andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

For you and all others, we just got the e-mail today. Will schedule pick up by Wednesday. Hooray!

Update:

The YATRI e-mail will generate this link https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-AR/niv/users/sign_in, which will automatically take you to the website for Non-Immigrant visas.  Then, when you try to add the details for the applicant, the K1 visa type is not listed and it asks you to email or contact them.  We did.  But, then I remembered, that within the website it IS treated as an immigrant visa.  So, go to this website instead https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-AR/niv/users/sign_in choose your country (Argentina), language, and then choose "Immigrant Visa" and use your existing login (the same one you used to schedule the interview at the embassy), which will then let you schedule a pick up.  We hope that helps!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Update:

The YATRI e-mail will generate this link https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-AR/niv/users/sign_in, which will automatically take you to the website for Non-Immigrant visas.  Then, when you try to add the details for the applicant, the K1 visa type is not listed and it asks you to email or contact them.  We did.  But, then I remembered, that within the website it IS treated as an immigrant visa.  So, go to this website instead https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-AR/niv/users/sign_in choose your country (Argentina), language, and then choose "Immigrant Visa" and use your existing login (the same one you used to schedule the interview at the embassy), which will then let you schedule a pick up.  We hope that helps!

Thanks so much, we  where  confused until we read this,  I had to book a Wednesday pickup, just to correct your post its:  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-AR/iv/users/sign_in

They didn't have anything sooner.  She will travel out Wednesday night :) !

Just now, PirataCoqui said:

Thanks so much, we  where  confused until we read this,  I had to book a Wednesday pickup, just to correct your post its:  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-AR/iv/users/sign_in

They didn't have anything sooner.  She will travel out Wednesday night :) !

Thank you for doing that. I had all intentions of updating it to the right one and totally pasted the same thing. 🙈😓 So glad it all worked out! Congrats! Glad to be of any help. Will try to keep up with AOS as well.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline

Hi everyone! I arrived yesterday to NYC after a crazy trip. I flew to Miami for my POE and there was a lot of people in costumes. I had to wait for 3 hours until it was my turn. Once I got to the officer booth he was nice and kind. Didn’t ask questions about us. Just about the flight, if I was happy and things like that. They took me to an office to process the envelope and that took 15 minutes and no interview. 

I almost lost my connection flight but I made it just in time (they were closing the gate when I arrive). And in addition to that my bags didn’t make it. 

My advice is if you can avoid Miami airport the better. Is really disorganized. After yesterday I read a lot of forums and lot of people went through the same. 

I’m not unhappy with how it went, I really don’t care right now because I’m with my fiancé finally but I would had preferred to be different and not be literally running through all the airport. 

I hope everything is fine for everyone. We will be requesting the marriage license this week and hopefully get married next week 😃

Timeline
16 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Hi everyone! I arrived yesterday to NYC after a crazy trip. I flew to Miami for my POE and there was a lot of people in costumes. I had to wait for 3 hours until it was my turn. Once I got to the officer booth he was nice and kind. Didn’t ask questions about us. Just about the flight, if I was happy and things like that. They took me to an office to process the envelope and that took 15 minutes and no interview. 

I almost lost my connection flight but I made it just in time (they were closing the gate when I arrive). And in addition to that my bags didn’t make it. 

My advice is if you can avoid Miami airport the better. Is really disorganized. After yesterday I read a lot of forums and lot of people went through the same. 

I’m not unhappy with how it went, I really don’t care right now because I’m with my fiancé finally but I would had preferred to be different and not be literally running through all the airport. 

I hope everything is fine for everyone. We will be requesting the marriage license this week and hopefully get married next week 😃

Congrats! Happy you made it in. My fiance will arrive via Atlanta, (she wanted to arrive via Miami since the airline she normally flies connects there) but I insisted on Atlanta since the flight times where better, and from my own experiences, Atlanta being the busiest airport in the world they seem to  have their act together ( I hope this applies for first POE as well). Thanks for sharing! 

Just now, PirataCoqui said:

Congrats! Happy you made it in. My fiance will arrive via Atlanta, (she wanted to arrive via Miami since the airline she normally flies connects there) but I insisted on Atlanta since the flight times where better, and from my own experiences, Atlanta being the busiest airport in the world they seem to  have their act together ( I hope this applies for first POE as well). Thanks for sharing! 

19 minutes ago, andreaam said:

As a frequent international travel, I have been through many immigration lines in multiple airports within the U.S. and other countries. To be quite honest, you never really know what to expect. The thing about immigration is that sometimes it has nothing to do with the organization of the airport. Instead, it could be the day, the season, etc. In other words, pure luck. The airport itself only has numbers about flights, travelers, and such that assist them in planning for personnel. But, even then, they have no way of accounting for what each traveler could represent as far as time in processing, etc. So, in general, I would also add advice in trying to make your connections longer (i.e 3 or more hours between arriving and departing flights to destination). Or you can always risk it and just hope for the best. If you do miss your connection flight, you will be on stanby and they can’t charge you plus you will have priority for the next flight. Stanby is not the best but, when you think about being on the last stretch to your fiance, it shouldn’t matter.

I honestly hate Miami, but it is the one closer to where we will be living. We will be flying together, so we just decided whatever. Haha Atlanta sometimes has issues of racism, bias, prejudice, which might not matter to a light-skinned Argentinian but it would for others. Again, you never know what you will get at any airport, it is just part of the traveling pain and immigration.

Btw, this is coming from the U.S. petitioner with an American passport.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

@andreaam Gracias por tu informacion como siempre. Felicitaciones! Nos podrias decir que documentos debemos tener a la mano en el POE? Asi los llevamos en las maletas de arriba. 

A cualquier otra persona que ya paso:

Si tienen mas informacion o preguntas que hacen durante el proceso de inmigracion por favor de compartir.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

23 hours ago, andreaam said:

Congrats and welcome to NYC!!! If you find yourself missing home at all (LOL), check out Jackson Heights/Elmhurst neighborhood in Queens, they have some great South American markets -- it's where I get hojaldrada dough, yerba, and sanguchito de miga :D

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

35 minutes ago, PirataCoqui said:

Visa in hand :), but they didn't return her birth certificate 

We got our visa in hand too! But, why did they keep the original birth certificate? How do you know it wasn’t returned?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fe.Ta said:

We got our visa in hand too! But, why did they keep the original birth certificate? How do you know it wasn’t returned?

During the interview, she forgot to bring it, she had to turn it in later that day at the window. They confirmed they received it, issue got issued with no delay in line with everyone else, but today when she went to pick-up the visa they didn't give it back. 

1 minute ago, PirataCoqui said:

During the interview, she forgot to bring it, she had to turn it in later that day at the window. They confirmed they received it, issue got issued with no delay in line with everyone else, but today when she went to pick-up the visa they didn't give it back. 

Oh, that’s too bad!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
4 hours ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

Congrats and welcome to NYC!!! If you find yourself missing home at all (LOL), check out Jackson Heights/Elmhurst neighborhood in Queens, they have some great South American markets -- it's where I get hojaldrada dough, yerba, and sanguchito de miga :D

Yes! In Corona there’s a Asado restaurant and a Bakery with Alfajores and facturas haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.