2,108 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Josephin&Robert said:

Hi guys I hope you can help me with this.

We got married March 29th, turned in all the paperwork for AOS (I485 etc.) on May 13th.

We haven't heard anything yet for biometric appointment (seems to be normal according to what I read here in the chat).

Anyways I am wondering when I need to change my new name on the passport. I can not find any information about this.

Should I do this already if yes do I go to my closest embassy? Or should I wait until AOS is done (since I turned in the copy of my passport bio page with my old name). 

I am a little bit concerned that once I get the travel authorization and I travel with my old name in the passport it causes some troubles.

Thanks for your help it advance!

If doesn’t matter you can go back your hometown and change it later doesn’t relate to your US entry IN/OUT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Josephin&Robert said:

Hi guys I hope you can help me with this.

We got married March 29th, turned in all the paperwork for AOS (I485 etc.) on May 13th.

We haven't heard anything yet for biometric appointment (seems to be normal according to what I read here in the chat).

Anyways I am wondering when I need to change my new name on the passport. I can not find any information about this.

Should I do this already if yes do I go to my closest embassy? Or should I wait until AOS is done (since I turned in the copy of my passport bio page with my old name). 

I am a little bit concerned that once I get the travel authorization and I travel with my old name in the passport it causes some troubles.

Thanks for your help it advance!

I have the same timeline. Sent my case over on May 13th and still dont have my biometrics appointment scheduled...

i was supposed to receive the social security card according to informed delivery as of yesterday. Sadly still no social security card has been delivered.... I’m so mad... the same exact thing happen with our NOA1s.... I’m going to go to post office tomorrow morning but hopefully it arrives safely tomorrow... 

K1 Process 192 Days (From Mailing to POE)

Spoiler

08-17-2018 Mailed I-129F to Dallas, TX

08-20-2018 Delivered to Dallas, TX

08-23-2018 USCIS Text and email with Receipt #

08-27-2018 Received NOA1 Hard Copy

11-21-2018 CFO Interview- Passed. Received certificate and Receipt.

01-11-2019 Approved I129F. Received Text and Email. 

01-14-2019 NOA2 Hard Copy received- Stated Received date as 20Aug18, and NOA2 date as 10Jan19. DS-160 Submitted

01-25-2019 NVC Case Number by phone.

01-28-2019 Paid Visa Fee at BPI

01-29-2019 Scheduled Interview

02-05-2019 Case "In Transit" from NVC to USEM Philippines

02-07-2019 “Case Ready” at NVC 

02-08-2019 Received NVC Letter email

02-12-2019 Completed Medical

02-14-2019 Interview Passed

02-15-2019 Case Immigrant "Administrative Processing"

02-25-2019 Case “Nonimmigrant Administrative Processing”

02-27-2019 Visa Issued

03-04-2019 Visa On Hand

03-06-2019 CFO Sticker received

03-07-2019 POE Atlanta 

AOS Process

Spoiler

05-03-2019 Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

05-07-2019 Packet arrived to USCIS

05-28-2019 AOS Fee Charged to Card

05-29-2019 NOA Date

06-03-2019 Received NOA Receipts

06-07-2019 Biometrics Letter

06-17-2019 Biometrics appointment

08-07-2019 Ready to schedule interview

08-27-2019 Interview Scheduled

09-03-2019 Interview letter received.

09-18-2019 EAD Card in production 

09-19-2019 AP Approved

09-23-2019 EAD Card mailed

09-30-2019 EAD Card received 

10-04-2019 Interview passed/Card in production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
22 hours ago, Andruha said:

Thats what we did also. We went to SS office and filled out application with her old name. (NYC location) Two weeks later she got her card in the mail. We got married few weeks later. After marriage she went back to SS office and did a name change application, she needed to show the marriage certificate. About two weeks later we got SS card with new name. 

Sounds great but all the forms I filled it with my old name... if I have my social security with my new name but my EAD card will be with my old name? How do I change it in the EAD before they give it to me? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

Sounds great but all the forms I filled it with my old name... if I have my social security with my new name but my EAD card will be with my old name? How do I change it in the EAD before they give it to me? 

And what documents did you bring to the office? Thank you 

Filed: Other Timeline
30 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

I would call USCIS before going to the social security office and ask them if the officer in charge of your case will allow you to make the change. Some will but some will not and then some will but will require you to submit an I90 and the $450 fee. If that's the case, you're better off keeping your maiden name on documents until you find a steady job (and show your documents w/matching names), then change your name to reflect that on your social. And when you apply for removal of conditions you can apply with your married name and submit a copy of your marriage certificate as proof of the name change.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
18 hours ago, sayuki_vi said:

So many trouble reason I kept my last name until you got your green card or become citizen actually you can file a form if you want change your name future so I don’t rush it to change 

That's true. Thought it was easier but I'll just wait 😁😁😁 I'll have my 2 names and 2 last names haha 

Timeline

This sucks... Hope is not true. My NOA1 is may 10th and they are saying my EAD will be December.... 7 months???? No wayyyyyyyy. Such a way to ruin my day 

Screenshot_20190623-183205.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

This sucks... Hope is not true. My NOA1 is may 10th and they are saying my EAD will be December.... 7 months???? No wayyyyyyyy. Such a way to ruin my day 

Really? How can you see your processing time by email?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

I just received the same (early June filer), however when I checked my timeline the estimated date was still the same as a week ago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Reed1812 said:

NOA 1 dated 22nd May. Still no Biometrics appointment letter. 

Anyone else the same?

Yup.  Our NOA is May 13th... still nothing......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Reed1812 said:

Have you called them up yet? 

Yes, a week or so ago.  They said to call back on June 26th if we haven't received it yet...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.