andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 2/19/2021 at 2:04 PM, Rachita said:

Hoy mi esposo fue a ver al Dr Kelly, me dijo que es muy buena onda y que desde el 1980 trabaja con la Embajada 🤯

Pensaba avisarles lo que me dijo, porque hay algunas instrucciones desactualizadas en el sitio de la embajada. 
1- No hay que llevar fotos impresas, el mismo doctor te saca foto en el momento.

2- Hace el examen físico en esa misma consulta. No volves a verlo, porque los resultados del laboratorio, etc son enviados a él por mail.

3- Al no volverlo a ver, no se te entrega un sobre/paquete con los estudios. Está todo digitalizado ya.

Nosotros al no saberlo, estuvimos corriendo justo antes buscando donde sacar las fotos jaja

Gracias por la data. Por lo que veo esto es para la CR1 visa. Para la K1 todavía siguen entregando el paquete físico

Timeline

Hello! I'm going to try to fill out the I-134 Affidavit of Support. I have to send "A signed statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution that states when you opened an account, the total amount deposited for the past year, and the present balance of such account" How am I supposed to get that from my bank?

Timeline
11 hours ago, mbalsamo said:

Hello! I'm going to try to fill out the I-134 Affidavit of Support. I have to send "A signed statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution that states when you opened an account, the total amount deposited for the past year, and the present balance of such account" How am I supposed to get that from my bank?

My husband has Bank of America. He went online and printed the last six statements 

Timeline
2 hours ago, mbalsamo said:

Okay so it does not need to be signed?

We didn’t sign them - on top of every page it was my husband’s name, address and four last digits of the account

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello everyone! K1 interviews are still not being held at the embassy, right? 

I wanted to know because I still haven't even received the package or anything else, just the email saying I could schedule the interview.

Edited by mbalsamo

Timeline

I had my interview early February and know many other people that had been waiting since last year that had theirs as well. You will not receive any physical package, just an email saying embassy is ready to receive you with instructions on how to apply for the K1 visa, schedule the interview and how to put together the package which you then present at embassy.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:19 AM, mbalsamo said:

Hello everyone! K1 interviews are still not being held at the embassy, right? 

I wanted to know because I still haven't even received the package or anything else, just the email saying I could schedule the interview.

They closed by March 2020 and started with interviews again by middle december that year. My interview was on dec 30. my feeling was that they would resume activities and I dont think interviews have been suspended ever since. Not sure what will happen now with covid cases raising again in Argentina, lets hope for the best.

Like the other user says, we didnt receive any physical package. Just an email. There is an attached file with instructions and the list of things you need to gather. Once you do that you go to the site and schedule the interview.

Edited by Ana A

Timeline
14 hours ago, Ana A said:

They closed by March 2020 and started with interviews again by middle december that year. My interview was on dec 30. my feeling was that they would resume activities and I dont think interviews have been suspended ever since. Not sure what will happen now with covid cases raising again in Argentina, lets hope for the best.

Like the other user says, we didnt receive any physical package. Just an email. There is an attached file with instructions and the list of things you need to gather. Once you do that you go to the site and schedule the interview.

Thanks for all the input!

Even before covid, the instructions packet was sent on an email. They also sent the hardcopy of it but it took months to arrive. I got it when I was already in the US. 
Best option is to keep reaching out through email. You may think you are bothering but just want more information in how to proceed @mbalsamo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/11/2021 at 6:46 PM, P & E said:

buenosaires-IV@state.gov try that email

Thanks. I ended up scheduling it via phone in the end because last time we emailed they didn't respond. 

Could anyone please tell me how much money I need to have for the doctor's appointment + the exams? I emailed Doctor Kelly twice but the secretary keeps talking about the appointment itself without ever answering that, and I really need to know. 

Thank you. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm finally having my appointment on the 18th, thank god. But I've seen people say that I need to drop off my Packet 3 beforehand, and then some others that I have to schedule my biometrics appointment? I don't see anything like that in my instructions or even in my visa account. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.