andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

@Fe.Ta I believe I must pay the Advance Parole because I didn't do it the 1st time. I only applied for the EAD. So my EAD is a renewal but the AP will be for the 1st time.

10 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Hey! I shared a while ago in the July AOS fillers thread my check list. I will paste here what I shared. I added proof that are not on the USCIS notice, hope this helps you @Fe.Ta and any other folks. ( you will see I have extra notices, because USCIS did a typographical error on my EAD card the 1st time, so I also had to add all that notice letters as well)

Guys, I want to share how I organized and prepared my AOS Interview Packet. I need to update it adding all new evidence we have since my canceled interview date (March 30th, 2020). Hope this helps you, and please give me feedback about our paket. I'm worried we have 2 key proof missing: Rent Lease + Joint Asset.

I had to devide all paperwork in 2 binders. Adding originals + copies

BINDER 1 AOS Form I-485 

A. Index & Cover Letter.

B. Beneficiary Documents:

1. Acta de nacimiento (Birth Certificate)    original + copy.

2. Original passport & Passport Bio page. copy.

3. Passport style photo. (not asked but added)

4. EAD original + copy. (front & back)

5. State ID original + copy. 

6. K1 Visa passport stamp copy.

7. I-94 original + copy. 

8. SSN # original + copy.

9. I129F NOA1 original + copy.

(Received date: June 28,2018- Notice date: July 03, 2018) 

10. I129F NOA2 original + copy.

(Notice date: December 04, 2018)

11. NVC Letter original + copy.

(January 08, 2019)

12. I-485 AOS NOA1 Original + Copy.

(Received date: July 19, 2019. Notice date: July 25, 2019).

13. I-765 EAD NOA1 original + copy.

(Filed together with AOS petition. Notice date: July 25, 2019).

14. ASC APP Notice (Biometrics) original + copy.

(Noyice date: July 26, 2019)

15. USCIS typographical error with my married last name. Confirmation notice system update. Original + copy.

(September 14, 2019).

16. USCIS confirmation notice system update: Home adress. Original + copy.

(January 08,2020)

17. I-765 EAD NOA2. Approved original + copy.

(Notice date: January 02, 2020)

18. I-485 AOS Interview Notice original + copy.

(Notice date: February 18, 2020. Interview date: March 30, 2020)

19. USCIS EAD letter with card. February 02-27-2020. Original + copy.

20.  USCIS Interview cancellation Notice. Original + copy.

(Notice date: March 18, 2020) 

C. Petitioner Documents:

1. Birth Certificate original + copy.

2. State ID driver license.

3. Passport Bio page copy + and all passports.

4. SSN# Original + copy.

D. Petitioner Affidavit of support + Joint Bank Account and Taxes.

1.Petitoner I-864 original + copy. (Expires: 10/31/2021)

2. Petitioners Taxes: IRS / 1040 Forms. Original + copy.

3. Account Adjust Notice original + copy.

4. Tax return transcripts original + copy.

5. Petitioner W2 Forms original + copy.

6. Petitioner + Beneficiary Employer Letter original + copy.

7. Petitioner + Beneficiary Paystubs original + copy. 

8. Petitioner Bank Statements + Joint Bank Statements Account Summary original + copy.

10. Bank/s Reference Letter/s original + copy.

11. Bank Letter accepted new joint account. (We changed our joint Acc from one Bank to another) original + copy. 

12. Bank/s credit card/s Account/s Summary original + copy.

13. Bank Letter Notice: check has been deposited under my name in our joint account.

E. Joint Sponsor Affidavit of support.

1. I-134 Form

2. Naturalization Document copy.

3. IRS/1040 Forms

4. Employer Letter copy.

5. W2 copies.

6. Paystubs copies.

7. Bank Statements.

BINDER 2:  PROOF OF BONAFIDE MARRIAGE 

A. Rent Lease & Monthly payments. original + copy.

( My name is not on the lease, but we want to show we could support our appartment all this long.)

B. Health Insurance. NY State letter approval eligibility for insurance plan for petitioner and beneficiary original + copy.

C. Health Insurance Card petitioner + Beneficiary original + copy.

D. Joint Asset: SUV ( We need to do the registration title application to show co/ownership). Not sure if we will add this, the SUV is still under my brother's in law name and died on us, so we have to sell it so...I believe we lost another proof.

E. Amazon Prime Household Account Screenshots with our names, picture and home adress + our orders delivered to our home adress.

F. On Going Relationship Pictures. ( Pictures since my arrival in April 23, 2019 until December 25th 2019, need to update till present).

G. Marriage Day Pictures at the Clerk office.

H. Social Media Posts. (Added posts since my arrival to NY from my FB page, my husband's page, brother and sister in law pages and my family members to show we relate in social media, we know eachother.) 

I. Marriage Wittness Letters ( This letters basically say my brother and sister in law assisted in person to our wedding at the NY Clerks office).

