andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everybody! Almost completed our folder for the interiew.

@Fe.Ta your interiew is so much closer than ours! how are you doing?

Question! The letter says: "a certified copy of your marriage document issued by the appropiate civil authority."

My mariage license has a stamp in the back that says "certified to be a true and correct copy of the original on file and of record in my office". Do I need to photocopy the one that I have to bring along with the original or do I need to ask (maybe the county?) for another certified copy to bring to the interview?

Thanks! 

On 11/29/2020 at 4:40 PM, Fla&Mark said:

Question! The letter says: "a certified copy of your marriage document issued by the appropiate civil authority."

My mariage license has a stamp in the back that says "certified to be a true and correct copy of the original on file and of record in my office". Do I need to photocopy the one that I have to bring along with the original or do I need to ask (maybe the county?) for another certified copy to bring to the interview?

Thanks! 

I know I have most of the things, I just need to finish organizing the "new" things that I will be taking.  To be honest, I am not going to stress myself over it.  My husband knows most of the dates and things they would ask.  Plus, we have someone to be on-call for translation, so we have prepared ourselves as much as we can.  We don't have utility bills because my parents live with us (I own the house because I inherited from them but the bills remain under their names while they are alive).  So, I am focusing on bringing the bank information that shows we did open an account together, our IRS taxes from 2019 that we filed jointly, my verification of employment letter, his employment letter, my stubs, all of our insurance cards (dental, medical, and vision), our rings insurance that shows both of us, snip from TMobile showing there is a second line to his name (even though the account is under my name), our Disney contract that we had for a year together for annual passes, and a new credit card we got together (we just got this so he can get more credit and be able to be added to more accounts in the future for the ROC) - which we will just copy the two cards showing they both go to the same account but with his name and mine, etc.  Then, the obvious wedding album, pictures from the last year, and cards we have written on special occasions.  We are also planning to have some of my coworkers, friends, and family members write letters of how they have seen our marriage develop and grow over the last year - after submission.

You can make a copy of what you have and bring the original if they want to see it.  IDK in your state, but mine allows you to go back to the court records and get additional certified copies throughout the years (i.e. if you need it again 20 years from now, they will issue one).  So, definitely search your state and see if this is possible.  If it is, get the extra copies now or just know that you can get extra - if USCIS keeps the original at the interview.

I hope that helps!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline

Thank you @Fe.Ta!! Yes, I checked and we can ask for "official" copies. It's just that with Covid the next appointment is on February and I tried to make it trough email and it´s just not fast enough. But as you said, if they keep the original, I can still request a new one, so no problem.

Same for us. We gather all the papers and of course we know our dates, our story, so we´re calm but very hopeful and excited to get this over with. Are you taking your old NOAs? I just got the passport, the K1, the tourist visa I had, i-94 and also SSN, EAD, AP and driver´s license. 

As evidence we gather same things as you did, and also our 401k showing each other as beneficiaries and our lease agreement. 

21 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Thank you @Fe.Ta!! Yes, I checked and we can ask for "official" copies. It's just that with Covid the next appointment is on February and I tried to make it trough email and it´s just not fast enough. But as you said, if they keep the original, I can still request a new one, so no problem.

Same for us. We gather all the papers and of course we know our dates, our story, so we´re calm but very hopeful and excited to get this over with. Are you taking your old NOAs? I just got the passport, the K1, the tourist visa I had, i-94 and also SSN, EAD, AP and driver´s license. 

As evidence we gather same things as you did, and also our 401k showing each other as beneficiaries and our lease agreement. 

Yeah, that should be fine for the license/certificate.

Yes, we want to get it over with already.  Haha We will be taking all USCIS communication because I’ve read in a couple of places that is best if you do.  Everything else you mentioned we will be bringing as well.  Just to be safe, I will also keep all K1 stuff in the car.  So, I am bringing everything we have ever submitted or gotten back since the beginning.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
On 11/29/2020 at 4:40 PM, Fla&Mark said:

Thanks! 

Hey! I had the same question about the certified copy of the marriage certificate. Here in NY it cost 60 dollars and it takes a while to get it. I didn’t do it because I didn’t have enough time. 
I only brought the original marriage certificate and with that was fine

@andreaam It says bring originals and copies of what was submitted for AOS.  Does that mean I have to bring a separate copy of the original affidavit of support on top of the originals? :/

@Fla&Mark What are you doing with what I asked above? 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

@Fe.Ta I don't have a copy of the Affidavit we sent in our original folder (I know.. we were so excited to file in that we didn't make copies of that one) but I'm bringing a new one just because I wanted to add my income in there as well. I don´t know if it's because I'm getting used to it but I found the new Affidavit of support much easier to fill in that the older version of it. 

As for originals in general, I prepared a folder with all the papers and copies and another envelope with all the originals just to bring in with us. 

