Imran ak

Spouse visa case returned to uscis and got the notice of intent to revoke from uscis

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone I'm under massive stress situation I hope u ppl can help me by knowledge and eon experiences bases. My name is Imran from islamabad pakistan I married with usa citizen in the month of may 2016 thn applied for spouse visa been approved in uscis and nvc and forwarded to usa embassy Islamabad pakistan had interviewed on november 2017 and placed to 221g administrative process on December 2018 online status showed case been returned to NVC and I got my original documents and passport back from usa embassy but no any letter nothng from embassy thn 19th of April my wife living in usa missouri state got the letter from uscis and given the 30 days to submit the papers in the letter they mentioned the reasons why embassy deny my visa and case returned to uscis. Reason no 1. A site visit was conducted in the vicinity of the beneficiary's residence. The beneficiary claimed the patitioner had visited him in pakistan twice however no one could confirm whether they had seen an American woman at the beneficiary's family home or in their neighborhood at any time. 2. The officers went to the address on the beneficiary's divories decree to confirm it's validity and discovered that address doest not exist. It appears the beneficiary has not been married before and submitted a divorce decree that was not genuine. 3. The beneficiary did not submit any photos of the wedding ceremony the beneficiary said his wedding was small and that his friends and extended family did not come but he did not say why they did not come..... let me explain the reasons first embassy ppl visited my home and only had talked with two teenagers boys in the street idk what boys said but they didn't visited to any home they didn't talked with any adult and in reply I did got the four different neighbors statements on affidavits that they met my wife they seen her and and going to submit in uscis these affidavits and embassy said my first marriage divorce address not exist it's not true I did get the electricity and gas bills on that address and proving thm it exist going to submit this uscis and they said I had no photos of the wedding reception I did give them about 100 photos of wedding reception On my interview day and embassy kept only 5 photos idk why they r doing this I am going to submit my wedding reception photos to uscis too uscis asked my wife to provide ( such evidence could take many forms, including, but not limited to proof of the beneficiary has been listed as the patitioner's spouse on any insurance policies,property leases, income tax forms, or bank accounts, and testimony or other evidence regarding courtship wedding ceremony shared residence and experiences. ) my wife said bank don't do joint account without my signature and social security and home deed don't do this on same reasons but her name is under my name she had changed her name on her all documents passport social security number everything soon after she married with me pls help me to know what we need to do now what forms and things we can do to prove our marriage is real me and my wife are having too much stress we r husband and wife how someone can destroy our lives on these doubts pls help us advice us suggest us we don't know what to do.

How much time did you spend together in person? Did you marry on first visit? 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Has your wife considered moving to Pakistan for a few years?  It sounds like a lot of time together is the solution for providing evidence of a bona fide marriage.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can respond to the NOIR

You can re file.

She can can move.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
11 hours ago, Imran ak said:

Hi everyone I'm under massive stress situation I hope u ppl can help me by knowledge and eon experiences bases. My name is Imran from islamabad pakistan I married with usa citizen in the month of may 2016 thn applied for spouse visa been approved in uscis and nvc and forwarded to usa embassy Islamabad pakistan had interviewed on november 2017 and placed to 221g administrative process on December 2018 online status showed case been returned to NVC and I got my original documents and passport back from usa embassy but no any letter nothng from embassy thn 19th of April my wife living in usa missouri state got the letter from uscis and given the 30 days to submit the papers in the letter they mentioned the reasons why embassy deny my visa and case returned to uscis. Reason no 1. A site visit was conducted in the vicinity of the beneficiary's residence. The beneficiary claimed the patitioner had visited him in pakistan twice however no one could confirm whether they had seen an American woman at the beneficiary's family home or in their neighborhood at any time.    2. The officers went to the address on the beneficiary's divories decree to confirm it's validity and discovered that address doest not exist. It appears the beneficiary has not been married before and submitted a divorce decree that was not genuine.   3. The beneficiary did not submit any photos of the wedding ceremony the beneficiary said his wedding was small and that his friends and extended family did not come but he did not say why they did not come..... let me explain the reasons first embassy ppl visited my home and only had talked with two teenagers boys in the street idk what boys said but they didn't visited to any home they didn't talked with any adult and in reply I did got the four different neighbors statements on affidavits that they met my wife they seen her and and going to submit in uscis these affidavits and embassy said my first marriage divorce address not exist it's not true I did get the electricity and gas bills on that address and proving thm it exist going to submit this uscis and they said I had no photos of the wedding reception I did give them about 100 photos of wedding reception On my interview day and embassy kept only 5 photos idk why they r doing this I am going to submit my wedding reception photos to uscis too uscis asked my wife to provide ( such evidence could take many forms, including, but not limited to proof of the beneficiary has been listed as the patitioner's spouse on any insurance policies,property leases, income tax forms, or bank accounts, and testimony or other evidence regarding courtship wedding ceremony shared residence and experiences. ) my wife said bank don't do joint account without my signature and social security and home deed don't do this on same reasons but her name is under my name she had changed her name on her all documents passport social security number everything soon after she married with me pls help me to know what we need to do now what forms and things we can do to prove our marriage is real me and my wife are having too much stress we r husband and wife how someone can destroy our lives on these doubts pls help us advice us suggest us we don't know what to do.

