sharon1611

Can you request transfer of case from one service center to another ?

32 posts in this topic

Current wait time for F4 from India is around 15 years (in other words they are currently processing petitions with priority dates August 2004). F3 and F4 category wait times have tended to increase over time as the waitlist gets longer and longer, so don’t be surprised if it ends up being closer to 18-20 years for your brother.

If the F4 category isn’t abolished in the meantime...

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JFH said:

If the F4 category isn’t abolished in the meantime...

I was wondering about this, if trump abolishes this would would happen to the people already in line. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Current wait time for F4 from India is around 15 years (in other words they are currently processing petitions with priority dates August 2004). F3 and F4 category wait times have tended to increase over time as the waitlist gets longer and longer, so don’t be surprised if it ends up being closer to 18-20 years for your brother.

That’s so sad to hear that it could increase to more than the 15 year mark. His application was put in 2017

6 minutes ago, sharon1611 said:

I was wondering about this, if trump abolishes this would would happen to the people already in line. 

If this happens, the people that would have already had petitions accepted would likely get grandfathered in.

More importantly, this isn't a Trump initiative. Talks of removed certain categories (siblings) have been going on for a while, even before Trump came into office. Reason being, the US is one of only a very few countries that even allow sibling petitions. Most countries in the world don't even allow to petition siblings. And as you can see, because the US is one of the countries that do allow it... the line (wait) is extremely long (10 - 20+ years). In theory, by removing some categories that may be deemed less critical (parents, sibling, visa lottery), it would help the immigration process be more efficient.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

If this happens, the people that would have already had petitions accepted would likely get grandfathered in.

More importantly, this isn't a Trump initiative. Talks of removed certain categories (siblings) have been going on for a while, even before Trump came into office. Reason being, the US is one of only a very few countries that even allow sibling petitions. Most countries in the world don't even allow to petition siblings. And as you can see, because the US is one of the countries that do allow it... the line (wait) is extremely long (10 - 20+ years). In theory, by removing some categories that may be deemed less critical (parents, sibling, visa lottery), it would help the immigration process be more efficient.

By petitions accepted do you mean NOA1 or Noa2 ( I mean to ask- will only approved petition be grandfathered in or will any petition that ya already waiting in line be allowed as well ?) 

i do understand the debate with immigration but it feel that this is always a topic of discussion. Back when I came in 2007/2008 too there were rumors about getting stricter with immigration. I see both sides of the coin.

2 hours ago, Unlockable said:

Depends, there have been different proposals. There was another proposal that every application with more than a year to wait (I'm not sure if they had a way to calculate this accurately) would simply be terminated. As of  late last year there were 3.7 million applicants waiting in line, of which F4 at 2.2m was the largest category, followed by F3 at 690k.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2018.pdf 

I can see certain lawmakers being tempted by a proposal that just disallows 3m potential immigrants.

2 hours ago, Unlockable said:

In theory, by removing some categories that may be deemed less critical (parents, sibling, visa lottery), it would help the immigration process be more efficient.

Visa lottery is just a political football for both sides of the debate, at 50k visas a year it hardly moves the needle (and has no efficiency impact on family visas as it's dealt with at KCC not NVC). There is plenty of solid evidence that skills based immigration, especially of younger people, is much more beneficial for economic growth over the longer term than family based.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If I could accurately "divine" the US immigration laws in the future, I would also likely be picking the next lucky numbers on the lottery. :lol: The immigration issue is such a political football that gets kicked down the field by one group of political hacks one time, and then kicked up the field by the next group of political hacks the next time. The net effect is nil.... USCIS is like an old rickety, constantly-breaking-down jalopy with bald leaky tires, held together with baling wire, bandaids, chewing gum and spit. One group of political hacks will spotlight immigration reform as one of their highest priorities, then they win the election, and the notion of immigration reform gets put back on the shelf. The next group of political hacks to take on the immigration issue issue as THEIR high priority, then they win the election...surprise, nothing happens. Same old game, only the names of the corrupt change to protect the guilty. :o;)

YMMV

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
On 6/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, portorusa said:

F4 petitions (siblings of USC) are processed ONLY in California Center, no exceptions. 

How do you know that F4 sibling petitions are only processed at CSC ?

5 minutes ago, sharon1611 said:

You can check for yourself here, https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/home

CSC is the only one that lists sibling petitions under I130s

Timeline

F4 petitions (siblings of USC) are processed ONLY in California Center, no exceptions. 

NSC shows that it is processing sibling petitions in 10-13 months. My parents I-130 was approved in Nebraska but I’m not sure why my brothers case went to California ??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, sharon1611 said:

NSC shows that it is processing sibling petitions in 10-13 months. My parents I-130 was approved in Nebraska but I’m not sure why my brothers case went to California ??

Different family preference 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, sharon1611 said:

Go check here:https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Only California Center processes I-130 for F4 category.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.