49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jaquelly said:

I quoted it to them earlier. Dallas has a massive wait.

I understand that but its unclear if the OP understands that it varies as it was posted again without the OP making mention of their LFO. Just trying to make it clear for the OP and other newbies who come across this post.🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I understand that but its unclear if the OP understands that it varies as it was posted again without the OP making mention of their LFO. Just trying to make it clear for the OP and other newbies who come across this post.🙂

I appreciate everyone’s input but somehow I got confused or tagged with Dallas field office?.......I’m in Oakland Park just as my timeline AOS states. Yes I get it varies, the question I had originally was is my status is just a canned statement based on others experience. 

Anyway thank you all.

Edited by LarryHickman

2 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

I appreciate everyone’s input but somehow I got confused or tagged with Dallas field office?.......I’m in Oakland Park just as my timeline AOS states. Yes I get it varies, the question I had originally was is my status is just a canned statement based on others experience. 

Anyway thank you all.

If you input your zip here you can confirm your LFO and update your timeline if need be:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Not how that works at all field offices.  Some are taking close to two years due to the volume of applications.

Yes every office is different but if they said that they are sending you the interview appt. Letter than you should have interview soon. Problem is that depending on the office, it could take a while to process. The CO tried to give us an RFE for the medical but that was his mistake and we didnt end up with an RFE.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lrobby said:

Yes every office is different but if they said that they are sending you the interview appt. Letter than you should have interview soon. Problem is that depending on the office, it could take a while to process. The CO tried to give us an RFE for the medical but that was his mistake and we didnt end up with an RFE.

This is what I received, its Oakland Park field office I just wondering if it’s a canned statement

ED2AE02F-E9B5-480C-9304-07152A5FF7DF.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, LarryHickman said:

This is what I received, its Oakland Park field office I just wondering if it’s a canned statement

We received the same thing and received the appt. Letter right after.

Timeline
Just now, Lrobby said:

We received the same thing and received the appt. Letter right after.

Im not holding my breath but thanks for sharing your experience 

27 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

It's a canned statement. My case:

June 23, 2018: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

~9.5 months later

April 4, 2019: Interview Was Scheduled

Interview was on May 13, 2019 at the San Francisco Field Office.

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

It's a canned statement. My case:

June 23, 2018: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

~9.5 months later

April 4, 2019: Interview Was Scheduled

Interview was on May 13, 2019 at the San Francisco Field Office.

Thanks for sharing your experience just curious how soon or far out people were once it went to this status.

46 minutes ago, Lrobby said:

Yes every office is different but if they said that they are sending you the interview appt. Letter than you should have interview soon.

This is not correct.  Yes, it happened in YOUR situation, but for those of us going through LFOs with long waits, the status will show "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" for up to 24 months or for however long it takes for an interview times lot to become available.  Get it?

Edited by Jorgedig

52 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

Anyway thank you all.

The info on your posts says Dallas is your local office.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

The info on your posts says Dallas is your local office.

I did not notice that, thanks it looks like I need to update if possible to the same as the AOS location per AOS timeline Oakland Park

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lrobby said:

There's a HUGE difference between the status that says "ready to be scheduled for an interview" and the status that says "interview has been scheduled".

The first status doesn't really mean anything more than that your case is sitting there waiting to be sent off to your LFO for an interview. That can take weeks, months or even years.

The second status means that your interview actually has been scheduled, and that you will receive a letter with the interview information in your mailbox within 1-2 weeks. 

Two very different statuses.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

nice to know, we'll have to schedule his medical anyways so need a bit of notice 

I am curious why will you need to schedule the medical on K-1? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I am curious why will you need to schedule the medical on K-1? 

because we are no longer on a K1 lol 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.