Did you talk to the two boys that were questioned and are you sure they were the only ones?   When I was in my husbands home town all the neighbors start pouring in to see me EVERYONE knows about me.  Even if they haven't seen me in person there is so much gossip I can't imagine anyone NOT knowing.  Do you have photos of her with people in your city who wrote the statements or family to prove she was there? You mentioned you had statements written but they don't hold much weight.   If the statements were written by people who have been photographed with her it would be so much more helpful.   I'm sure the petitioner has supplied her passport entry and exit stamps and ticket information from the trips...Right?  

What did you supply as a divorce decree?  We've had to supply them with the original rupee paper document ,copy  the notices sent, and the final decree lastly we had the final decree verified by the office of foreign affairs.  They don't believe that you were even married before?   Did you supply your marriage certificate from your first marriage?

The biggest issue in your NOIR is the divorce.  The other items can be easily overcome with the evidence you say you already have.  I just can't imagine why they would feel you would fake ever being married since that is a huge red flag to overcome in Pakistan.  Anyone who is divorced (especially a man) gets extra scrutiny.

How many times since the two trips you provided has she been back to see you?   One important piece of evidence is that you kept an ongoing relationship after the wedding.   

Any other red flags, age difference, different religion, was she also divorced?

You have only 30 days to respond you don't have much time if you received it April 19th.  Write a cover letter rebut all the points in your NOIR  explaining why you feel the embassy is mistaken follow it with the evidence to prove your points.  Organize it so its easy to follow.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Respond to the NOIR with lots of new evidence, re-submit evidence again, give them exactly what they're asking for, address each reason they sent the file back, be thorough, be professional, and do it before the 30 days are up.  Good luck with the response to the NOIR.

If that is unsuccessful, I suggest that your spouse visit more, or even better, move to Pakistan to live with you.   After a year or so, compile lots of new evidence and submit it with the evidence from the beginning of your marriage with a new petition.  Good luck if this is how you move forward.  Eventually you will overcome this challenge, if you really want to be together you will be.

Timeline

Thank you very much ahmed&farida for the reply on my post and trying to figure it out the issues and solutions of this case for me I do appreciate it I'll reply step by step on ur questions the boys were standing in the street whenever ppl from embassy visited my home and talked with my father and my younger brother I was not at home that time I was on work after embassy team left boys revealed to my younger brother that they asked questions about me and my wife after than we checked with other neighbors they said no one asked any questions to thm so I think they only met the boys but I'm still not 100% sure about this bec neighbors can lie hard to trust on. The neighbors stated on affidavits they seen her they met her have no pic with her I had no idea to face this prblm in future otherwise I make sure to have my wife's pics with the neighbors. Now to ur 3rd question's answer I did had her arrival and exit stamps on passport copies on my interview day and airfare  tickets she bought in usa but V/O never let me show this to him but he doubted that I had bought her airfare tickets he even doubted that I'm helping her financially which I strictly denied and I told him she done this her own I'm struggling bad financially how can I help her on this. AR union council they have the record of my wife's and my settlement agreement signatures on affidavits on divorce all I was able to get and to bring to embassy on my interview was the divorce certificate issued in Union council by nadra office system and verified in ministry of foreign affairs that was the only paper of divorce I submitted in embassy along with my first marriage certificate and ofcourse my second marriage certificate and NIKKAH naama. Yes I been able to get the electricity and gas bills on the address was mentioned on my divorce decree the address my ex lived and I did mail this proof to my wife in usa to submit in uscis with other documents. My wife visited me 3 time here in pakistan her first visit to me was about less than 3 weeks than on her 2nd visit we get married in may 2016 and she lived here for a month that time her last visit was very short bec of her vacations was about 4 days only just before my interview in November 2017 since than to now she didn't visited me anymore bec of financial issues. She is 3 years elder than me. I am muslim she is Christian but on her last visit here she was very much eager to convert into islam but I told her it's not the right time whenever we get together than we will do this I said this bec I feel being apart it's very hard to to guide and understand about the religion and prayers etc but physically together  it's very easy and I was not sure about the time period of visa issue. Ur last question is she was divorced too yes she been separated to her ex whenever she visited me first and soon after she filed the divorce it took time her to get the divorce but was about a week before we get married here. Her elder son had emailed her divorce papers which we print out here and we get married here. Now the problem is my wife said she can't do the joint account without my signature and social security number she can't do house deed or anything else without my signature and social security number pls help me understand what do we do now the papers evidence documents uscis asked my wife to provide its not possible bec of I'm not there I can't sign the papers I have no social security number how to cover this?  And pls help me to understand where this visa case stands now how many chances for me to get this visa or uscis has already made their mind ? What papers or something we need to save this visa case ?

