SallySally

How to contact a supervisor/complain at the Embassy level

17 posts in this topic

Desperately need help- I need to know who to contact when there is an issue with the immigration staff at an Embassy. We have had multiple issues due to the incompetency with the IV Unit US Embassy Cairo. 

Our case was expedited at the NVC level and when I called NVC they told me the Embassy has our case and all questions should be directed to them. The Embassy has responded to my emails with form emails that included wrong information. 1st email told us to upload documents (which we did a month ago) then we received an email telling us to send the same documents to the Embassy via courier (which we did yesterday). Today we received a phone call asking us why we sent documents to them and telling us how to upload to the CAEC system. We repeatedly told the woman we had already uploaded them and that the Embassy had told us to send the documents. I am guessing they sent the wrong copy/paste email  response to us but she wouldn't not tell us anything except we were wrong. Furthermore- she OPENED the sealed medical examination results -when we asked why she said it was opened by accident. Now we don't know if they will accept the medical exam when we bring it to the interview. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how to talk to a supervisor or the officer in charge at the Embassy level for IV cases? I am not sure who to ask for of the process.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SallySally said:

Desperately need help- I need to know who to contact when there is an issue with the immigration staff at an Embassy. We have had multiple issues due to the incompetency with the IV Unit US Embassy Cairo. 

Our case was expedited at the NVC level and when I called NVC they told me the Embassy has our case and all questions should be directed to them. The Embassy has responded to my emails with form emails that included wrong information. 1st email told us to upload documents (which we did a month ago) then we received an email telling us to send the same documents to the Embassy via courier (which we did yesterday). Today we received a phone call asking us why we sent documents to them and telling us how to upload to the CAEC system. We repeatedly told the woman we had already uploaded them and that the Embassy had told us to send the documents. I am guessing they sent the wrong copy/paste email  response to us but she wouldn't not tell us anything except we were wrong. Furthermore- she OPENED the sealed medical examination results -when we asked why she said it was opened by accident. Now we don't know if they will accept the medical exam when we bring it to the interview. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how to talk to a supervisor or the officer in charge at the Embassy level for IV cases? I am not sure who to ask for of the process.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

1. good luck in getting anywhere with the Cairo Embassy

2. when you say SHE opened it? who is she? go back to the doctor who did it and let them know and get a new one if you can

I have dealt long and hard with the Embassy there, nothing gets done, they don't care about the cases like the should.

Thanks for the reply. The Embassy is very unhelpful. 'She' was the woman on the phone who wouldn't identify herself. I am guessing she was a receptionist or low level administrative assistant since she merely repeated what sounded like scripted answers. She kept sighing every time my husband asked a question. It wasn't a language issue since she was native Arabic speaker and is my husband who was on the phone with her. We are unable to upload the AOS and when we asked her she asked 'who won't let you upload it'- we said- the CAEC system- the icon/page to upload it is not open. Again she didn't have an answer. 

I called the doctor and they said they cannot reseal the envelope. I am praying the Embassy lady resealed it in an official way to show that is was opened by them.

I just need to know how to take it to a supervisor. I just want to make sure our case is ok and we haven't done anything wrong.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

confusing

you say embassy opened the sealed medical and then say you will take it to the interview

if the dr sent it straight to the embassy,  they are in charge of the medical as it was never in your hands so this is not an issue

34 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

1. good luck in getting anywhere with the Cairo Embassy

2. when you say SHE opened it? who is she? go back to the doctor who did it and let them know and get a new one if you can

I have dealt long and hard with the Embassy there, nothing gets done, they don't care about the cases like the should.

7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

confusing

you say embassy opened the sealed medical and then say you will take it to the interview

if the dr sent it straight to the embassy,  they are in charge of the medical as it was never in your hands so this is not an issue

The doctor does not send it straight to the Embassy here. The doctor gave us (and everyone else there that day) the sealed envelope with the completed medical exam which we were told by the doctor to take to the interview when we are scheduled. The Embassy sent us an email instructing us to SEND the medical exam along with the AOS and civil documents to them- which we did. The Embassy opened the medical exam THEN called to tell us we were not supposed to send anything to them that our documents are to be uploaded only and to bring the medical exam to the interview. The woman on the phone told us she opened it by mistake! This is why I need to speak to someone in charge. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

take that email instructing you to send the medical exam to the embassy when you go to the interview

you can send new emails now but you need the proof as everyone there will try to cover their butt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is true some countries give the beneficiary the envelope to take themselves to the interview/submit to the embassy. Philippines is same way, you walk out of the medical with the packet and even a spare CD of the x-rays and all.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

2 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

It is true some countries give the beneficiary the envelope to take themselves to the interview/submit to the embassy. Philippines is same way, you walk out of the medical with the packet and even a spare CD of the x-rays and all.