Hope that helps! You guys are so close to your interview! Good luck and keep us posted! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

@andreaam It says bring originals and copies of what was submitted for AOS.  Does that mean I have to bring a separate copy of the original affidavit of support on top of the originals? 😕

@Fla&Mark What are you doing with what I asked above? 

I think this only applies for documents that are original and need to be copied if they need to keep it. This does not apply I think for the affidavit of support since it is already a copy. I hope you can understand what I am saying. 
I brought only one copy and they didn’t take all of it. The officer only asked for last tax return and past six months of pay stubs. 
we also brought original and copy of my birth certificate, marriage license and passport. The officer didn’t ask for copies since she already had them on file, she asked to see the originals and then gave them back. 

2 hours ago, andreaam said:

I think this only applies for documents that are original and need to be copied if they need to keep it. This does not apply I think for the affidavit of support since it is already a copy. I hope you can understand what I am saying. 
I brought only one copy and they didn’t take all of it. The officer only asked for last tax return and past six months of pay stubs. 
we also brought original and copy of my birth certificate, marriage license and passport. The officer didn’t ask for copies since she already had them on file, she asked to see the originals and then gave them back. 

Yes, it makes sense.  We have an exact copy of what we submitted for AOS (the entire packet, including pictures).  But, I was concerned that I needed to do something all over.  I do have things to add to the existing affidavit, so our 2019 tax returns, my newest verification letter, his (hopefully his employer gets on this), and six of my stubs, since he only started working a month ago - we don't have his.  I will be bringing copies still of everything insurance, the opening of our bank account, and a copy of the credit cards we share, and whatever else I stated above already.  I did scratch the personal cards, since an elder on VJ said that doesn't have enough weight (because those committing fraud can easily fake those).  I did make copies of our birth certificates (including the translation for his), IDs, passports, etc.  Plus, I will be bringing originals.  Could I be missing anything?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

3 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

@Fe.Ta I don't have a copy of the Affidavit we sent in our original folder (I know.. we were so excited to file in that we didn't make copies of that one) but I'm bringing a new one just because I wanted to add my income in there as well. I don´t know if it's because I'm getting used to it but I found the new Affidavit of support much easier to fill in that the older version of it. 

As for originals in general, I prepared a folder with all the papers and copies and another envelope with all the originals just to bring in with us. 

Hope that helps! You guys are so close to your interview! Good luck and keep us posted! 

Thanks!  We are so close, praying for approval! 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
13 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Yes, it makes sense.  We have an exact copy of what we submitted for AOS (the entire packet, including pictures).  But, I was concerned that I needed to do something all over.  I do have things to add to the existing affidavit, so our 2019 tax returns, my newest verification letter, his (hopefully his employer gets on this), and six of my stubs, since he only started working a month ago - we don't have his.  I will be bringing copies still of everything insurance, the opening of our bank account, and a copy of the credit cards we share, and whatever else I stated above already.  I did scratch the personal cards, since an elder on VJ said that doesn't have enough weight (because those committing fraud can easily fake those).  I did make copies of our birth certificates (including the translation for his), IDs, passports, etc.  Plus, I will be bringing originals.  Could I be missing anything?

We also added health insurance, life insurance and lease with both our names. 
Everything else looks great!

1 minute ago, andreaam said:

We also added health insurance, life insurance and lease with both our names. 
Everything else looks great!

I got the health insurance that shows we are both on it.  Also, I am the only one with life insurance but it shows he is the beneficiary, the same with 401k.

We don’t have a lease or utilities to our names because I inherited the house from my parents and we, as a family, decided to keep those under their names until they pass, since they live with us.  However, I have the transfer deed that shows they “gifted” the house to me and not that it was bought/sold.  I am ready to explain it if questioned.  So, we are feeling very confident.  God willing.

Thank you for your input!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

@Fe.Ta and @Fla&Mark

Been watching ya'lls posts but didn't want to add to the "chatter" since I know you've been bouncing everything back and forth and we are still in "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" status and can't really offer as much help.

However, WANTED TO WISH YOU BOTH ALL THE BEST ON YOUR INTERVIEWS!!! It looks like you both have a great handle on everything and truly am looking forward to hearing about your "Approved" status - I know it'll happen!!! Good luck and hope it all goes smooth!!! (but I'm confident ya'll don't need it!) ❤️ 🤞

@Fe.Ta @Fla&Mark

We are also still "Ready To Schedule Interview" status since April (and knowing NYC....will probably be stuck for a while lol 🙄) but yes, best of luck to you both! Keep us posted and happy holidays! 💗

Edited by andyazcu

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Thank you all for your well wishes.  We just loaded everything onto the car.  We will share tomorrow with more details.

Happy holidays to you all!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.