Timeline

Thank you very much carmel for the advice and encouragement right now I'm struggling to figure it out how to get out of this situation me and my wife both of us are under huge stress we r trying our level best to do whatever we can do and we need help from all of u on this forum.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Did you talk to the two boys that were questioned and are you sure they were the only ones?   When I was in my husbands home town all the neighbors start pouring in to see me EVERYONE knows about me.  Even if they haven't seen me in person there is so much gossip I can't imagine anyone NOT knowing.  Do you have photos of her with people in your city who wrote the statements or family to prove she was there? You mentioned you had statements written but they don't hold much weight.   If the statements were written by people who have been photographed with her it would be so much more helpful.   I'm sure the petitioner has supplied her passport entry and exit stamps and ticket information from the trips...Right?  

What did you supply as a divorce decree?  We've had to supply them with the original rupee paper document ,copy  the notices sent, and the final decree lastly we had the final decree verified by the office of foreign affairs.  They don't believe that you were even married before?   Did you supply your marriage certificate from your first marriage?

The biggest issue in your NOIR is the divorce.  The other items can be easily overcome with the evidence you say you already have.  I just can't imagine why they would feel you would fake ever being married since that is a huge red flag to overcome in Pakistan.  Anyone who is divorced (especially a man) gets extra scrutiny.

How many times since the two trips you provided has she been back to see you?   One important piece of evidence is that you kept an ongoing relationship after the wedding.   

Any other red flags, age difference, different religion, was she also divorced?

You have only 30 days to respond you don't have much time if you received it April 19th.  Write a cover letter rebut all the points in your NOIR  explaining why you feel the embassy is mistaken follow it with the evidence to prove your points.  Organize it so its easy to follow.  

you must quickly get the proof you have to the USC

It is up to your spouse to follow thru and provide the evidence needed to respond to the NOIR

She has only 30 days

You didn't say if she was willing to continue with this process or if she will give up

But here you ask "What can you do?"

the only thing you can do it get divorce degree as stated above to her

she should have photos of the trip but you can send some with names of people 

but she has to do the work to respond to this NOIR and quickly

BTW  she should visit as much as possible now because if your response to the NOIR is approved,  a new interview will happen and you need more proof of continued meetings

It will be a year or more before you hear if the case is reaffirmed

and as for commingling of fiances,   this can be done before next interview / she should have already claimed you as married spouse on 2016, thru 2018 tax returns / that is a start

You will note the on the last section of the NOIR,  it says you need additional proof of relationship by  commingling finances

the following can tell you how to do this 

she adds you to her IRS tax returns by filing a W7 with appropiate supporting documents giving you a ITIN (individual taxpayer ID number)

with that number and a  POA (power of attorney) from you for her to do financial transactions here in the states,  she can add you to her bank account/   you can not have a debit card yet as you are not her to prove in person your ID but you would still be joint owner of the bank and /or savings account

i was able to add my husband to my deed with the POA and a quick claim deed (samples online)

I was also able to add him to one of my utility bills 

I did all that after our 2010 marriage (with tax returns for 2010 in 2011)

He was not granted a visa till 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Resubmit all of those evidences again and send enough of them but why do i have a feeling that this has to do with you being in Pakistan? :(

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Timeline

Thank you very much adil-rafa for ur comments on my post to be honest I feel her attitude has been changed since she received the notice of revoke from the uscis all she trying to submit to uscis her tax returns and affidavit from her stating that she can't do the house deed or joint account with me bec of I'm not there I can't do the signatures and I don't have the social security number I tried to convince her it's still possible eventhough I'm not there but she said it's not possible after I read your msg I believe it's possible as u said u had done this in 2010 right now I'm feeling very down I believe from her side only tax returns and affidavit is not enoug she might add western union where I'm added there and the other prove she has her passport social security card tax returns she is under my name she did changed her middle and surname to my name soon after we get married idk what is going to happen but I start feeling not good at all 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Focus on what you have done, they will not be interested in what you have not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thank you very much boiler, we r trying our level best to give our 100% bec of this is marriage eventhough we r going through hell it's very stressful situation but we do try to focus on hopefully things will work for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.