andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
22 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Any updates on the case at NVC?

How did it go? 

Actually we called and we were on the line for an hour but we got some information.

They gave us the BNS number, which is a good thing but our papers are still at the NVC. This means that they haven't sent it to the embassy yet, not sure why. They told us that they were still "processing" it. At this point they didn't direct us to do anything BUT I checked the case at the CEAC and the information there say things about paying fees and submitting info. I though that once the case was at the NVC they opened the case and sent it to the embassy. Does anybody have more info about this? 

@Fe.Ta how are things working for you?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Actually we called and we were on the line for an hour but we got some information.

They gave us the BNS number, which is a good thing but our papers are still at the NVC. This means that they haven't sent it to the embassy yet, not sure why. They told us that they were still "processing" it. At this point they didn't direct us to do anything BUT I checked the case at the CEAC and the information there say things about paying fees and submitting info. I though that once the case was at the NVC they opened the case and sent it to the embassy. Does anybody have more info about this? 

What you read in the CEAC website is just general info for everyone. You will see that when the package leaves NVC it will say ‘in transit’ and then when it arrived to the embassy ‘ready’.

Your case didn’t make it to the last batch they shipped, that’s why they didn’t send it. They shipped every two weeks on Tuesdays. I think the last one was last week. So let’s wish you make it to next Tuesday. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, andreaam said:

What you read in the CEAC website is just general info for everyone. You will see that when the package leaves NVC it will say ‘in transit’ and then when it arrived to the embassy ‘ready’.

Your case didn’t make it to the last batch they shipped, that’s why they didn’t send it. They shipped every two weeks on Tuesdays. I think the last one was last week. So let’s wish you make it to next Tuesday. 

Yes, I saw that you posted that the last one was May 14th so I'M HOPING we get in the next batch. 

I was nervous because I thought that maybe we were missing to fill something or pay something at the NVC and that was why we were not being assigned a case number (we didn't receive any note, we got the case number by phone) and our papers were still at the NVC.

Next Tuesday will be 6 weeks for us since we received our NOA2. Just letting everybody out there know to be prepared for the waiting. 

Thanks again for always replying over. 😅

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Yes, I saw that you posted that the last one was May 14th so I'M HOPING we get in the next batch. 

I was nervous because I thought that maybe we were missing to fill something or pay something at the NVC and that was why we were not being assigned a case number (we didn't receive any note, we got the case number by phone) and our papers were still at the NVC.

Next Tuesday will be 6 weeks for us since we received our NOA2. Just letting everybody out there know to be prepared for the waiting. 

Thanks again for always replying over. 😅

The waiting is so unknown! In all stages. My NOA2 took almost 5 months and then we got the NVC number and left in 2 weeks. And looking at your timeline, your NOA2 took 3 months and 6 weeks for NVC. So definitely this process is not typical in any case haha 😂 

3 hours ago, PirataCoqui said:

It will well, she spent all day there and got everything done, including results and package for her to take to the embassy. Although it was effective at getting us stressed out since she heard anecdotes from everyone waiting for so long to get their appointments, . She was required to get the tri-viral again even though she had it, it was unclear as to why. She made some comment about it not having the all 3, which I thought was weird since it wouldn't be called anti-viral otherwise but we agreed to get it all done to be ready and not have any worries. 

Roberto

Hmm, this is all over the place for all of us!  I guess it is just good to have this group. :) 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

3 hours ago, andreaam said:

It can happen to get stress when you hear others experience. Maybe those aren’t in this forum and don’t know how to procede after getting the NVC number. 

For me, it helped me a lot to read all the posts here and ask the embassy by email with any doubt I have. They are the ‘bosses’ and they have the answers. I emailed them maybe 20 times and they always answered with the answers I was expecting. 

I highly recommend you that if you have doubts or start freaking out on this process, ask in this group for advice or email the embassy. Every case is different and can have different solutions. 

I’m happy the medical exam went well! Keep being patient. Everything will be over soon. 

Is this P3 deliver? Or getting the case from NVc?

This is for the P3 to be delivered to my fiance so he can take it in person on Friday.  I gathered everything myself here and sent him the P3 so he can add just the copies of his passport and sign everything that needs the ink signature. :)  But, it says "on hold" right now.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

1 hour ago, Fla&Mark said:

Waiting on the P3 to be delivered to my fiance so he can take it in person.  Medical completed, hope things go well that front as well.  Prepping for my trip.  Thank you for asking!

Wile it is at the NVC, I would say just gather information that you know is needed for the P3, but don't make anything final.  It is always better to wait for the e-mail from the embassy to finalize all the paperwork (especially the forms).  But, you can start to gather information such as banks statements, pay stubs, etc.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

14 minutes ago, andreaam said:

@Fe.Ta I’m sorry I don’t know what on hold means. Keep us posted. Hopefully is just about to be deliver. 

I called DHL and the automated system said that it arrived at a DHL location and that it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow by the end of the day.  From my research elsewhere, one of the reasons for the "on hold" is that it missed today's delivery truck and is waiting for tomorrow's.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

The package arrived safe and sound by 13 HRS Argentina time.  Woohoo!  He is signing the missing signatures and will be dropping it off by 7-8AM tomorrow! :dance:

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

The package arrived safe and sound by 13 HRS Argentina time.  Woohoo!  He is signing the missing signatures and will be dropping it off by 7-8AM tomorrow! :dance:

Great news! 

My fiance delivered the P3 personally today at Ave Colombia.  FYI, the envelope cannot be sealed (unlike others have said).  Either way, we suggest you keep the envelope without sealing and seal it there if it is needed.  Or, like we did, seal it, and open it in front of the officer if they say it needs to be opened.  :)   My fiance took his DNI, passport, and embassy e-mail with P# just in case, but he did not need any of that.

We put this on the envelope:

Upper-left-hand corner:  Beneficiary's name and address

On the center:  U.S. Embassy

Consular Section - Immigrant Visa Unit

Avda. Colombia 4300

C14256MN Buenos Aires, Argentina

NVC Case:  ABC2019123456 **Using random numbers and letters as an example.**

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
3 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

My fiance delivered the P3 personally today at Ave Colombia.  FYI, the envelope cannot be sealed (unlike others have said).  Either way, we suggest you keep the envelope without sealing and seal it there if it is needed.  Or, like we did, seal it, and open it in front of the officer if they say it needs to be opened.  :)   My fiance took his DNI, passport, and embassy e-mail with P# just in case, but he did not need any of that.

We put this on the envelope:

Upper-left-hand corner:  Beneficiary's name and address

On the center:  U.S. Embassy

Consular Section - Immigrant Visa Unit

Avda. Colombia 4300

C14256MN Buenos Aires, Argentina

NVC Case:  ABC2019123456 **Using random numbers and letters as an example.**

Thanks, my fiance did the same yesterday. Status changed to Ready as of a few minutes ago... excited :)

1 minute ago, PirataCoqui said:

Thanks, my fiance did the same yesterday. Status changed to Ready as of a few minutes ago... excited :)

Good for you! :)  My fiance said there were a lot of people there today for interviews, etc.  So, it would explain why @ReyOfJakku and others are experiencing so many delays.  They are super busy!  My fiance did say that the officer was extremely nice, so we are hoping the interview goes smooth as well! :) 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Feliz viernes todos!

For the P3, is it 100% necessary to include petitioner documents (copies of birth certificate, passport, NOA1/NOA2, NVC email, etc.) or are those more like "extra evidence" just in case? We are thinking to bring hard copy petitioner documents to the interview instead. Will this be fine?

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.