Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday in St. Louis and it was absolutely horrible. 

Lasted approximately 8 minutes,I had a gazillion of documents that she asked for but did not look at. She asked us 0 questions about our marriage or relationship,referred to my husband’s daughter as “IT” and was very hung up on why I left the country when my J1 visa was expired in 2015/2016. I am utterly confused and sad and guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens next. 😢

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
7 hours ago, mrmvkjts said:

Lasted approximately 8 minutes,I had a gazillion of documents that she asked for but did not look at. She asked us 0 questions about our marriage or relationship,referred to my husband’s daughter as “IT” and was very hung up on why I left the country when my J1 visa was expired in 2015/2016. I am utterly confused and sad and guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens next. 😢

Sorry to hear you had a horrible experience!  What was the outcome at the end?  I do hope you receive good news.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

Sorry to hear you had a horrible experience!  What was the outcome at the end?  I do hope you receive good news.

It was so awful…

She gave us a letter saying that they will contact us if they need anything else and we have to wait up to 120 days for a decision. 

I just don’t understand…we have such a straightforward case, still married, sharing financials, are on each other’s insurances etc she couldn’t have cared less. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since March 2020 right before the restricted movement. The status has not changed since then. I'll be 2 years this March. My local office is in Fairfax Virginia. Should I call them or just wait until they schedule the interview? Don't know if my case is more than the usual processing time no not.

2 hours ago, AnnaLuke said:

Hello everyone,

My case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since March 2020 right before the restricted movement. The status has not changed since then. I'll be 2 years this March. My local office is in Fairfax Virginia. Should I call them or just wait until they schedule the interview? Don't know if my case is more than the usual processing time no not.

My wife’s status never changed from “finger prints taken” for little over 2 years.  Then it updated to “case ready to be scheduled for interview”. Showed that status for about a month before being updated to “case scheduled for interview.  Total time from filing to interview was 30 months.  

Straight forward case with no RFE’s.   

filed office: Ft. Smith Arkansas.  

2 hours ago, AnnaLuke said:

Hello everyone,

There is no harm in asking. I was told yesterday that the waiting time nowadays is between 22-38 months. 

19 hours ago, mrmvkjts said:

Hate hear about your bad experience.   The only documents asked for in our interview was only the original marriage certificate.  

total interview lasted about as long as yours.  We were told the same thing about a decision. And if he needed more documents we would receive something in the mail. But In about 7 days the status updated to “new card being produced”.  

You should be good. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Quick question guys,

How long does it take to receive the letter for the interview after the status change online ? And why dont they mention the interview date on the online status ?  arghhh.

Almost my pants reading the first line thinking the date already passed. "On January 27, 2022, we scheduled an interview..." LOL 

40 minutes ago, kayjee said:

Quick question guys,

How long does it take to receive the letter for the interview after the status change online ? And why dont they mention the interview date on the online status ?  arghhh.

Almost my pants reading the first line thinking the date already passed. "On January 27, 2022, we scheduled an interview..." LOL 

A out 10 days-2 weeks. 

You can call them or ask a live agent on chat and they will tell you the date before your letter arrives. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Guys i have some news! My husband's n-400 has been scheduled. I a mwaiting for the letter in the mail! Very excited! Still no movement on the i-751, so ridiculous but we are very happy that we are almost there.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, LiRo said:

A out 10 days-2 weeks. 

You can call them or ask a live agent on chat and they will tell you the date before your letter arrives. 

Is there a link to have live chat online ?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, LiRo said:

You talk to Emma and after a moment it gives you an option to talk with live agent

Just got the date. Almost a month time from the date scheduled. Thank you for the help :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.