dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2019

546 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

me and my husband got our first RFE from NVC on June 6 here.

We sent the documents we needed to send in yesterday on the 19th (the document was something to do with my husbands tax papers, something wasnt readable properly)

How long does it take for NVC to respond to RFE generally? how long was it for you?

just asking because ive seen people say it doesnt take as long as the first time we submitted, but then other responses saying 2-3 weeks. 

(we orginally sent everything/all fees paid to NVC April 11/2019....really want this all over with lol)

Edited by mika__

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just to update those who are interested to know how long it takes to get the actual permanent resident card Aka "greencard". 

After getting approved at the Lagos Consulate April 1,2019.

I paid the sum $220 on April 5, 2019, recieved the actual card today June 20, 2019. It took me approximately 75days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, DamilolaA said:

Just to update those who are interested to know how long it takes to get the actual permanent resident card Aka "greencard". 

I paid the sum $220 on April 5, 2019, recieved the actual card today June 20, 2019. It took me approximately 75days.

That's really long days. 

My friend got her greencard in 1 month after paid fee.

Timeline

I guess this is what they do now, they have also changed the color scheme of the card and it expires on the second anniversary of the exact day you arrive the USA if you are on a CR1 visa or the 10th anniversary of the day that you arrive the USA if you are in the IR1 visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, DamilolaA said:

I guess this is what they do now, they have also changed the color scheme of the card and it expires on the second anniversary of the exact day you arrive the USA if you are on a CR1 visa or the 10th anniversary of the day that you arrive the USA if you are in the IR1 visa

Well anyway, congrats to you.

I'm still waiting for NVC response :(  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sharon & Thomas said:

Well anyway, congrats to you.

I'm still waiting for NVC response :(  

Thank you, hopefully you get a response soon. 

5 hours ago, DamilolaA said:

Trump and his wahala. How is life over there jare, hope you have started work?

15 hours ago, DamilolaA said:

When did you enter the US, time is counted from that day, not when you paid for it if you paid before entering US.

NOA1: Feb 13 2018

NOA2: Feb 15 2019

NVC Case Number assigned: Apr 3 2019

NVC IV Fees paid: Apr 5 2019

DS-260 filled: Apr 10 2019

IV Docs submitted: Apr 12 2019

IV Docs resubmitted: May 1 2019

Case complete: may 3 2019

Expedite requested: May 15 2019

Expedite approved: May 23 2019

Case sent to Consulate: May 24 2018

Case status Ready: May 28 2019

Interview date: June 20 2019

Interview status: Approved

Timeline
1 minute ago, dxb_Indian said:

When did you enter the US, time is counted from that day, not when you paid for it if you paid before entering US.

April 27

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Quick question,

I am currently waiting for the NVC to review documents for my wife's CR1 in Bogota, Colombia. My submission date for the docs was June 5th. On Tuesday I was mugged and had all my belongings stolen from me. The guy was on a motorcycle, he punched me in the gut and took my phone and everything, right in front of my upscale apartment. 

I currently have an expedite approved for the Bogota embassy when we finish the NVC process because my wife has a extremely high risk pregnancy. We are just waiting for the NVC process to be complete and everything will move very rapidly. I called the NVC and explained the situation, asking if they can look at the documents so we can get out of Colombia. The supervisor said no, I had to wait and if we don't have all the documents correct we need to wait another three weeks. 

I tried to call the embassy and see if they could do anything, but it is impossible to get through. Is there anything I can do to get these docs looked at? My wife is scared that the criminals know where we live and may try to kidnap me for ransom, it's very common in Colombia. We aren't leaving the apartment anymore because we don't want to take the risk. 

Any advice is appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, DylanandLaura said:

Quick question,

I am currently waiting for the NVC to review documents for my wife's CR1 in Bogota, Colombia. My submission date for the docs was June 5th. On Tuesday I was mugged and had all my belongings stolen from me. The guy was on a motorcycle, he punched me in the gut and took my phone and everything, right in front of my upscale apartment. 

I currently have an expedite approved for the Bogota embassy when we finish the NVC process because my wife has a extremely high risk pregnancy. We are just waiting for the NVC process to be complete and everything will move very rapidly. I called the NVC and explained the situation, asking if they can look at the documents so we can get out of Colombia. The supervisor said no, I had to wait and if we don't have all the documents correct we need to wait another three weeks. 

