1,447 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AKL said:

My PD was 16 Feb 2017

CC 21 March 2019

Received my IL after 62 days. So on 22 May 2019

Interview date 11 June 2019

Category F2A

Thank you so much.. Could you clarify if ur CC was on 21st March or the CC email was sent out on 21st March.

8 hours ago, R and KJ said:

Based on my experience before, waiting no matter what we are waiting for was really really hard. I used to call them thrice a week (hoping it would make it faster) 

wishing you guys all the best. And hoping you guys hears the good news the soonest

thank you! Best of luck to you as well! :)

37 minutes ago, AKL said:

I had my interview a few days ago and I got approved. Thank you everyone the process was made easier with everyone's input. I'm open to questions 

what was your medical exam and interview experience?

CR-1 & CR-2 cases

I-130 PETITON- California Service Center (Beneficiary-Me:luv:)   I-130 PETITON- Texas Service Center (Child Beneficiary- which was a then derivative before my husband naturalization)       I-751 PETITION National Benefits Center

USCIS PROCESS

Petition I-130 (F2-A)  for spouse with a derivative child – October 10th, 2017     (DAY 1)

Petition I-130 (F2-A)  returned – October 13th, 2017 (fees were not paid)     (DAY 3)                                                     

Petition I-130 (F2-A)  Resubmitted (with the fees this time) – March 5th, 2018     (DAY 147)

USCIS received I-130 (F2-A)  – March 14th, 2018     (DAY 156)

USCIS Notice of receipt – March 19th, 2018     (DAY 161)

Update I-130 (CR-1) petition status (via telephone) – December 29th, 2018     (DAY 297)

Update I-130 (CR-1) petition status update (via mail) – January 7th, 2019     (DAY 306)

USCIS petition update notice – January 14th, 2019     (DAY 313)

Petition I-130 (CR-2) for child – February 6th, 2019     (DAY 1)

USCIS received I-130 (CR-2) for child - February 14th, 2019     (DAY 8 )

USCIS Notice of receipt received (via mail) - February 25th, 2019     (DAY 19)

USCIS Notice of receipt of change of address (via mail) – March 2nd, 2019 day     (DAY 359)

Received notice via USCIS account I-130 (CR-1) APPROVED:D – March 25th , 2019     (DAY 382)

Received notice of approval (via mail) I-130 (CR-1) APPROVED - March 30th, 2019     (DAY 387)

Request for petition to be expedited by USCIS (via e-mail) APPROVED:D – April 29th , 2019    (DAY 82) 

Received notice via USCIS account I-130 (CR-2) APPROVED:D - May 13th, 2019     (DAY 96)

Received notice of approval (via mail) I-130 (CR-2) APPROVED - May 16th, 2019      (DAY 99) 

NVC PROCESS

Received notice (via e-mail) of retrieval of I-130 (CR-1) by NVC  (Dept. of State) - May 23rd, 2019     (DAY 440)

Received notice (via email) I-130 (CR-2) sent to NVC (Dept. of State) - May 23rd, 2019     (DAY 106) 

Received notice (via email) of retrieval of I-130 (CR-2) by NVC (Dept. of State) - May 30th, 2019     (DAY 113)  

Received case # (CR-1), paid AOS & IV fees - June 10th, 2019     (DAY 458)     

Fees were all cleared submitted DS-260, financial documents and civil documents (CR-1) - June 12th, 2019      (DAY 460)

Received case # (CR-2) paid IV fee (AOS fee was already paid on CR-1 case) submitted financial documents - June 15th, 2019     (DAY 129)

IV fee cleared submitted DS-260 & civil documents (CR-2) - June 19th, 2019     (DAY 133)

EMBASSY PROCESS

Expedite request for (CR-1) & (CR-2) case APPROVED and sent to embassy :) - June 20th, 2019       (DAY 468)

Receipt of CR-1 case by embassy- June 20th, 2019     (DAY 468)

