Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 FILERS

484 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Maame&Kwesi said:

NOA1-15th May and nothin at all... we jus waiting!! ..it so  feels like our own has never being touched and being abandoned....so frustrating 😪... we pray and hope for the best for all of us

Oh goodness; I totally understand how you feel!

The whole process is mind blowing.

You are never updated as to any movement with your case until an NOA1, RFE or NOA2. That is where the frustration lies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/27/2019 at 2:11 PM, Cttdub said:

Just got approved today ! Hope everyone gets it today as well!! Best of luck to everyone ! That was so stressful 

nice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I finally got an approval today!!!! The later is date 10/01/2019. I have been waiting and it finally came. *Happy dancing all around the house.* 

Though, I have to admit I was not waiting patiently. I made a request of service twice to change the DOB of my beneficiary as well as an update to my case and was told they are still within the normal processing time and the DOB will be updated after the case was adjudicated. Then I got an congressional inquiry sent. I believe that did it. Although, my congressional request made no guarantees that my petition would be approved any faster, but I can't help thinking it did.

Anyway, on to the next phase....

I hope there is more good news to come for other May filers!!!

Good luck everyone!

NOA1 5/1/19

NOA2 10/1/19

Timeline
15 hours ago, waiting4mysweetie said:

I finally got an approval today!!!! The later is date 10/01/2019. I have been waiting and it finally came. *Happy dancing all around the house.* 

Though, I have to admit I was not waiting patiently. I made a request of service twice to change the DOB of my beneficiary as well as an update to my case and was told they are still within the normal processing time and the DOB will be updated after the case was adjudicated. Then I got an congressional inquiry sent. I believe that did it. Although, my congressional request made no guarantees that my petition would be approved any faster, but I can't help thinking it did.

Anyway, on to the next phase....

I hope there is more good news to come for other May filers!!!

Good luck everyone!

NOA1 5/1/19

NOA2 10/1/19

Congrats to you both.

Did the status change on the USCIS website at all?

8 weeks counting and STILL waiting to hear back if our RFE was good enough and we are approved!!

Day 132 and no word. Getting so sad and despondent. I'm so happy for everyone I see getting approved, but now I'm over thinking everything. Any other May filers still waiting?

Timeline
Just now, weelisa said:

Day 132 and no word. Getting so sad and despondent. I'm so happy for everyone I see getting approved, but now I'm over thinking everything. Any other May filers still waiting?

Me!! You are not alone :( 

They received our RFE on 12th August and complete silence since then!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
10 minutes ago, weelisa said:

I'm waiting too! You are not alone. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, weelisa said:

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better that it's not just me. Good luck to all of us x

The waiting is making me feel so anxious now :( 

I am flying to see my fiancé next Saturday for 2 weeks.  Woo Hoo.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, weelisa said:

Yup, same as well. Day 136 and still patiently waiting and slowly losing my mind :’) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
5 hours ago, weelisa said:

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better that it's not just me. Good luck to all of us x

Me too. Anxiety is no joke. We have a trip planned for Mexico. Kind of a early honeymoon seeing as though we won't be able to go outside the country right after we're married. Making the most of this waiting period. 🙄😋

So my fiance just emailed me a letter that he received by email from the NVC, which was addressed to me (weird, but whatever - he is the petitioner). It says that our approved application is being forwarded to the London US Embassy!! I am so thrilled after all that waiting, but still wonder what happened to our NOA2...

Also, there is no update on the app. I'm still on day 133 of waiting on there. I almost burst into tears when I read it. Thank you so much for your support and I wish all of us a successful visa application x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.