49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

because we are no longer on a K1 lol 

Yes, but you had panel medical before PoE as K-1 applicant? It is my understanding that in this case no I-693 is needed for AoS, or am I mistaken? 

Edited by Shiran

8 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Yes, but you had panel medical before PoE as K-1 applicant? It is my understanding that in this case no I-693 is needed for AoS, or am I mistaken? 

Correct.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

Thanks everyone, I really don’t know what to expect other than to prepare! Just curious 

I was waiting for my interview for 1,5 years. I am from Florida too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, Butziee said:

Just want to clarify. If uscis case status still shows fingerprints complete Aug 6, 2018, then they still have not got to our petition thus still having a possibility to receive RFE, but if it shows ready to be scheduled , that means the petition was already reviewed and is at no risk for an rfe

Likely no RFE at the NBC stage once you see the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" status. The field office on the other hand can also hand out RFEs, some even get RFEs after their interview.

RFEs can happen at any point between USCIS receiving your case and your greencard being produced.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Butziee said:

Just want to clarify. If uscis case status still shows fingerprints complete Aug 6, 2018, then they still have not got to our petition thus still having a possibility to receive RFE, but if it shows ready to be scheduled , that means the petition was already reviewed and is at no risk for an rfe

think of it like an NOA2. 

you can still get an RFE later on, but for the most part, everything looks good and passed the initial screening and nothing was noted out of order or suspicious. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

15 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

I appreciate everyone’s input but somehow I got confused or tagged with Dallas field office?.......I’m in Oakland Park just as my timeline AOS states. Yes I get it varies, the question I had originally was is my status is just a canned statement based on others experience. 

Anyway thank you all.

I kept saying Dallas because like other said, your profile says that Dallas is your local office. LOL

5 hours ago, Scandi said:

Likely no RFE at the NBC stage once you see the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" status. The field office on the other hand can also hand out RFEs, some even get RFEs after their interview.

RFEs can happen at any point between USCIS receiving your case and your greencard being produced.

Yup. That is exactly what happened in my case. On January 2018 I received an RFIE and quickly re-sent what I initially sent in with the I-485 packet:

1. "Evidence of your lawful admission or parole into the United States."
  2. "Submit a Social Security Administration (SSA) earnings statement or other SSA provided documentation that shows you have worked or can be credited with 40 quaters to support your Form I-864W, Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption."

Then:

17 hours ago, HRQX said:

June 23, 2018: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

~9.5 months later

April 4, 2019: Interview Was Scheduled

Interview was on May 13, 2019 at the San Francisco Field Office.

At the interview, the IO informs me that the RFIE was requesting a copy of the approval notice for my I-821 TPS application (IDK if the one from 2002 or a more recent renewal) as "Evidence of your lawful admission." I was lucky because USCIS found it in their system and the IO had a copy at the interview. 2 weeks after the interview I received a new RFE for "copies of your military records and discharge certificate. Please include the units, battalians, divisions you served and locations, and the name of your commanding officer" with English translations. I will respond to the new RFE as soon as I get those copies.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/3/2019 at 3:29 PM, Jorgedig said:

This is not correct.  Yes, it happened in YOUR situation, but for those of us going through LFOs with long waits, the status will show "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" for up to 24 months or for however long it takes for an interview times lot to become available.  Get it?

This was my experience but its possible si maybe in YOUR experience it is longer. As previously mentionef, it depends on your local office as well. Get it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 hours ago, Scandi said:

There's a HUGE difference between the status that says "ready to be scheduled for an interview" and the status that says "interview has been scheduled".

The first status doesn't really mean anything more than that your case is sitting there waiting to be sent off to your LFO for an interview. That can take weeks, months or even years.

The second status means that your interview actually has been scheduled, and that you will receive a letter with the interview information in your mailbox within 1-2 weeks. 

Two very different statuses.

In my case it didnt take long but its my experience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lrobby said:

In my case it didnt take long but its my experience.

Once the status says "interview has been scheduled" it only takes a week or two to get the letter. The interview is usually only a month out from the date on that letter. It goes that fast for everyone, your case is no different.

You have likely misunderstood the difference between the different statuses.

I should also add that some get their biometrics within a few weeks from filing while others wait for months. So to get an interview close after biometrics doesn't really say much.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
22 hours ago, Shiran said:

im not sure. he had not had his medical yet. we rec'd our noa2 and it was sent to the consulate but interview hadnt been scheduled yet. we married before it was and decided to adjust directly. 

even if he HAD, by adjusting directly, the medical may be out of date by the time we get the aos interview. not a big deal to get it done. 

and now the k1 timelines are SOOO fast. blows. my. mind. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, debbiedoo said:

we married before it was and decided to adjust directly.

Oh, I see, your profile still shows K-1. At least you were able to do DCF before that option was removed! And yes, I see 129F approvals in < 90 days.. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, HRQX said:

DCF without exceptional circumstances has never been an option in Canada. They submitted an I-130/I-485 packet while within the US.

there ya go :)

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.