I tried to call the embassy and see if they could do anything, but it is impossible to get through. Is there anything I can do to get these docs looked at? My wife is scared that the criminals know where we live and may try to kidnap me for ransom, it's very common in Colombia. We aren't leaving the apartment anymore because we don't want to take the risk. 

Any advice is appreciated.

I don’t understand, if they already approved your expedite doesn’t the NVC transfers your case to the embassy so you can schedule your own interview? Our case was expedited and I scheduled my husband interview here at the consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where we currently reside.

Sorry this happened to you, but the days of kidnapping for ransom are not as common as they used to be many years back. I am Colombian as well and haven’t heard such things happening in big cities. So I think you need to relax and continue living your life and not be inside your apartment. What happened to you can happen anywhere including in the USA.

Good luck to you! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

I don’t understand, if they already approved your expedite doesn’t the NVC transfers your case to the embassy so you can schedule your own interview? Our case was expedited and I scheduled my husband interview here at the consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where we currently reside.

Sorry this happened to you, but the days of kidnapping for ransom are not as common as they used to be many years back. I am Colombian as well and haven’t heard such things happening in big cities. So I think you need to relax and continue living your life and not be inside your apartment. What happened to you can happen anywhere including in the USA.

Good luck to you! 

Without getting into a whole thing about the danger here, being a gringo entranjera is different than being a Colombian. You always have a target on your back because you look different and it is assumed you are rich "rico". This isn't the first time I have been robbed here, but the danger is I have been receiving messages from the thief to give them my phone password. They know my name and they know where I live. Not to mention, he has assaulted and robbed 4 people in our building. If Colombia has similar gun laws to the US, this wouldn't be a problem because I would have my Glock on me at all times. 

The Bogota embassy only does expedites when the case is documentary complete, they don't do direct consular filing or skip the NVC process. I'm stuck at the NVC process waiting for them to look at documents. My question is if there is anything else I can do to make them look at these documents. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, DylanandLaura said:

Without getting into a whole thing about the danger here, being a gringo entranjera is different than being a Colombian. You always have a target on your back because you look different and it is assumed you are rich "rico". This isn't the first time I have been robbed here, but the danger is I have been receiving messages from the thief to give them my phone password. They know my name and they know where I live. Not to mention, he has assaulted and robbed 4 people in our building. If Colombia has similar gun laws to the US, this wouldn't be a problem because I would have my Glock on me at all times. 

The Bogota embassy only does expedites when the case is documentary complete, they don't do direct consular filing or skip the NVC process. I'm stuck at the NVC process waiting for them to look at documents. My question is if there is anything else I can do to make them look at these documents. 

Wow so it seems like is a building problem as it keeps happening there.

My dad is american “gringo” as you say and has lived in Colombia por 40+ years, and he has never been robbed (I also have many Europeans and American friends living there and haven’t had many issues). I am also in the US Air Force and was once deployed at the embassy in Bogota and all

my fellow “gringo” friends loved it there and never had any issues if they followed common sense. So is either you are not having common sense that it keeps happening to you or is something to do with your building as it keeps happening there. Also having a gun won’t solve the problem.

Again I am not saying that Colombia is a “Switzerland” but what happened to you can happen anywhere in the USA. By the way crime rate per capita is higher in NYC than Medellin for example.

Good luck!

#ColombiaTheOnlyRiskIsWantingToStay

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Wow so it seems like is a building problem as it keeps happening there.

My dad is american “gringo” as you say and has lived in Colombia por 40+ years, and he has never been robbed (I also have many Europeans and American friends living there and haven’t had many issues). I am also in the US Air Force and was once deployed at the embassy in Bogota and all

my fellow “gringo” friends loved it there and never had any issues if they followed common sense. So is either you are not having common sense that it keeps happening to you or is something to do with your building as it keeps happening there. Also having a gun won’t solve the problem.

Again I am not saying that Colombia is a “Switzerland” but what happened to you can happen anywhere in the USA. By the way crime rate per capita is higher in NYC than Medellin for example.

Good luck!

#ColombiaTheOnlyRiskIsWantingToStay

You truly are from Colombia, victim blaming. Again, you didn't answer my question about if there is anything else I can do with the NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.