andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

Just now, SamC85 said:

How many days does it usually take for the case to go from “in transit” up to “ready”? 

Mine took a few days and I got the P3 instructions in about a week from the actual delivery (the one confirmed through DHL tracking).  But, it can take up to 3 weeks, it depends.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

3 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Mine took a few days and I got the P3 instructions in about a week from the actual delivery (the one confirmed through DHL tracking).  But, it can take up to 3 weeks, it depends.

How can you see the DHL tracking? I just saw the CEAC website changed from “at the nvc” to “in transit” 2 days ago but nothing more....

28 minutes ago, SamC85 said:

How can you see the DHL tracking? I just saw the CEAC website changed from “at the nvc” to “in transit” 2 days ago but nothing more....

Thanks to Greenbaum (giving him credit for this helpful information), please follow the steps below:

Tracking your case file that's in transit to your Embassy. Go to www.dhl.com click Express then Tracking, then Track by Shipper's Reference, and on this page you add your search information. You change the day and month to what you think your package might have left NVC or call NVC to get the date your package had left NVC in route to your Embassy then go to the DHL website and enter the following information:

NOTE: It will take 24 hours before the shipment will show any results using this hack. DHL and NVC will need time to update their systems.

EXAMPLE:

* Shipper´s Reference : EXP 24 MAR 2011A  (This is the date you think it left NVC, just substitute the date and leave everything else as is)

@SamC85 Your reference would be EXP 14 MAY 2019A

* Date range for shipment - From: 23 - 03 - 2011

Yours would be 14-05-2019

* Date range for shipment - To: 26 - 03 - 2011

Yours would be 16-05-2019 (this one can continue to change as you check every day or whatever)

Account Number - Leave this blank

Shipment Destination: Argentina

Hope that helps! :) 

Edited by Fe.Ta

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

I am going to post this in case it is beneficial for others in the future (not anyone currently from what I could tell).  This could be applicable to people with a record, etc.  This is the new thing my fiance and I are struggling with now.  Never in my life would I have thought the process was going to be like this. :(   We are so discouraged.

Edited by Fe.Ta
N/A

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

I know is hard but try to think positive! Is overwhelming at this point to keep having issues with the process. Keep you faith up!

please let us know how everything goes! I wish you the best!

Timeline
16 hours ago, SamC85 said:

Assuming you are in my group( shipped Tuesday) , I have been tracking this like a hawk 🧐… here is the tracking information, it was received and signed for yesterday! :)

https://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=2445985640&brand=DHL

Timeline
12 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

I am going to post this in case it is beneficial for others in the future (not anyone currently from what I could tell).  This could be applicable to people with a record, etc.  This is the new thing my fiance and I are struggling with now.  Never in my life would I have thought the process was going to be like this. :(   We are so discouraged.

I hope it all irons out the way you need it too. Based on Greenbaum's comments, looks promising, wish you well!

@andreaam and @PirataCoqui Thank you for your encouragement.  Yes, we are just going to keep on and will try to be prepared for any questions or concerns.  I will keep you all posted.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Hi all!

So, another update:

My fiance completed the police certificate today using the express service at Tucuman and HE LOVED it!  We did everything online and then he just printed off the form.  From what he shared, he showed up with the copy of the DNI and the actual form filled and signed.  They asked him for the paperwork and to go to the cashier to pay.  Then, after everything was completed (about 10 minutes), they told him they would email it to the e-mail address provided.  We got it this afternoon and it is printed and ready to go into P3.  If you are from other areas, feel free to go to Tucuman and get it done.  My fiance's local office did not have an appointment until May 29th and the express services were not available at the moment.  It was good to know we had other others. :) 

Overall, today was a better day than yesterday!  We should have things completed by tomorrow so I can mail him my things and he can personally deliver them on Thursday.  Things are looking up today!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

@andreaam Hay que imprimir todas las intrusciones del P3 para incluirs o solo las dos primeras partes (lo que firmas)?  O debemos imprimir las 21 o las 10-11 paginas completas?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
12 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

@andreaam Hay que imprimir todas las intrusciones del P3 para incluirs o solo las dos primeras partes (lo que firmas)?  O debemos imprimir las 21 o las 10-11 paginas completas?

Solamente lo que firmas está bien. Yo imprimí todo el paquete y me lo devolvieron porque no era necesario. 

OK!  A few questions, I mailed P3 to my fiance so he can add the missing documents.  The shipment will not arrive until the 23rd, which is the date that would have been 10 business days prior to the interview (June 6th).  Can he drop it off on the 24th instead without any issues?  We are going to email the embassy anyways about the delay.

Is the correct address Av. Santa Fe 4569, Buenos Aires, 1425, AR if we chose that as our CSRA when choosing the service?

If this is the correct address, is there a specific window he needs to approach one he goes in or would any window be OK?

It seems he will need:

• Passport
  • Confirmation of DS-160
  • Instructions page of the CSRA
  • 5 x 5 passport photo

If these are all included within the P3, would he need to pull them out and show them separately or would he need to have them as yet another sent to give to them?  Or can we leave them within the P3 and only give them everything together?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Hola!  Nuestro P3 esta de camino a mi comprometido para que el adjunte sus cosas y lo entrege personalmente la proxima semana.  Aqui les comparto las cosas que puse en el cover letter y su orden dentro del paquete.  **NOTE:  If you need this translated, please let me know.  We did it in Spanish because my fiance would be signing the cover letter and we wanted to show he understood what everything meant (he does not speak a lot of Enligh yet).**

• Instrucciones a la aplicación K-1 (firmada) 

• Documentos del beneficiario

• Recibo de pago para la aplicación 

• Confirmación del formulario DS-160 

• Copia de la Acta de Nacimiento 

• Copia del pasaporte 

• Certificado de Antecedents Penales con la Excepción al Artículo 51 Código Penal 

• Sobre sellado del examen médico con la Dra. Grillo 

• Fotos de pasaporte 

• Documentos del peticionario 

• Copia del Certificado de Nacimiento 

• Recomendación:  Si tienes varias versiones porque el gobierno ha cambiado el estilo, los exhorto a que incluyan ambas por si las dudas.