J. Proof of Adress:

A. Family Letters we received when we got married.

B. Health Insurance payment letters under my husband and I name and adress.

C. Internet bills under my husband and I name and adress.

D. Fedex Envelopes + Bank Letters where our debit cards came in.

Despite all the proof we have, the most important such as the rent lease and the joint assets are missing and don't have much pictures together during the quarentine, at least a couple of family video chats through whats app. Hope all we already have is enough in case we have an interview. 

Still, I believe we must think of explanations regarding our red flags.

Thanks!  I think you are pretty solid.  What red flags do you see or are thinking about?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thanks!  I think you are pretty solid.  What red flags do you see or are thinking about?

One is the lack of at least one asset under our names and the rent lease is only under my husband's name. We called the firm to check if I could be added on the renewal lease but they said no, because the renewal is like an extension from the original lease. 

Also I'm still looking for a job, so if I have the chance to find something plus sponsorship and my husband's job we will be fine about the economic part.

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

2 hours ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

One is the lack of at least one asset under our names and the rent lease is only under my husband's name. We called the firm to check if I could be added on the renewal lease but they said no, because the renewal is like an extension from the original lease. 

Also I'm still looking for a job, so if I have the chance to find something plus sponsorship and my husband's job we will be fine about the economic part.

Got it. FYI, I have seen people get approved with less. So, be prepared to answer questions but don’t beat yourself up too much. It is also COVID year. While they can be strict, there is a sense of awareness it is not a typical year. Do you have rings and insurance for them? Could you use that as proof if a shared asset? If he has an IRA, 401K or something maybe he can add you as beneficiary. That would help on that front. Even though the lease is not to both of your names, you have plenty of proof to show you both live together at that address. Could you ask the company/landlord to write a letter stating you live there but they couldn’t add your name because of the renewal clause? That would solve that issue.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline

@Fe.Ta my checklist for the interview was the letter that I letting me know the interview was scheduled. 
That letter tells you what you need to bring for the interview. And they only take what is on the list. The woman that handled my folder, started reading the letter and I had to hand her the documents. I remember I had made copies of emails between families and screenshots of videocalls and she didn’t take them. 
i hope it helps :)

Timeline
5 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Got it. FYI, I have seen people get approved with less. So, be prepared to answer questions but don’t beat yourself up too much. It is also COVID year. While they can be strict, there is a sense of awareness it is not a typical year. Do you have rings and insurance for them? Could you use that as proof if a shared asset? If he has an IRA, 401K or something maybe he can add you as beneficiary. That would help on that front. Even though the lease is not to both of your names, you have plenty of proof to show you both live together at that address. Could you ask the company/landlord to write a letter stating you live there but they couldn’t add your name because of the renewal clause? That would solve that issue.

No, my husband has no 401k or life insurance, I hope to be able to find a job to add that kind of proof and feel a little more confident. 

I know we're in the middle of a pandemic, but you never know who is going to take our case or even when the interview will take place. 

The idea to insure the rings is great! I can add that as well. The owners of the building are a huge company, the representative that was assigned to us was not very helpful. She said she couldn't do anything about the lease, because if I'm not a co-tenant I'm not sure they will help by doing a letter, calling back makes no harm. 

Thanks for the tips! I was running out of ideas. 

Also, I know that when a GC is approved has a 2 year condition, and then they give you another for 10 years, but...if I don't get interviewed before April 22th, 2021 I will already be living in NY for 2 years, hope this means they can approve a 10 year GC instead.

26 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

No, my husband has no 401k or life insurance, I hope to be able to find a job to add that kind of proof and feel a little more confident. 

I know we're in the middle of a pandemic, but you never know who is going to take our case or even when the interview will take place. 

The idea to insure the rings is great! I can add that as well. The owners of the building are a huge company, the representative that was assigned to us was not very helpful. She said she couldn't do anything about the lease, because if I'm not a co-tenant I'm not sure they will help by doing a letter, calling back makes no harm. 

Thanks for the tips! I was running out of ideas. 

Also, I know that when a GC is approved has a 2 year condition, and then they give you another for 10 years, but...if I don't get interviewed before April 22th, 2021 I will already be living in NY for 2 years, hope this means they can approve a 10 year GC instead.

No problem! If I come up with anything else, I will let you know.
IDK if it is from the time you arrive, the date of the marriage, or the actual AOS submission. But, whichever is correct, yes, you would get 10 year GC and not 2 year.

Edited by Fe.Ta
Na

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

1 hour ago, andreaam said:

@Fe.Ta my checklist for the interview was the letter that I letting me know the interview was scheduled. 
That letter tells you what you need to bring for the interview. And they only take what is on the list. The woman that handled my folder, started reading the letter and I had to hand her the documents. I remember I had made copies of emails between families and screenshots of videocalls and she didn’t take them. 
i hope it helps :)

Thank you!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I am just checking in on everyone. Trying to keep the thread alive for those that follow.

