inneedofmyhb

Letting go of lawyer at NVC Stage

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

i am currently waiting to hear something from uscis after sending off RFE response. When 130 is approved 🤞🏼 I am going at this alone without my Lawyer. It’s been nothing but delays in getting things done. I can go quicker alone. I’ve heard that once the 130 is approved and gets routed to NVC, they send case number directly to lawyer. How do I get them to send to me since Lawyer will not be representing me at that point? 

Thank you! 

Edited by inneedofmyhb

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Hello,

i am currently waiting to hear something from uscis after sending off RFE response. When 130 is approved 🤞🏼 I am going at this alone without my Lawyer. It’s been nothing but delays in getting things done. I can go quicker alone. I’ve heard that once the 130 is approved and gets routed to NVC, they send case number directly to lawyer. How do I get them to send to me since Lawyer will not be representing me at that point? 

Thank you! 

Hi.  It's your case, so feel free to contact NVC to get your case & invoice ID#'s.  Wait a couple of weeks after you have been approved.  Best wishes.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, PandT said:

Hi.  It's your case, so feel free to contact NVC to get your case & invoice ID#'s.  Wait a couple of weeks after you have been approved.  Best wishes.  

They will still send a copy to you. We had a lawyer from the very beginning of this process and I still got an e-mail and a letter from NVC with case number and invoice number. And you are right! You will be able to do it faster. We made a mistake hiring one. Now we are delayed because of a simple instruction she did not follow. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

They will still send a copy to you. We had a lawyer from the very beginning of this process and I still got an e-mail and a letter from NVC with case number and invoice number. And you are right! You will be able to do it faster. We made a mistake hiring one. Now we are delayed because of a simple instruction she did not follow. 

It will be okay.  Many of us didn't know what we were doing from the very beginning of our journey.  I can personally tell you that all the information you need is here on the various VJ forums.  It just takes a little time to get the answers you need.  When you need help or don't understand something, there is always someone who has gone through this & will assist you.  Honestly, I never heard of K1 visa before I started this process.  All the info I got was from VJ members who were willing to guide me.  You can complete the remainder of your journey by yourself with help from other members.  Wishing you a speedy journey.  

Timeline
20 minutes ago, PandT said:

It will be okay.  Many of us didn't know what we were doing from the very beginning of our journey.  I can personally tell you that all the information you need is here on the various VJ forums.  It just takes a little time to get the answers you need.  When you need help or don't understand something, there is always someone who has gone through this & will assist you.  Honestly, I never heard of K1 visa before I started this process.  All the info I got was from VJ members who were willing to guide me.  You can complete the remainder of your journey by yourself with help from other members.  Wishing you a speedy journey.  

Yea. I wish i found Vj earlier. Could have save money. We paid then so much but I did most of everything. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you to all of you!! VJ has been a life saver from the beginning 2 years ago! I was once a mad person who felt was wronged in the immigration process, later to learn that everything happened for a reason and the way it should have happened. Truly all thanks to VJ!! Thanks again guys! 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 2:15 PM, Kartinee23 said:

I'm also using a lawyer and I have yet to get any email or mailing with the case number and invoice. My lawyer contacted me last week about submitting the NVC fees and I see they have already been taken out of my checking account. So I'm confused as to why I didnt get my case and invoice number and is that what they call the welcome letter? 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Naul's girl said:

I'm also using a lawyer and I have yet to get any email or mailing with the case number and invoice. My lawyer contacted me last week about submitting the NVC fees and I see they have already been taken out of my checking account. So I'm confused as to why I didnt get my case and invoice number and is that what they call the welcome letter? 

They (lawyer)  may not have added your e-mail. Ask your lawyer for your CASE NUMBER AND INVOICE. Then you can log in to CEAC. Using those numbers. It will be like our username and password for your CEAC account. There, you can add or remove e-mails on where you want NVC to send messages. 

And yes that’s the welcome letter. I got e-mail before the snail mail. Also, our lawyer never told us she received and e-mail. Only when we told her we got e-mail that she said, “oh we have that already”. Please please be on top of this. Make sure everything they upload are complere, correct, clear, no multiple documents in one file, not flipped, not upside down, all words showing. So many people here on VJ including me, got many rfes and delayed for months because of lawyers. If you get everythinng right on first submission, you will save a loooot of time.  attaching a sample e-mail here. Sorry it is just a screen shot from my phone. It may look different on laptop/desktop. 

3358DF8A-6B90-4062-AA55-951728623441.jpeg

• 6 months later...
Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 4/25/2019 at 7:56 PM, inneedofmyhb said:

Hello,

Thank you! 

Hello Inneedofmyhb, and all others! :)

I know it has been a while but have you in the end done the rest of the process with or without a lawyer?

We have a lawyer and we are not happy so far. We are about to start the NVC process...

Thank you,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
5 hours ago, Alix64 said:

I know it has been a while but have you in the end done the rest of the process with or without a lawyer?

We have a lawyer and we are not happy so far. We are about to start the NVC process...

Thank you,

Alix

We are done with the process. You absolutely don’t need a lawyer at NVC stage. Fired ours when she delayed us 3x. 3.5 months. 🤓

NVC stage is very easy. All you need is upload whatever is being asked. Upload straight and clear copies. Do not merge/upload two documents as one. Example:

1. W2 only

2. Tax return/tax transcript only

One mistake our attorney did was uploading multiple document as one (w2+tax). 3weeks delay. After 3 weeks another mistake of her, she did not upload all W2s. More weeks of delay. 

Timeline

Thank you both for your answers UltimateForm and KartineeKartoons,

It is right now a little fight with my husband. It is not even a question of money now, since we paid him already (it is a flat fee for the whole process). I am ready to drop him right now, my husband wants to wait a little and see...

I have told our lawyer that we will need to call NVC regularly to get our case number, he said no don't do that, let the process works for itself (which is crazy when you know a little bit about administrations). Anyway. Thank you both, have a good day, we have everything in our hands now to decide. :)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

21 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Thank you,

Alix

We had a lawyer in the beginning of the process. Were not happy with him at all so when we got approved I-130 we did rest of the process at NVC by ourselves without any problems. Waiting for an interview letter at this point, good luck and don't be afraid to finish it yourself.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, He&Me said:

We had a lawyer in the beginning of the process. Were not happy with him at all so when we got approved I-130 we did rest of the process at NVC by ourselves without any problems. Waiting for an interview letter at this point, good luck and don't be afraid to finish it yourself.

Thank you He&Me (i mean He&You but ow well...;-)

I am quite happy today (small silly ego victory) because yesterday he said that it was useless and even counter productive to call NVC a month after NOA2... but on the NOA2 it says right there "allow 30 days before contacting the NVC". It points out the fact that it is totally normal and common to call NVC.

Anyway, thank you again for your piece of advice. We'll get there. I wish you the best for the rest of your journey :)

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2019 at 12:31 AM, KartineeKartoons said:

We are done with the process. You absolutely don’t need a lawyer at NVC stage. Fired ours when she delayed us 3x. 3.5 months. 🤓

NVC stage is very easy. All you need is upload whatever is being asked. Upload straight and clear copies. Do not merge/upload two documents as one. Example:

1. W2 only

2. Tax return/tax transcript only

One mistake our attorney did was uploading multiple document as one (w2+tax). 3weeks delay. After 3 weeks another mistake of her, she did not upload all W2s. More weeks of delay. 

Hi! Can you please tell me do you upload W2 separately for each year? Or you upload all W2 forms for the last three years as one file?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.