• Copia del pasaporte 

• Notice of Action 1 (NOA1) 

• Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) 

• Correo electrónico del National Visa Center (NVC) 

• Correo electrónico de la Embajada de Estados Unidos en Argentina  

• Declaración de apoyo (Affidavit of support) 

• Documentos del peticionario

• Formulario I-134 

• Carta de verificación de empleo 

• IRS Transcripts (1040) – 20162017, and 2018 (los último 3 a~os)

• W2 – 20162017, and 2018  (los último 3 a~os)

• Talones de pago (6-8 meses)

• Estados de cuentas (6-8 meses)

• Yo incluí estados de cuenta de inversiones.

• Prueba de propiedades (Esto es solo si eres due~o de alguna propiedad, ya que se considera una poseción capital)

• Evidencia de la relación

• Fiancé letter of intent – Beneficiario (Updated)

• Fiancée letter of intent – Peticionario (Updated)

• Carta de apoyo de padres de Peticionario

• Incluimos esto porque nuestros padres no son muy tecnológicos y nuestra relacion no ha sido muy expuesta en las redes sociales pero queriamos demostrar que nuestros padres saben de la relación, que han interactuado con nosotros y que apoyan el compromiso y matrimonio.

• Si haces una carta firmada por los padres, incluye una copia de licencia, DNI, etc. que pruebe que la firma es original.

• Carta de apoyo de padres de Beneficiario

• Incluimos esto porque nuestros padres no son muy tecnológicos y nuestra relacion no ha sido muy expuesta en las redes sociales pero queriamos demostrar que nuestros padres saben de la relación, que han interactuado con nosotros y que apoyan el compromiso y matrimonio.

• Si haces una carta firmada por los padres, incluye una copia de licencia, DNI, etc. que pruebe que la firma es original.

• Fotos originales enviadas al USCIS 

• Fotos adicionales de nuestro tiempo juntos y viaje

• Pasajes y documentos del viaje (solo hemos podido vernos una vez) - Originalmente incluido en P1 para el USCIS

• Recibos de comidas y actividades que hicimos juntos (solo hemos podido vernos una vez) - Extras NO incluidos en P1 para el USCIS

• Copias de la comunicación continua del beneficiario y del peticionario después de comenzar el proceso de la visa K1 

• Whatsapp call logs

• Whatsapp screenshots

• Si tienes otras cosas como Hangouts chats, Facebook, etc. también lo puedes incluir.  Nosotros tenemos suficiente en Whatsapp y no usamos redes sociales, por lo tanto no incluimos Hangouts chats.

Como solo pudimos vernos una vez, pensamos llevar pantallazos de Hangouts de planes que teninamos para ir a Punta Cana que fueron cancelados por la proximidad de la NOA2, una tarjeta de cumple que el envié este a~o por correo, planeamos ir juntos a la entrevista y llevar fotos adicionales que tengamos de los primeros dias antes de la visa.  Como consejo:  si no tienen suficiente pruebas de la relacion por limites de visitas, piensen en otras cosas como las cartas de cumple, cartas de apoyo de familiares, pantallazos, etc.

A veces el beneficiario o peticionario no es bueno en organizar los documentos (sea hombre o mujer), si estás en esa situación, piensa como pueden hacer para que la persona que es mas organizada y le sale mas natural haga la mayoría de los paquetes.  En nuestro caso, hicimos todo lo que pudimos para que el hiciera los trámites pero la documentación llegara online o yo la pudiera obtener online y poder tener lo más posible acá.  Lo poco que queda de agregar al P3 serán unas firmas, varias copias (como su pasaporte) y el paquete de la Dra. Grillo.  Le puse unos "sticky notes" donde debe ir todo para que todo esté organizado y pueda poner lo que falta sin problema.  Otro consejo:  Saquen una cuenta de Gmail juntos, así todo llega a una cuenta y ambos pueden entrar a manejar los documentos.  Pienso que esto ayudará con el proceso de AOS, green card, etc. porque es una cuenta solo para la documentación de los papeles nuestros y es mas fácil de organizar sin que se pierda entre otros e-mails.

Espero les sirva de ayuda! :)  Un estres menos. :dance:

Edited by Fe.Ta
N/A

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

OK!  A few questions, I mailed P3 to my fiance so he can add the missing documents.  The shipment will not arrive until the 23rd, which is the date that would have been 10 business days prior to the interview (June 6th).  Can he drop it off on the 24th instead without any issues?  We are going to email the embassy anyways about the delay.

No. Is not going to be a problem if you deliver one day later. They say 10 bussiness days to have a reasonable amount of time to check the documents. One day later is not going to be an issue. 

1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

Is the correct address Av. Santa Fe 4569, Buenos Aires, 1425, AR if we chose that as our CSRA when choosing the service?

If this is the correct address, is there a specific window he needs to approach one he goes in or would any window be OK?

It seems he will need:

• Passport
  • Confirmation of DS-160
  • Instructions page of the CSRA
  • 5 x 5 passport photo

If these are all included within the P3, would he need to pull them out and show them separately or would he need to have them as yet another sent to give to them?  Or can we leave them within the P3 and only give them everything together?

I don’t know about this since I’m from another province. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.