2,900 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Your lawyer may sent a letter to Florida local office to request interview to be change to CA or to request to hold I-485 until I-360 is adjudicated or My advise is to get your interview notice receipt so you know date and time of your interview, and attended to your interview in Florida if is necessary, if the officer agrees to hold, your I-485 will be sent to Vermont. Don't risk your status sometimes Vermont don't update things quickly enough,  and everything moves internally.

Thank you.
My lawyer says me that I am not attorney of record on your I485, so deal with it on your own or pay me more. I said I will do it by myself...I do not like her at all.
So, can I send a letter to Tampa Field Office requesting to schedule my interview in California? Should I do it now or when it is scheduled?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Can affidavits from my mom and sibling supporting a marriage work in a vawa  application ? 

NOTE my mother and sibling are not in the states . They reside in my home country 

6 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Thank you.
My lawyer says me that I am not attorney of record on your I485, so deal with it on your own or pay me more. I said I will do it by myself...I do not like her at all.
So, can I send a letter to Tampa Field Office requesting to schedule my interview in California? Should I do it now or when it is scheduled?

I used to say my attorney was terrible but yours sounds like a terrorist of Isis group level! Wow! Extortion in the highest order! Even mine didn't charge me extra for handling my i485 that was initially filed by my husband's attorney!!! These attorneys have become really desperate commandos! Very brutal!!! 👎 sure do please handle it on your own..sandra here can guide you..

4 minutes ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

Can affidavits from my mom and sibling supporting a marriage work in a vawa  application ? 

NOTE my mother and sibling are not in the states . They reside in my home country 

My parents and sibblings also live abroad but wrote me affidavits which sufficed nicely! By all means let them! 👍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
5 hours ago, sandranj said:

I saw cases VSC took 2 months to send the receipt then don't worry about it.

so does that mean it's not getting returned? I assume if they were going to return it for some reason, they would have right?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

My parents and sibblings also live abroad but wrote me affidavits which sufficed nicely! By all means let them! 👍

Thank you for always replying to my messages on here but online and offline God bless you . 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, DmytriiD said:

Hi all,

I have a quick question. I have currently pending I-485, I-360.
Just applied for EAD+AP extension as you suggested to Vermont Office and got receipts that they accepted it and processing now.

I also got an update for I-485 recently, now the status is: You case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
The question is the following: I recently moved from FL to CA, I updated my address with USCIS but never got any confirmation from them about it. I also sent a letter to Vermont SC requesting to schedule my interview in CA, not FL (attached proof of address, etc). So, I still don't know where they will schedule my interview. How can I check it and how to make sure it is going to be scheduled here in CA !? Thank you.

I suggest you go to infopass to confirm if they changed your address and ask them to send the notice to your State. They will not talk to you over the phone.

Timeline
5 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

Hello @sandranj

My family and friends had given me the affidavits stating the marriage and abuse previously. 

Now, My family and friends are writing the affidavits for the bonafide marriage with details of the relationship and marriage. Do they need to go into the abuse in detail since they have already done that and the RFE is only for good faith marriage. 

For example, My parents wrote in much detail about the relationship through the years, they mentioned in the end how the abuse lead to this and how they are worried about me. 

Please advise. 

If the RFE is just about good faith then they don't have to mention about the abuse.

5 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi family!😊 just wanted to update y'all that I just received my courtesy letter..WOW! I wasn't even expecting it at this time following everyone else's timeline! It came pretty fast! Anyway thank GOD for that! I pray my interview letter comes through that quick! Doing my happy dance right now...#mood 4eva 💃😂😂

Congratulations. Praise the Lord.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
5 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi family!😊 just wanted to update y'all that I just received my courtesy letter..WOW! I wasn't even expecting it at this time following everyone else's timeline! It came pretty fast! Anyway thank GOD for that! I pray my interview letter comes through that quick! Doing my happy dance right now...#mood 4eva 💃😂😂

Congratulations sista! I told you that it’s coming, and sooner than expected 🤗

Much love to you! Hoping the rest of is here get to hear the good news on our cases soon enough as well 😃

2 minutes ago, Strife said:

Congratulations sista! I told you that it’s coming, and sooner than expected 🤗

Much love to you! Hoping the rest of is here get to hear the good news on our cases soon enough as well 😃

WOW! I remember..you're such a prophet!😳  thank GOD for his mercies and grace that has taken me this far! By that same grace, everyone here including you of course will testify of his love!🙏 AMEN!!!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yes they can but they have to get it notarized and also send a copy of their ID which should be notarized as well. 👍👍👍👍

Timeline
58 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Thank you.

Submit a copy showing you changed your address and you can ask them to schedule the interview  in CA,  but keep in mind USCIS IS MESSY and they probably will schedule the interview in Tampa .I suggest you go to infopass as well .

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, flyup123 said:

Here is where i get confused. Anybody knows- can you file I-360 & I-485 together, cause i don't know why my attorney didn't. I am also an April, 2017 filler and got Notice of I-360 approval on January 7, 2019, but it seems like the decision was taken on December 7, 2018, cause that's when the EAD is valid from.  And on February 1, 2019 i sent the I-485 form and included the medical exam along with it. So now i don't know, will they be sending CL or that's not necessary because the medicals are less than 1 year old? 

I know...patience... :)

As long as your spouse is United States Citizen you could have file I-360, I-485 and I-765. If your medical is expired by time you should get an interview Notice, they will send you a courtesy letter. If it’s still valid they will not send any courtesy letter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.