dwheels76

NVC Filers - May 2019

1,450 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, melindaabdullah said:

No it does not.  they are to except either one.  I just asked Liz the attorney handling are case.

On USCIS website they said they are no longer accepting tax returns because the transcript has exactly what they need. Liz needs to be updated, or you may get an RFE and be annoyed with Liz.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

For me and others in this forum they required us to submit transcripts. Again I submitted my 1040s and W2 and got an RFE asking for transcript. When I called the NVC I was told that they no longer accept tax returns.....

that's messed up... we did 1040s and w2 .  all mine were accepted.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, GabLuc said:

On USCIS website they said they are no longer accepting tax returns because the transcript has exactly what they need. Liz needs to be updated, or you may get an RFE and be annoyed with Liz.

mine were accepted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, The Rock ll said:

I amsry ..my bad...I did some research and yes u r right ...I-864 EZ is the form that needed to be filled ...just make sure u hand sign it...

22 hours ago, Mrs Oduro said:

He can fill the ez if da top 3 questions is yes ... he can fill da i864 but dts too much questions I will advice he fills the ez cus it’s easy to fill up as far as @habib1990 ‘s answer to dos 3 questions is yes 

yes i -864 applies to me i selected the firt three 3 yes in the form and i hand signed it. 

i was facing the issue when i scan the document it doesnt come out to clean. used different scanner but the result was the same but i uploaded and sumitted everything today 

goodluck now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 minutes ago, melindaabdullah said:

that's messed up... we did 1040s and w2 .  all mine were accepted.. 

we did the same for my mom in law, we sent 1040 and w2 and it was accepted.

4 minutes ago, melindaabdullah said:

mine were accepted

Probably going forward, Im submitting what they asked for. Nothing more nothing less. Because they are too moody. 

IRS told me last friday Tax Transcripts only for USCIS Processing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

For me and others in this forum they required us to submit transcripts. Again I submitted my 1040s and W2 and got an RFE asking for transcript. When I called the NVC I was told that they no longer accept tax returns.....

Hi! May I know what date you got the RFE and note asking for transcript? Thank you

This is the same thing IRS told me, I called last friday and they told me for USCIS processing and other state department agencies they are no longer accepting tax returns, only tax transcripts because the tax returns have too much information they do not need.

4 minutes ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Of course! March 6th 😉

Folks, I am bummy about the taxes, I lived abroad with my husband since 2014, I last filed in 2013, and again for 2018. I only have tax returns/transcripts for 2018, I came back to the US in oct 2018 and I was planning to use my 2018 w2, 2018 transcript, recent paystubs and recent job letter to meet the guidelines. Household size 3 and my income is 40k a year based on my job letter. 

My aunt who filed for my grandmother last year, said they only ask for tax returns to show you don't owe taxes thats what the interviewer at the consulate told her. She said the paystub and job letter will suffice. 

My question is, do I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to submit 3 years tax return/transcript or is it optional?

Timeline
1 hour ago, GabLuc said:

Omg this is insane, we sent our i130 on jan 11, we got potomac, you guys and us are on the same schedule.

Yes! Hopefully we continue to be on the fast track!! 

Marriage:2018-09-28

I-130 Sent :2019-01-08

I-130 NOA1 :2019-01-16

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved :2019-03-28

NVC Received :2019-04-10

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :2019-05-06

Pay AOS Bill :2019-05-06

Send IV Package: 2019-09-06

Case Complete at NVC: 2019-12-09

Receive Instruction and Interview Letter: 2020-03-05

Interview: 2020-04-20

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Of course! March 6th 😉

Really?! They accepted my husband’s tax return April 17. Still waiting for JS tax return to be reviewed. We uploaded same day of the 17th when we got rejected because of the W2 at the bottom. They never told us about transcript. Now waiting for it to be reviewed. 3wks tomorrow and no update. I hope they just accept it and not ask us again about transcript and make us wait for 3more weeks.  🙏🏽

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, GabLuc said:

Folks, I am bummy about the taxes, I lived abroad with my husband since 2014, I last filed in 2013, and again for 2018. I only have tax returns/transcripts for 2018, I came back to the US in oct 2018 and I was planning to use my 2018 w2, 2018 transcript, recent paystubs and recent job letter to meet the guidelines. Household size 3 and my income is 40k a year based on my job letter. 

My aunt who filed for my grandmother last year, said they only ask for tax returns to show you don't owe taxes thats what the interviewer at the consulate told her. She said the paystub and job letter will suffice. 

My question is, do I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to submit 3 years tax return/transcript or is it optional?

May I ask why you have a gap on filing your US taxes?

My understanding is that all US citizens not matter where they reside must file US taxes. I been living abroad with my husband since 2015 and I have filed every single year. 

In regards of your question, for me they only asked for 2017 or 2018 transcript. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.