Receipt of CR-2 case by embassy- June 24th, 2019     (DAY 472)

Received appointment letter from embassy- June 25th, 2019, Interview on July 19th, 2019, Administrative Processing July 22nd, 2019, Issued on July 24th, 2019, Visa received July 26th, 2019

ROC PROCESS

Mailed form I-751 via UPS - May 4th 2021; delivered- May 10th 2021 (90 day window) bank credited May 20th 2021

Receipt # received via text msg & mail- May 24th 2021

Received letter for CR2 to be omitted from biometrics- May 29th 2021 

Received letter for biometrics appointment for CR1- July 15th 2021

1 hour ago, jeanita68 said:

I just spoke to a rep at the Embassy and he put in an inquiry for my interview date. He ask if I still hadn’t received my email package for biomedical I said no and he said he would put in a inquiry. So we’ll see... 🤷🏾‍♀️ Now I’m on hold with NVC to see what they will say. 

Let me know what NVC says. How long is the hold to call the embassy? Hopefully they're helpful

7 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Let me know what NVC says. How long is the hold to call the embassy? Hopefully they're helpful

They was useless as always. I was on hold for about 40 minutes, she said I was still in line waiting for interview, and she didn’t know when or if they had started schedule for july😏😏 I asked her if she had a time frame as to what is the wait time for receive interview letter ..she didn’t know that either. 🤦‍♀️

35 minutes ago, DDP&JDP said:

i truly feel that overall embassy are delayed in general. It just seems so much slower in general then last month. 

Today I heard from my friend that we have to wait for July .this month they don't give. 

Mumbai embassy 

N from nxt month F2A category ll be current  for 3 months  .so those who are waiting for interview at Mumbai embassy ll get IL  nxt month 

N for us( cr1/ir1) no news yet 

So if we are lucky than we got interview date for August.. 

7 minutes ago, IKD said:

Today I heard from my friend that we have to wait for July .this month they don't give. 

Mumbai embassy 

N from nxt month F2A category ll be current  for 3 months  .so those who are waiting for interview at Mumbai embassy ll get IL  nxt month 

N for us( cr1/ir1) no news yet 

So if we are lucky than we got interview date for August.. 

I’m sorry but I doubt this because , the statics show that in July 2019 lots of cr1/ir1 visas were issued meaning they had interviews in July..

so I think you should still have high hopes of getting IL soon , thank you 

3186A63D-8B83-4C41-B6D4-AE7A1D94AD6A.png

11 minutes ago, kelvinla589 said:

I’m sorry but I doubt this because , the statics show that in July 2019 lots of cr1/ir1 visas were issued meaning they had interviews in July..

so I think you should still have high hopes of getting IL soon , thank you 

3186A63D-8B83-4C41-B6D4-AE7A1D94AD6A.png

They do interviews 

But except few no IL for July for ir1/cr1 

So don't know what is going on there 

Hope so ll get soon

Timeline
16 minutes ago, DDP&JDP said:

The picture above is for stats in 2018. Although i disagree with the statement that f2a category is more current, as they do not gain precedent and are based on priority date, VS cr1 is always eligible for 1st priority. one of two things could be happening. Either Mumbai is waiting till the end of month to issue  IL  or they did issue IL and we just missed it ( which are highly unlikely) as their is someone with a MAY 1 CC that still is waiting.  

NVC rep told me that they are still scheduling interviews for July. In 2018 June and 2018 July more number of green cards were issued at MUM. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, AKL said:

I had my interview a few days ago and I got approved. Thank you everyone the process was made easier with everyone's input. I'm open to questions 

Forgot to ask you. Were you asked to fill out supplementary questionnaire listing all your social media accounts?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ram_shan said:

Forgot to ask you. Were you asked to fill out supplementary questionnaire listing all your social media accounts?

No. I submitted my DS-260 in Jan so the during my interview the Embassy didn't ask me to do that. The embassy never asked for any of my documents apart from the marriage certificate, police clearance certificate and birth certificate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.