Any news or updates?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

Hey guys - I've been watching the thread and "liking" posts, but we seem to be the same boat as everyone else on "just waiting." We will start pulling documents together for my husband's EAD/AP renewal soon but his doesn't expire until May 2021. I know you can submit around the 6 months mark before expiration, so we will most likely send this off in December. Appreciate everyone's posts though and keeping up ❤️ 

Hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween! And even in limbo, really hope everyone is doing well!!

We got a text last night saying our renewal has been received and NOA1 is on its way.  We should get it in the mail in the next few days.  Hooray!

Delivered:  10/14/2020
Text: 11/03/2020

Case through the app says this was updated 5 days ago, so I guess the NOA1 was mailed 10/30/2020 but we have not received it yet.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Some other great news:  My husband is now working officially! Hooray!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
On 10/10/2020 at 9:49 PM, Fe.Ta said:

@Fer Schvarztman 

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization Renewal Cover Letter

[Your Name]

[Your Address]

United States Department of Homeland Security

Attn:  FBAS

131 South Dearborn St

3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

[Date]

Nature of Submission:  I-765 Application for Employment Authorization Renewal Submission

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find the Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization for renewal purposes and two passport-style photos for [Your Name] plus the following supporting documents:

·        Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-765 Renewal Application for Employment Authorization

·        Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization for Renewal

·        Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization/Advance Parole Combination Card (Front/Back)

·        Copy of mailer for previously approved Employment Authorization/Advance Parole Combination Card (Front/Back)

·        Copy of I-94

·        Copy of full passport with K1 Visa included

(We decided to do the full passport because the K1 visa needed to be included.  Plus, we wanted to show he hasn't travelled too much - showing his intention to make USA his home.)

·        Copy of certified copy of marriage certificate
         (We had one certified copy left so we kept it and only sent a copy of it (in color).  But, we plan on getting more certified copies from the court in case we get RFE.)

·        Copy of I-797C Notice of Action Receipt for filing I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Front/Back)

·        Copy of I-797C Notice of Action Receipt for filing Original I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (Front/Back)

·        Copy of I-797C Notice of Action Approval Notice of Original I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (Two Pages - Front/Back)

·        Two (2) Passport-style photos

·        State ID Card (Front/Back)

Copies of documents are exact photocopies and I understand that I may need to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later time.

Sincerely,

[Your Signature]
[Your Name]

If you are using UPS/FedEx/DHL, then use this address:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn St

3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

For USPS, then it is the Chicago Lockbox address.

We decided to go with UPS because we get the tracking and we requested a signature confirmation (that way you have a name attached to the delivery).

@Fe.Ta I have some doubts with the list of contents for the EAD renewal, hope you can help me out. 

When you added the Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-765 Renewal Application for Employment Authorization. 

I'm not sure if this is a form I need to download and fill out or should be a paper I must have in my records?, I think I don't have this one.

When you added the Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization/Advance Parole Combination Card (Front/Back) I assume is the EAD card itself of course, but what about the Copy of mailer for previously approved Employment Authorization/Advance Parole Combination Card (Front/Back)?

Is it the letter that came with the EAD card? Which document is this one? I think I'm confused.

17 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

@Fe.Ta I have some doubts with the list of contents for the EAD renewal, hope you can help me out. 

When you added the Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-765 Renewal Application for Employment Authorization. 

I'm not sure if this is a form I need to download and fill out or should be a paper I must have in my records?, I think I don't have this one.

When you added the Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization/Advance Parole Combination Card (Front/Back) I assume is the EAD card itself of course, but what about the Copy of mailer for previously approved Employment Authorization/Advance Parole Combination Card (Front/Back)?

Is it the letter that came with the EAD card? Which document is this one? I think I'm confused.

Sure!  NO problem!  The form is actually to sign up to get a text confirmation (supposedly faster) as you wait for the mailed NOA.  Here it is:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/g-1145.pdf

Yes, it is the EAD card itself.  The mailer is the 8.5 by 11 page (letter) on which the card came glued on, does that make sense?  That came in a priority mail wide envelope.  We included a copy of it.  I don't think is needed, though.

Let me know if you need me to send you a picture so you know what I am talking about.

Is there anything else you need from me?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fe.Ta said:

Sure!  NO problem!  The form is actually to sign up to get a text confirmation (supposedly faster) as you wait for the mailed NOA.  Here it is:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/g-1145.pdf

Yes, it is the EAD card itself.  The mailer is the 8.5 by 11 page (letter) on which the card came glued on, does that make sense?  That came in a priority mail wide envelope.  We included a copy of it.  I don't think is needed, though.

Let me know if you need me to send you a picture so you know what I am talking about.

Is there anything else you need from me?

Great! Thanks yeah it makes sense I also have the envelope. 

Thanks for the link as well and answering fast, I really appreciate it 😀 😊 👍 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.