Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

MSC-filer

Removal of conditions, case received: 10 Mar 2020

Biometrics appointment has been scheduled, received: 28 Nov 2020

Biometrics appointment at local USCIS branch: 15 Dec 2020

Case Ready to be scheduled for interview: 20 Jan 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pepfromage said:

MSC-filer

Removal of conditions, case received: 10 Mar 2020

Biometrics appointment has been scheduled, received: 28 Nov 2020

Biometrics appointment at local USCIS branch: 15 Dec 2020

Case Ready to be scheduled for interview: 20 Jan 2021

wow thats great! I am still waiting for my biometrics to be scheduled :( congratulations on the progress!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/30/2020 at 9:02 PM, Yujay said:

Hi. I got an update today that my card is being produced (no interview). I think your husbands should be coming soon. We had the same timeline if I remember your previous post correctly. 

You were close! We just got update his card was being produced today! No RFE and no interview!!! I'm so glad we are past this part.

5 hours ago, naija_glam said:

You were close! We just got update his card was being produced today! No RFE and no interview!!! I'm so glad we are past this part.

Yay!!! Happy for you and your husband. N400 next!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yujay said:

Yay!!! Happy for you and your husband. N400 next!!! 

Yep we'll definitely file N400. We'll enjoy this break though lol.

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
On 1/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, sahilpatel12 said:

i751 dec 2019 interview schedule next month and online n400 nov 2020 shows estimate completion march 2021 .

hoping for an combo interview as the last update on n400 was fingerprints reuse on dec 2020.

The N-400 interview will come to you pretty fast we applied in September and he did his interview yesterday. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Filed in November 2019. Waiting for interview to be scheduled since June 2020. 

No update and when I call USCIS just instructed to wait. Will file N400 at end of February. 

Anyone else in similar position?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
7 minutes ago, androidhk89 said:

Filed in November 2019. Waiting for interview to be scheduled since June 2020. 

No update and when I call USCIS just instructed to wait. Will file N400 at end of February. 

Anyone else in similar position?

Yes. Many in this thread have been waiting longer for you. Just 3 months from "Waiting to Be Scheduled for Interview" for us so far. It really depends on how busy your local office is. You can look up the processing times for I-485 to get a vague idea at least.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, FK1 said:

Hey Guys! Does anybody know if we get another 797 notice of action after filing for N400 online while an i 751 application is pending? Or do we have to have to get stamp in passport to renew license etc once the 18 month extension is over? Thanks for your help!!

I wish somebody told me to not file N400 while I-751 was still pending. Both cases are far from done... 2+ years later.

And yeah, there's no NOA on N-400. Once 18 mo are over after green card expiration, you'll get a stamp (unless they start moving faster).

Timeline

Hey guys, I'm new to this thread! I just received a notification from USCIS that my case is transferred yet again, this time to National Benefits Center. Am I to be hopeful?

I originally filed I-751 in January 2019. Yes, more than 2 years ago. I proceeded to file N-400 in January 2020 - big mistake! Both cases are now floating in space. My I-751 was already transferred to Potomac Service center in December 2019, where it effectively was lying on the shelf till Feb 2021. No other actions are taken on either of my cases.

41 minutes ago, KatieL said:

I wish somebody told me to not file N400 while I-751 was still pending. Both cases are far from done... 2+ years later.

And yeah, there's no NOA on N-400. Once 18 mo are over after green card expiration, you'll get a stamp (unless they start moving faster).

How much does the stamp cost and how long is it valid? 

Timeline
Just now, LiRo said:

How much does the stamp cost and how long is it valid? 

It doesn't cost anything, but getting an appointment in COVID times was a struggle. They don't set up Infopass appointments online anymore, so you have to call, and then have a super legit reason to get a stamp. Usually it's valid for a year, but because of my exceptional luck I got mine for only 6 months, so that's possible too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.