andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Guys, I don't have my NVC number (yet!) but I'm already working on my DS-160 form in advance.

My only question is: in the passport information sheet, you have a Passport/Travel document type. Would that be regular or official? No clue what's the difference between one another. 

PS: Is it convenient to submit the DS-160 if we didn't receive the NVC number yet?

Thanks ! :D

9 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Guys, I don't have my NVC number (yet!) but I'm already working on my DS-160 form in advance.

My only question is: in the passport information sheet, you have a Passport/Travel document type. Would that be regular or official? No clue what's the difference between one another. 

PS: Is it convenient to submit the DS-160 if we didn't receive the NVC number yet?

Thanks ! :D

If you are talking about an Argentine passport (for a regular citizen), it should be regular.  Official passports in Argentina are those with the green cover, which are normally assigned to government employees:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_passport

Other types of passport[edit]

The Argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs also issues diplomatic passports (blue-covered) to Argentine diplomats acreditad overseas and their eligible dependants, and to citizens who reside in Argentina and travel abroad for diplomatic work. The Ministry also issues official passports (green-covered) to Government employees assigned overseas, either permanently or temporarily, and their eligible dependents, and to members of Congress who travel abroad on official business.

Under special circumstances, if a woman is stateless but married to an Argentine citizen, the Federal Police will issue a Pasaporte de Esposa de Argentino(Argentine wife's passport) in order to leave the country. The same applies for persons under the age of 18 who were adopted by Argentine parents.

You CAN be working on it, but you SHOULD not submit anything or make anything official until you receive the P3 from the embassy in Argentina.  Keep in mind that active DS160s are only saved for 30 days (if you are only saving it and not submitting it).

Hope that helps! :) 

Edited by Fe.Ta
N/A

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

If you are talking about an Argentinian passport (for a regular citizen), it should be regular.  Official passports in Argentina are those with the green cover, which are normally assigned to government employees:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_passport

Other types of passport[edit]

The Argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs also issues diplomatic passports (blue-covered) to Argentine diplomats acreditad overseas and their eligible dependants, and to citizens who reside in Argentina and travel abroad for diplomatic work. The Ministry also issues official passports (green-covered) to Government employees assigned overseas, either permanently or temporarily, and their eligible dependents, and to members of Congress who travel abroad on official business.

Under special circumstances, if a woman is stateless but married to an Argentine citizen, the Federal Police will issue a Pasaporte de Esposa de Argentino(Argentine wife's passport) in order to leave the country. The same applies for persons under the age of 18 who were adopted by Argentine parents.

You CAN be working on it, but you SHOULD not submit anything or make anything official until you receive the P3 from the embassy in Argentina.  Keep in mind that active DS160s are only saved for 30 days (if you are only saving it and not submitting it).

Hope that helps! :) 

Thank you VERY much! I was getting ahead of myself. 

2 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Thank you VERY much! I was getting ahead of myself. 

Sure thing!  No problem!! Been there, done that.  But, others helped me to chill for a bit. :)  Maybe work on the other things such as gathering the ongoing relationship evidence, etc. ;) 

Even now, I am working on P3 and I want to get things done (to the point I would do the medical on my fiance myself, HA!).  But, learning to take it one step at a time. :)

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Sure thing!  No problem!! Been there, done that.  But, others helped me to chill for a bit. :)  Maybe work on the other things such as gathering the ongoing relationship evidence, etc. ;) 

Even now, I am working on P3 and I want to get things done (to the point I would do the medical on my fiance myself, HA!).  But, learning to take it one step at a time. :)

Exactly.

I have a reminder with the word: "PATIENCE" on my wall. Seems is not working that well... haha. 

I will keep on working on the other things such as pictures and support evidence. Thank you very much for your time and your kind words :) 

Good luck and keep up the hard work! we're close! 💪

2 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Exactly.

I have a reminder with the word: "PATIENCE" on my wall. Seems is not working that well... haha. 

