andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hello all!

So happy to see so many approvals! Good luck to all! Our interview is tomorrow. Do we have to take copies of the P1 and P3 just in case? Or can we just take the only any originals with us? Just to confirm, the Xrays are not needed at the interview. Correct? Any other tips or info we should know? We need a refresh. Please.

Your probably already there, but I told my fiance to just be honest, bring copies and originals of everything she had  and sincere, that seemed to work(mostly, she forgot her original acta naciemeinto, even though she had it she brought a copy) 

I didn't get to talk to her until late last night to debrief, but she overall she had good things to say. Even the person who had denied her tourist visa prior came by, which cased a bit of ohh no moment, but it seemed they where just doing their job. She said everyone was great and treated her well, she felt she was being welcomed into the USA as the treatment and process differed greatly from the tourist visa, got a few well wishes along the way too. 

FYI. 

They did place a lot of focus on seeing originals, they wanted to see my original divorce decree, W-2's,acta de nacimeinto, as well as  asked to see new evidence. They returned the photos I submitted during the 1-129 to her during the interview as well. Very well organized overall. 

Roberto 

2 hours ago, PirataCoqui said:

Your probably already there, but I told my fiance to just be honest, bring copies and originals of everything she had  and sincere, that seemed to work(mostly, she forgot her original acta naciemeinto, even though she had it she brought a copy) 

I didn't get to talk to her until late last night to debrief, but she overall she had good things to say. Even the person who had denied her tourist visa prior came by, which cased a bit of ohh no moment, but it seemed they where just doing their job. She said everyone was great and treated her well, she felt she was being welcomed into the USA as the treatment and process differed greatly from the tourist visa, got a few well wishes along the way too. 

FYI. 

They did place a lot of focus on seeing originals, they wanted to see my original divorce decree, W-2's,acta de nacimeinto, as well as  asked to see new evidence. They returned the photos I submitted during the 1-129 to her during the interview as well. Very well organized overall. 

Roberto 

Good to know! We are starting to prep for P3 now and will definitely make sure to include additional evidence (we have 2 additional trips together to show since our original petition). I'm gonna have my fiance bring originals of everything, even the plane tickets just to be safe 😅

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

We got approved! Details to come tonight! 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
On 5/15/2019 at 5:44 PM, Andrea + Gaston said:

Hola chicos, quick question:

The most current P3 instructions for the divorce decree say:

8. DIVORCE DECREE of Petitioner and/or applicant: Proof of the termination of any previous marriage must also be submitted. You must present the Divorce Decree issued by the Court and the Marriage entry with the marginal annotation issued by the Civil Registry.

This seems to have been updated recently. Does anyone know if we need to get the marriage certificate (acta de matrimonio) as well or will just the divorce decree be okay? 

BTW for us, all they asked for was the divorce degree but they DID WANT to see originals. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, PirataCoqui said:

Visa status changed to issued! :)

My fiance too!  The only thing that suprised him a little bit at the interview (after reading all of these forums and feeling mostly prepared) was that he was planning on speaking Spanish to feel less nervous but the person interviewing him asked if he spoke English and then directed all of the questions in English so my fiance answered in English.  His English is pretty good and they complimented him on it, so it wasn't really a problem, but I assumed they would have given him a choice to have the interview in English or Spanish.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Spraz said:

My fiance too!  The only thing that suprised him a little bit at the interview (after reading all of these forums and feeling mostly prepared) was that he was planning on speaking Spanish to feel less nervous but the person interviewing him asked if he spoke English and then directed all of the questions in English so my fiance answered in English.  His English is pretty good and they complimented him on it, so it wasn't really a problem, but I assumed they would have given him a choice to have the interview in English or Spanish.

My fiance was also asked if she spoke English( she said no) , so the interview was in Spanish. They did ask if I spoke Spanish, and I do, so I think it may matter if her answer to that question was no, because it will be questionable on how we can have a relationship and communicate. 

Timeline

Hola, hice mi entrevista el jueves 6 de junio y ayer ya quedé issued. Ahora tenemos que esperar que llegue. Ustedes saben cuánto tardan en enviarlo? El consul me dijo que en 7 días llegaría. 

Edited by Biafer

De todos los aprobados que estan en “Issued” como nosotros, alguno ya recibio el e-mail con el numero de tracking?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

17 minutes ago, Biafer said:

Hola, hice mi entrevista el jueves 6 de junio y ayer ya quedé issued. Ahora tenemos que esperar que llegue. Ustedes saben cuánto tardan en enviarlo? El consul me dijo que en 7 días llegaría. 

