andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey everyone.. still waiting on the NVC number. I was hoping we were in this week package but we didn't hear anything from them :(

Still, we're working on Form I-134. My question is: we are not going to reach out to any sponsor or interpreter so we will fill all of those questions with NA.

I don't see any space for my fiance's signature. Does it have to be signed by him? (petitioner). Does it have to be sign with ink or can he sign it and scan it and send it to me to print it out?

Thanks in advance! 

2 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Hey everyone.. still waiting on the NVC number. I was hoping we were in this week package but we didn't hear anything from them :(

Still, we're working on Form I-134. My question is: we are not going to reach out to any sponsor or interpreter so we will fill all of those questions with NA.

I don't see any space for my fiance's signature. Does it have to be signed by him? (petitioner). Does it have to be sign with ink or can he sign it and scan it and send it to me to print it out?

Thanks in advance! 

Hang in there! Patience is thin for me as well, but it will come. The i-134 form does need to be signed by him because he is the petitioner and he is the one showing that he has the means to support you indefinitely after you come to the U.S. To be safe, it is always better to have it signed in ink. I know it can be expensive to ship from U.S. to Argentina, but it is better to have a real signature.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hang in there! Patience is thin for me as well, but it will come. The i-134 form does need to be signed by him because he is the petitioner and he is the one showing that he has the means to support you indefinitely after you come to the U.S. To be safe, it is always better to have it signed in ink. I know it can be expensive to ship from U.S. to Argentina, but it is better to have a real signature.

Ok, perfect! I wanted to know about your experiences.

As for our NVC number, we're sending out an email to the NVC asking about our case since 30 days already went by. Is there anybody else that sent out the papers by the end of January and it's in our same situation? 

As for you @Fe.Ta, keep up the hard work! You are so so close. And try not to fill your head with too many thoughts. If you ever need to talk, we're over here cheering for each of you guys! 

1 minute ago, Fla&Mark said:

Ok, perfect! I wanted to know about your experiences.

As for our NVC number, we're sending out an email to the NVC asking about our case since 30 days already went by. Is there anybody else that sent out the papers by the end of January and it's in our same situation? 

As for you @Fe.Ta, keep up the hard work! You are so so close. And try not to fill your head with too many thoughts. If you ever need to talk, we're over here cheering for each of you guys! 

Yes, keep emailing them. In my experience, they never could find our case and it was because I was adding a different number in the middle and I did not notice until I went to do our DS160. Oops! Have you tried calling them? I was always calling them because you seem to get a quicker response than e-mail. Unfortunately for us, again, I was giving them the wrong number. Haha

I would have your fiance call every day if he can. To see if you get a response or more info.

Thank you! We are here to support you as well.

My fiance and I will try to keep you all posted as much as we can so you guys have information.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline

@Fla&Mark calling is the better way to get an answer. They put you on hold for sometimes more than 30 minutes but they give you good answers when they pick up. 

Keep being patient. Once you have the case number everything will move by really fast!

Timeline

Thank you all for your responses!

Any other thoughts about the The i-134 ? we're going for a real signature. Have him signed and sent to me. 

Other thing that I was wondering, do you have to present a sponsor? so far we don't have any. We're just confident that our papers and my boyfriend's job will be enough. Thoughts?

I'm sorry I'm making that much questions. It's one of those days.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

Thank you all for your responses!

Any other thoughts about the The i-134 ? we're going for a real signature. Have him signed and sent to me. 

Other thing that I was wondering, do you have to present a sponsor? so far we don't have any. We're just confident that our papers and my boyfriend's job will be enough. Thoughts?

I'm sorry I'm making that much questions. It's one of those days.

You only need an sponsor if your fiancé doesn’t have a salary of 125% over the poverty line. You can check the limits in the USCIS site. 

My fiancé signed the I-134 form on page 5 I think. Wet signature. I don’t remember exactly because I don’t have a copy with me but I know he signed it. 

@Fla&Mark Use the information @andreaam shared from USCIS. Then, you can use this calculator to confirm your fiance is 125% above the poverty line. You do not need to be a RapidVisa user to use it.

Go to www.rapidvisa.com and choose “Fiance Visa”, “More”, “Tools”, and then “Income Requirement Calculator”.

If not, based on the USCIS, you can do your own calculation. For example, my current household will be 4 with my fiance (both of my parents live with me and I partially support them). So, to be above the poverty line ($25,000 - rounding down for sake of easiness) 125%, I would need to prove I earn at least $31,250. Again, these are not exact numbers. But, to give you an idea. To prove this, I used pay stubs, IRS transcripts, investments, bank statements, etc. In my case, to show I do not pay mortgage or rent, I also included the deed of the house.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

My fiancé is at her appointment this morning with Dr. Grillo,  if any of you is there feel free to say hello! She ,mentioned there two other ladies their with her, she is the one sitting alone but doesn't know how to start the conversation :), so here I am trying help her out. Her name is Gissell

On 5/20/2019 at 11:55 AM, Fla&Mark said:

Thank you so much guys. You don't imagine how much you're helping us through this. 

Have a good week everybody! 

Any updates on the case at NVC?

12 hours ago, PirataCoqui said:

My fiancé is at her appointment this morning with Dr. Grillo,  if any of you is there feel free to say hello! She ,mentioned there two other ladies their with her, she is the one sitting alone but doesn't know how to start the conversation :), so here I am trying help her out. Her name is Gissell

How did it go? 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

DHL shipment “on hold”? What does that mean? 😩

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
20 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Any updates on the case at NVC?

How did it go? 

It will well, she spent all day there and got everything done, including results and package for her to take to the embassy. Although it was effective at getting us stressed out since she heard anecdotes from everyone waiting for so long to get their appointments, . She was required to get the tri-viral again even though she had it, it was unclear as to why. She made some comment about it not having the all 3, which I thought was weird since it wouldn't be called anti-viral otherwise but we agreed to get it all done to be ready and not have any worries. 

Roberto

Timeline
13 minutes ago, PirataCoqui said:

It will well, she spent all day there and got everything done, including results and package for her to take to the embassy. Although it was effective at getting us stressed out since she heard anecdotes from everyone waiting for so long to get their appointments, . She was required to get the tri-viral again even though she had it, it was unclear as to why. She made some comment about it not having the all 3, which I thought was weird since it wouldn't be called anti-viral otherwise but we agreed to get it all done to be ready and not have any worries. 

Roberto

It can happen to get stress when you hear others experience. Maybe those aren’t in this forum and don’t know how to procede after getting the NVC number. 

For me, it helped me a lot to read all the posts here and ask the embassy by email with any doubt I have. They are the ‘bosses’ and they have the answers. I emailed them maybe 20 times and they always answered with the answers I was expecting. 

I highly recommend you that if you have doubts or start freaking out on this process, ask in this group for advice or email the embassy. Every case is different and can have different solutions. 

I’m happy the medical exam went well! Keep being patient. Everything will be over soon. 

2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

DHL shipment “on hold”? What does that mean? 😩

Is this P3 deliver? Or getting the case from NVc?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.