andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

For those of you that were waiting on my status and possible interview dates:

We completed the DS-160 today and scheduled the interview for June 6th at 10:30AM.  It was the only date available.  None for June or July available.  It might be a crunch, we don't even know if we can get the police certificate on time, but we thought it was worth holding the spot and then re-checking until we find one that is more comfortable (or we might get lucky and have everything).  We are planning on emailing the embassy today to let them know that the 6th might be tight because the police certificate appointment is not until May 24th, a day after the date we are supposed to have the P3 at the embassy.  So, we will keep you posted.

For the DS-160, be aware that having the worksheet pre-filled and using it for the actual form is better.  The website "kicks you out" after a few minutes and asks you to re-enter a captcha.  You don't lose the information, but it can be annoying.  We were using our worksheet and it still did it, so I can't imagine what it would be like if we didn't have the worksheet.  Now, pay attention to the questions you are filling out.  There is a question about vaccinations in the middle of all the other criminal questions, which needs to be answered as "YES" in the middle of all the "NO"s.  Just FYI.

For the registration and appointment, I don't know if this makes a difference.  But, when we went to the website for registering my fiance to schedule the appointment we did it in Spanish in case this affects how they assume to address the interview.  Again, from previous posts, we know you can politely ask them to switch languages, but we figured might as well help it along the way. :)

Also, FYI, Dra. Grillo's phone number on the latest P3 is wrong, my fiance wrote the number and it was someone else.  So, we emailed her.  If anyone has the correct number, please let us know.  Thanks!

We will be posting this in the other thread as well.

Thanks!

Fe.Ta

Edited by Fe.Ta
Adding Information

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

@Fe.Ta I got my police certificate in 24hs. Maybe you can call RNR and ask how long it will take or if you can pay a little bit more to have it before. 

Don’t worry if the police certificate is missing on the P3. You can take it with you to the Interview and it will be fine. There was a guy from Tucuman in the interview with me and he was missing that. He gave it to the consul in the interview and he was approved. 

2 minutes ago, andreaam said:

@Fe.Ta I got my police certificate in 24hs. Maybe you can call RNR and ask how long it will take or if you can pay a little bit more to have it before. 

Don’t worry if the police certificate is missing on the P3. You can take it with you to the Interview and it will be fine. There was a guy from Tucuman in the interview with me and he was missing that. He gave it to the consul in the interview and he was approved. 

Thank you for your input.  Yes, I know it can be done within 24 hours or even 6 hours if you pay extra.  But, they did not have appointments available at the RNR until May 24th, so that was our concern.  But, I am glad we do not need to have it so we can just move forward.  Do you know if RNR accepts walk-ins?  Online it said "not available" but it showed as if you could.  Does it have to be at a particular place near where you live (i.e. Lomas de Zamora) or could you do it in another one (i.e. Capital)?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thank you for your input.  Yes, I know it can be done within 24 hours or even 6 hours if you pay extra.  But, they did not have appointments available at the RNR until May 24th, so that was our concern.  But, I am glad we do not need to have it so we can just move forward.  Do you know if RNR accepts walk-ins?  Online it said "not available" but it showed as if you could.  Does it have to be at a particular place near where you live (i.e. Lomas de Zamora) or could you do it in another one (i.e. Capital)?

It can be done in anywere yoy want. The important thing is that it has to be a RNR and not a police station. 

There are two places it can be done in Córdoba and one had more waiting than the other one. Maybe you can check in another one for available dates

@andreaam My fiance is having his appointment with Dra. Grillo tomorrow.  She indicated that he needs the case number, but when we asked her if he needed an official documentation or just the number, she never acknowledged the question.  Can he take the number just written down or does he need to print the NVC e-mail with the case number?  Besides the addresses in Argentina and USA, the identification, the passport photographs, and his official vaccine records from when he was born, what else does he need to take to the appointment?  Please let us know.  Thank you!

Edited by Fe.Ta
N/A

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

So, I am unable to get the letters from the bank indicating the total I currently have, the deposits throughout the year, etc. on time to include them in the P3.  If I have other documentation, do you think I can just bring them to the interview, but still submit the P3 without them?  Thoughts? @andreaam I am so sorry for all the questions. :( 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

So, I am unable to get the letters from the bank indicating the total I currently have, the deposits throughout the year, etc. on time to include them in the P3.  If I have other documentation, do you think I can just bring them to the interview, but still submit the P3 without them?  Thoughts? @andreaam I am so sorry for all the questions. :(

If you are missing some information on the P3, you can bring it to the interview without problem. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ecstaticrobot said:

29So for packet 3 how much "evidence of relationship" do I send. Should I send the entire proof originally included in the I-129F packet plus more recent proof as well? 

You should send proof between the day of NOA1 and now. Or maybe photos you forgot to send before,

You don´t need to print again every proof you sent on I-129F packet because they have that already.

If we are doing the police certificate by physically going to the RNR, besides the DNI and passport, does he need to take anything else?  I didn't see any further instructions in the P3 or posts.  Thanks!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

If we are doing the police certificate by physically going to the RNR, besides the DNI and passport, does he need to take anything else?  I didn't see any further instructions in the P3 or posts.  Thanks!

DNI or passport copy and the confirmation for the appointment. At least that was what I took

Hola chicos, quick question:

The most current P3 instructions for the divorce decree say:

8. DIVORCE DECREE of Petitioner and/or applicant: Proof of the termination of any previous marriage must also be submitted. You must present the Divorce Decree issued by the Court and the Marriage entry with the marginal annotation issued by the Civil Registry.

This seems to have been updated recently. Does anyone know if we need to get the marriage certificate (acta de matrimonio) as well or will just the divorce decree be okay? 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

4 minutes ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

8. DIVORCE DECREE of Petitioner and/or applicant: Proof of the termination of any previous marriage must also be submitted. You must present the Divorce Decree issued by the Court and the Marriage entry with the marginal annotation issued by the Civil Registry.

This seems to have been updated recently. Does anyone know if we need to get the marriage certificate (acta de matrimonio) as well or will just the divorce decree be okay? 

I don't know about the divorce decree, since we do not have that situation.  But, the way it reads it seems that you do need both.  Essentially, it seems they want to see the acknowledgement that the original "Acta de Matrimonio" was notated confirming the end of the original marriage and the decree itself is the granting of the divorce.  Does that make sense?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

I agree with @Fe.Ta  it seems you need both to proof you were married and now you are divorce. 

It is a new requirement. I checked my instructions packet and it doesn’t say what you copy and paste for us. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.