Yes I am worried now that when we finally do get an interview they will reject the medical exam because of their mistake and that will cost us even more time. I just need to find someone up the 'food-chain' at the Embassy to speak with about it. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
45 minutes ago, SallySally said:

Yes I am worried now that when we finally do get an interview they will reject the medical exam because of their mistake and that will cost us even more time. I just need to find someone up the 'food-chain' at the Embassy to speak with about it. 

Don’t bother trying to find someone up in the food chain, that’ll be a never ending road.

Just focus on the interview. As said, make sure you print and bring all the email communication during the interview that shows you did sent the medical package as requested and was returned back opened. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, SallySally said:

We are unable to upload the AOS and when we asked her she asked 'who won't let you upload it'- we said- the CAEC system- the icon/page to upload it is not open.

Try uploading the affidavit of support by clicking on "add document" under financial support documents tab.  That worked for us even after the original documents were submitted.  We couldn't upload a new tax transcript to replace the one we uploaded originally since it had already been "submitted," but we were able to upload a new one using "add document."  Try that so all your bases are covered before the interview.  Good luck!

10 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Try uploading the affidavit of support by clicking on "add document" under financial support documents tab.  That worked for us even after the original documents were submitted.  We couldn't upload a new tax transcript to replace the one we uploaded originally since it had already been "submitted," but we were able to upload a new one using "add document."  Try that so all your bases are covered before the interview.  Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion. The tab for 'Affidavit of Support and Financial Evidence' isn't open for us, nor are the fee payment and choice of address & agent tabs. The only one we can access is the Civil Documents tab to upload civil documents so I am unable to add document under financial evidence. This is one of the issues I had emailed them about. When I click on the tabs at the top they just won't open. I have no idea if this is normal or not. 

CAEC Screenshot 1.png

CAEC Screenshot 2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Have you called NVC?  Sometimes they can be very helpful if you're trying to upload a document on CEAC.  It's worth a try, you might be on hold for a while.  If that doesn't work, just take everything to the interview and explain to the IO what happened.  All the best!

Just now, carmel34 said:

Have you called NVC?  Sometimes they can be very helpful if you're trying to upload a document on CEAC.  It's worth a try, you might be on hold for a while.  If that doesn't work, just take everything to the interview and explain to the IO what happened.  All the best!

Thanks so much -I called NVC and was on hold for 45 minutes for the man to tell me our case is at the Embassy and if I have questions to talk to them. I explained the issue but he said to talk to them. That's when I sent an email to the IV Unit Cairo and they replied saying to send documents to them.  Our case was expedited at the NVC level and went to the Embassy directly after we were given the welcome letter/case number. We had to transfer from the Embassy in Jerusalem to Cairo due to issues with travel to Jerusalem from Gaza Strip. Jerusalem was very responsive but Cairo has been a nightmare to deal with. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, SallySally said:

Thanks so much -I called NVC and was on hold for 45 minutes for the man to tell me our case is at the Embassy and if I have questions to talk to them. I explained the issue but he said to talk to them. That's when I sent an email to the IV Unit Cairo and they replied saying to send documents to them.  Our case was expedited at the NVC level and went to the Embassy directly after we were given the welcome letter/case number. We had to transfer from the Embassy in Jerusalem to Cairo due to issues with travel to Jerusalem from Gaza Strip. Jerusalem was very responsive but Cairo has been a nightmare to deal with. 

My sense is that once the file had been passed to the Consulate, the CEAC upload is no longer active .. may be wrong but .. 

it seems your only option is focussing on the interview. Have copies and originals of all documents already sent .. plus whatever new ones you were asked to provide 

You face so any other challenges in your part of the world .. I’m sorry this is adding to it even more 

3 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

My sense is that once the file had been passed to the Consulate, the CEAC upload is no longer active .. may be wrong but .. 

it seems your only option is focussing on the interview. Have copies and originals of all documents already sent .. plus whatever new ones you were asked to provide 

You face so any other challenges in your part of the world .. I’m sorry this is adding to it even more 

Thanks Lil Bear

Our main worry is that they are waiting on us for something before they proceed- I have done all that I can do on the CAEC site and emailed the Embassy several times. I just don't want to make a mistake and cost us time. 

Yes life is challenging here for sure. Thank you for your time and words. Peace. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.