A nosotros nos dijeron lo mismo.

9 hours ago, PirataCoqui said:

My fiance was also asked if she spoke English( she said no) , so the interview was in Spanish. They did ask if I spoke Spanish, and I do, so I think it may matter if her answer to that question was no, because it will be questionable on how we can have a relationship and communicate. 

I know from other posts that you can politely ask to be switched over to the language you feel comfortable with or whatever. 

Edited by Fe.Ta
na

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

20 hours ago, PirataCoqui said:

Visa status changed to issued! :)

Ours too! 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

Hello everyone! Congrats on being approved! You are one step closer!

Personally, I received the email with the tracking number 2 bussiness days later the day of the interview. I had the interview on a Thursday and I received the tracking on a Monday. 

Aqui estan los detalles:

Llegamos a la embajada y nos presentamos a un guardia que estaba cerca de la ventana de los U.S. Citizens ya que yo (Petitioner) estaba ahi. Me dijeron que fuera con el chico que estaba moviendo la fila y le dijera que eramos Visa No Inmigrante K1. El chico nos paso a la ventana por encima de la fila y nos entregaron una carpeta verde con un papel que decia que ibamos directo a la ventana 4 y 5. Luego nos pasaron de una por seguridad. No deben tener celulares ni cosas electronicas, metales, etc. Yo tenia una cartera solo con el monedero y cosas personales y aretes puestos. Pase sin problema. Mi comprometido evito ponerse correa por si ponian problema. Luego vas a la ventana 4 y como te ven con la carpeta de una te pasan por el lado de la fila y ahi te hacen las huellas digitales. Despues vas a la 5 y tambien nos fuimos directo al policia y le dijimos lo de Visa No Inmigrante K1 y nos paso a recepcion sin hacer fila. Ahi ya sabian quienes eramos y nos dijeron de ir al otro extremo del cuarto donde estan las sillas. Mientras esperabamos pusimos los originales que pedian. No teniamos mucho ya que muchas cosas eran digitales originales en nuestro P3. Pusimos su pasaporte, dos fotos de pasaporte, el RNR, DS160 y el acta de nacimiento. Te piden cosas como w2 y eso originales, pero las mias los originales son los mismos del P3 asi que no pusimos nada de eso. Llaman a una ventana donde entregas la carpeta con lo que piden y necesitas entregar o pruebas extras que quieras. Si te falta algo te dicen y puedes darselo. Al final llamaron a mi comprometido y entro a un cuarto donde esta el oficial con otra ventanita pero estan ambos sentados.

Recuerden que en nuestro caso la mujer es la U.S. Petitioner y el hombre es el beneficiario.

Le preguntaron:

Cual es el nombre de tu comprometida?

Cuantas veces se vieron en persona?

Alguna vez has cometido un crimen?

Que si tu comprometida es americana nativa (nacida)?

Que si tu comprometida es hispanohablante?

Como te vas a ganar la vida en EEUU?

A que te dedicas?

Y si eres desemplead@ te preguntan como para saber que has hecho ese tiempo y cual fue tu ultimo trabajo?

Le dijeron que estaba aprobado y que la visa le llegaba en unos 7 dias laborales. Le entregaron la mayoria o mejor dicho el P3 casi todo con sus derechos en USA.

El oficial fue muy cordial y cero hostil. Todos fueron muy buenos y cordiales. La espera fue bastante porque ese dia habian varias visas de todo (familia, comprometidos y trabajo). Llegamos a las 10:05 y estuvimos ahi hasta casi las 12:30-13:00. La entrevista duro como 10 minutos o menos. El salio tan rapido que pense que lo negaron o que salio a pedir mas papeles y evidencia. Solo llevamos originales, nada del P1 o P3 pero si los tenia conmigo en Argentina por si habia problema con algo.

Espero que esto les sirva de ayuda a muchos.

Edited by Fe.Ta
Na

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
5 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

De todos los aprobados que estan en “Issued” como nosotros, alguno ya recibio el e-mail con el numero de tracking?

Nada todavia de parte de nosotros.

Nos gustaria porder sacer un vuelvo para el miercoles(ella va visitor su familia primero en Colombia ya que no sabemos cuando puede viajar otra vez)
))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.