I will keep on working on the other things such as pictures and support evidence. Thank you very much for your time and your kind words :) 

Good luck and keep up the hard work! we're close! 💪

AMEN! :) Likewise.  I am glad I can help.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

So, my fiance tried to get the police certificate today.  They told them the express service was out of service because of "el paro".  -.-  They said that he could print the express forms from the website to fill them out and come by tomorrow without an appointment.  But, when we tried to use the express service online it is red and it won't let us get to the forms.  Now what?  The next appointment is not until May 29th and there is a "paro" scheduled for then.  Can we get the forms a different way?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

So, my fiance tried to get the police certificate today.  They told them the express service was out of service because of "el paro".  -.-  They said that he could print the express forms from the website to fill them out and come by tomorrow without an appointment.  But, when we tried to use the express service online it is red and it won't let us get to the forms.  Now what?  The next appointment is not until May 29th and there is a "paro" scheduled for then.  Can we get the forms a different way?

When I was trying to do it online, I had the red too and in RNR told me that was because the system didn’t have my finger prints. You should call RNR and ask your case personally. Because you were in the middle of a shutdown they can give you a early appointment or something special. 

Let us know what they say. 

Sorry for not having more information. 

27 minutes ago, andreaam said:

When I was trying to do it online, I had the red too and in RNR told me that was because the system didn’t have my finger prints. You should call RNR and ask your case personally. Because you were in the middle of a shutdown they can give you a early appointment or something special. 

Let us know what they say. 

Sorry for not having more information. 

Update:  We chose to use the C.A.B.A. in Tucuman and use the express there.  We printed everything so he is going to try it tomorrow.  *Fingers Crossed*

Now, other issue, we accidentally crossed his dad's names in the DS-160, which was submitted already.  Could this be an issue in P3 or can we update it at the embassy?  Man, so many weird things happening!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

@Fe.Ta @Fla&Mark Us too, we're still waiting for NOA2 (should be soon with current trends fingers crossed), and are starting to gather P3 documents ahead of time so I feel your pain!!! Helpful to know we're not alone in this never-ending patience struggle 😂

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

Update:  We chose to use the C.A.B.A. in Tucuman and use the express there.  We printed everything so he is going to try it tomorrow.  *Fingers Crossed*

Now, other issue, we accidentally crossed his dad's names in the DS-160, which was submitted already.  Could this be an issue in P3 or can we update it at the embassy?  Man, so many weird things happening!

Good! Hopefully he is going to get it done tomorrow! I heard the one in C.A.B.A is really quick. 

You should submit a new DS 160 to avoid problems. Since he is not going to the CAS for his biometrics he can’t change it (CAS is able to correct mistakes before the Embassy Interview). 

If you booked the interview date already, you should email the embassy and ask specifically. Is better to ask the ‘boss’ and be sure. 

Edited by andreaam

8 minutes ago, andreaam said:

You should submit a new DS 160 to avoid problems. Since he is not going to the CAS for his biometrics he can’t change it (CAS is able to correct mistakes before the Embassy Interview). 

If you booked the interview date already, you should email the embassy and ask specifically. Is better to ask the ‘boss’ and be sure. 

This is so horrible!  It is als wrong in the IF129.  @Greenbaum  My fiance and I just realized that his father's name is flipped all over the place, so everything says "Ricardo Ruben" from P1 through DS160 instead of "Ruben Ricardo".  Should I leave it and do it at the interview?  I already emailed the embassy to ask but I don't know whether they would understand, since everything has the wrong name. :( 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

1 minute ago, Fe.Ta said:

This is so horrible!  It is als wrong in the IF129.  @Greenbaum  My fiance and I just realized that his father's name is flipped all over the place, so everything says "Ricardo Ruben" from P1 through DS160 instead of "Ruben Ricardo".  Should I leave it and do it at the interview?  I already emailed the embassy to ask but I don't know whether they would understand, since everything has the wrong name. :( 

You can redo the DS-160 and bring only the correct copy to the interview.  BTW the world is not going to end because of this. Its not a denialable offense.  If anything else needs updating do it at the interview. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 minutes ago, SamC85 said:

Hi, My case is in transit, and my medical appointment is in May 28th.....should I complete DS160 and choose an interview date? I’ve been told that I hace to wait until it says ready to set up the interview date

Yes, you should wait until you receive the P3 instructions from the embassy before submitting the DS160 and scheduling the interview.  You CAN start working on the DS160, but keep in mind it only saves it for about 30 days and you can't submit it yet. :) 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.