freaque

Case termination

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

From an approved petition at NVC to interview abroad and visa in hand is typically only about 5 months.  So if you both want to move back to the US, reply to the letter today and finish the process that you started.  Do a lot more research here on Visa Journey about the NVC process, some get confused by it, but it is really not that complicated if you study all the requirements carefully and do exactly what they say.  Prepare your documents, when you get an NVC case number (or do you already have an NVC case number?), pay your fees online, upload the documents, and wait for the interview to be scheduled.  Pretty simple.  The NVC website is the best place for current information on everything, including sponsors, co-sponsors, establishing US domicile and US-based income, etc.  Your husband may have to move to the US before you in order to satisfy some of the requirements, also file US income tax returns with the IRS for the last three years if he hasn't done that, based on his world-wide income.  You can both do this if that's what you want.  Do your research, then come here with specific questions that you can't find answers for or need clarification on.  The long petition approval part is over for you, the rest of the process is only about 5 months, only 3 months if you already have an NVC case number.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

From an approved petition at NVC to interview abroad and visa in hand is typically only about 5 months.  So if you both want to move back to the US, reply to the letter today and finish the process that you started.  Do a lot more research here on Visa Journey about the NVC process, some get confused by it, but it is really not that complicated if you study all the requirements carefully and do exactly what they say.  Prepare your documents, when you get an NVC case number (or do you already have an NVC case number?), pay your fees online, upload the documents, and wait for the interview to be scheduled.  Pretty simple.  The NVC website is the best place for current information on everything, including sponsors, co-sponsors, establishing US domicile and US-based income, etc.  Your husband may have to move to the US before you in order to satisfy some of the requirements, also file US income tax returns with the IRS for the last three years if he hasn't done that, based on his world-wide income.  You can both do this if that's what you want.  Do your research, then come here with specific questions that you can't find answers for or need clarification on.  The long petition approval part is over for you, the rest of the process is only about 5 months, only 3 months if you already have an NVC case number.  Good luck!

Thanks a lot 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, freaque said:

Thanks a lot 

We're VERY excited because today we just got our NVC case number so now we are about 3 months away from the visa interview!  We submitted the I-130 petition 9 months ago.  Good luck with your journey.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

We're VERY excited because today we just got our NVC case number so now we are about 3 months away from the visa interview!  We submitted the I-130 petition 9 months ago.  Good luck with your journey.

9 months omg, i thought 6 was way more than we could handle. Good luck you guys too

Timeline
5 minutes ago, freaque said:

9 months omg, i thought 6 was way more than we could handle. Good luck you guys too

Thanks!  We are going to upload all our documents, pay fees, complete forms in the next few days via CEAC and hope his visa interview will be scheduled for July, only 3 months away!  Yes, the I-130 petition approvals are taking longer and longer, ours was approved in 7 months after filing, then it took another 2 months for the file to reach the NVC and get a case number assigned.  All the best.

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
53 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Thanks!  We are going to upload all our documents, pay fees, complete forms in the next few days via CEAC and hope his visa interview will be scheduled for July, only 3 months away!  Yes, the I-130 petition approvals are taking longer and longer, ours was approved in 7 months after filing, then it took another 2 months for the file to reach the NVC and get a case number assigned.  All the best.

You sound so motivated. Well, I really wish you luck with that, it's just different here and we're tired of all that stuff. But I guess we should mail nvc this week and see what they say and if we continue the process. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, freaque said:

You sound so motivated. Well, I really wish you luck with that, it's just different here and we're tired of all that stuff. But I guess we should mail nvc this week and see what they say and if we continue the process. 

We're motivated because we have been apart for so long--you're living with your husband and may have to be apart if you go down this road so I understand your hesitancy.  We just want to be together as soon as possible!  It's been a very long road but the end is in sight.

10 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Congratulations!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, freaque said:

Yeah, we're just trying to make sure there's no DCF option for us before mailing them. 

Your case was approved over a year ago you do not need dcf because your case was filed and approved. You simply need to check the first option on the page where it is written "yes i wish to continue with my application..." and email the document to the address they mentioned. Once they get your letter and open your case you will have about 4 months wait before interview and also when you receive your visa it will have a 6 months validity till you get to the united states so you have about 10 months to get ready to move to the states, which gives you ample time to save some money too. Goodluck.

Edited by mniceguy16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
19 hours ago, freaque said:

Well, I'd expect at least 6 months for my husband to finish the process. I did my best before nvc step and we got approved, but i know nothing about filing  us taxes, i don't think i can help a lot with joint sponsorship either. 

Your husband is the USC?

He should know about doing tax returns and follow the process as he needs to submit IRS transcripts to NVC

He also needs to establish a residency here in the US /can be with other family members

why would you even think DFC and start the process all over again as you are now over halfway to the visa?

When our case was at the NVC stage the receipt said to keep in touch to maintain the case open/  you didn't but you have a 2nd  chance now to notify them and get that part of the process going

BTW you shouldn't post the case numbers 

21 hours ago, freaque said:

Well, it's not that we're in a hurry. It's just hard for my husband to find a job here in Russia. All his relatives and the dog are there too. Plus, having a medical education it looks like there's more opportunity for me in the US. I only want to get prepared for moving, save some money for rent and my daughter's school, make sure that I can find a job. DCF was really a good option because I could have started working soon as we move instead of applying for work permit and wait for months til I can get a job.

When you do I-130 you can work when you arrive in US. I can't remember the different names but check the forums and guides here on VJ 

Timeline

Thank you guys! Looks like we're back to our process now. 

We attacked NVC with emails, mail and even phone calls. They only want us to pay $325 IV fee for me. Somehow, it didnt expire for my daughter, AOS 120 as well, and they confirmed that and now the PAY button on my account is active again.

The only thing that is unclear now, it's been more than 2 years since me and my husband got married back in 2016. And I guess that's why CR-1 status on my daughters page switched to IR-1. But on my account it's still CR-1. 

Do you think we should call them or just pay and it's gna somehow change automatically?

And if so, does that mean we wont have to pay for I-751? Did we actually save the money? lol

Thank you in advance. So excited all the sudden. 

Edited by freaque

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Yeah you don’t need to worry about i751. Even if it says CR1 on your account or even on your visa later on, the day you enter the US would be after 2-years anniversary and so you will get the 10 yr GC.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.