andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

We received our appointment in the mail: December 17th.

I am already freaking out so I would be probably asking too many questions here.

So they ask for i-693 if required, report of medical examination and vaccination record. I checked on USCIS for the instructions and I found this:

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver. (2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10. of Form I-693.

I had my testing done on June 11 2019 and we filled on October that same year. We sent the envelope that they give me during my medical to the embassy and never saw it again. The only thing that I have is a copy of my vaccination documentation worksheet ((DS 3025). 

Does that mean that I don´t need anything else on medical? Did I get that right?

Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Fla&Mark said:

We received our appointment in the mail: December 17th.

I am already freaking out so I would be probably asking too many questions here.

So they ask for i-693 if required, report of medical examination and vaccination record. I checked on USCIS for the instructions and I found this:

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver. (2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10. of Form I-693.

I had my testing done on June 11 2019 and we filled on October that same year. We sent the envelope that they give me during my medical to the embassy and never saw it again. The only thing that I have is a copy of my vaccination documentation worksheet ((DS 3025). 

Does that mean that I don´t need anything else on medical? Did I get that right?

Thanks! 

If you have the copy of the DS3025 marked as "Complete", you do not need a new physical, since you filed AOS within 3 months of the medical.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline

Thanks for your quick response! @andreaam Did you fill a new I-864: affidavit of support? @Fe.Ta are you planning to?

My husband still at the same job. I have been working for the last six months so I´m getting my employment verification letter and paystubs. 

Just now, Fla&Mark said:

Thanks for your quick response! @andreaam Did you fill a new I-864: affidavit of support? @Fe.Ta are you planning to?

My husband still at the same job. I have been working for the last six months so I´m getting my employment verification letter and paystubs. 

I believe some people use the same one and others submit a new one.  I am planning to bring what I submitted but then add in the new things.  For example, our 2019, which we file jointly, my new stubs showing the 2019 raise, new verification letter, one from my husband's job, and at least the one pay stub he might have by then, etc.  But, I will know for sure once I get the letter.  I will keep you posted.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
3 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

For us, the taxes were the same. We had to print out again pay stubs so they were current (6 months prior to interview because the ones we had were almost one year old)

@Fer Schvarztman I am seeing a lot of September 2020 filers from NY that are getting interviews.  Did you try submitting a case inquiry?  Or a new one?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
Just now, Fe.Ta said:

@Fer Schvarztman I am seeing a lot of September 2020 filers from NY that are getting interviews.  Did you try submitting a case inquiry?  Or a new one?

I did but they answered there's nothing else I can do. 

I've been trying to call the phone number with no success. Now I'm in the middle of a process so if I'm not called for an interview it's fine, because it'll be difficult to deal with both things at the same time. 

Still couldn't talk to anyone about the medical examinations they want me to perform.

14 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

I've been trying to call the phone number with no success. Now I'm in the middle of a process so if I'm not called for an interview it's fine, because it'll be difficult to deal with both things at the same time. 

Still couldn't talk to anyone about the medical examinations they want me to perform.

Got it.  Well, I hope you get some answers soon!  

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Got the official letter - December 9th.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
7 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

I hope you an update soon! I bet this is really frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Got the official letter - December 9th.

Niceee!! 🙌🏼

Timeline

Guys wanted to give an update on my case. Talked to a Tier 2 through chat, very difficult to get to talk to someone. 

She mentioned if I received a letter from the USCIS asking for medical examination and vaccination form I693 I MUST undergo the examination no matter I'm a k1 visa and did my medicals overseas. On 2018 the rule was changed, so if you receive a formal letter with this inquiry you have to do it again. 

She said I could keep the results and present them on the interview or send them in to the USCIS dept that asked for the medical. So, yes I need to undergo the medical examinations again and pay the cost of it. Hope I'm lucky to get an approval afterwards instead of an interview.

Also for those with an almost expiration EAD card that are working now, they mentioned I can extend the validity to 180 days so I don't loose my job and meet the Form I9 employment verification form requirements 

Hope you're all good! Happy Thanksgiving 😊 

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

4 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Guys wanted to give an update on my case. Talked to a Tier 2 through chat, very difficult to get to talk to someone. 

She mentioned if I received a letter from the USCIS asking for medical examination and vaccination form I693 I MUST undergo the examination no matter I'm a k1 visa and did my medicals overseas. On 2018 the rule was changed, so if you receive a formal letter with this inquiry you have to do it again. 

She said I could keep the results and present them on the interview or send them in to the USCIS dept that asked for the medical. So, yes I need to undergo the medical examinations again and pay the cost of it. Hope I'm lucky to get an approval afterwards instead of an interview.

Also for those with an almost expiration EAD card that are working now, they mentioned I can extend the validity to 180 days so I don't loose my job and meet the Form I9 employment verification form requirements 

Hope you're all good! Happy Thanksgiving 😊 

Did you get this letter already or were you asking them out of curiosity? If so, I do hope you get GC without interview.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
Just now, Fe.Ta said:

Did you get this letter already or were you asking them out of curiosity? If so, I do hope you get GC without interview.

I got a letter from NYC USCIS asking for this. At first I thought it was my interview appointment, but was this medical thing. Will keep you posted, fingers crossed this will end the process and finally land the GC

7 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

I got a letter from NYC USCIS asking for this. At first I thought it was my interview appointment, but was this medical thing. Will keep you posted, fingers crossed this will end the process and finally land the GC

Hoping you get this done by the end of the year with success.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.