Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, rajeejunie said:

Is there any way you can have your neighbor or someone else check your mail so in case it is around the same time, you can prepone the ticket. I wouldn't suggest postponing the biometric appointment with everything happening 😬

thank you.But I requested USPS to hold the mail.So in case If I send a friend to pick up the mail will they allow that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

thank you.But I requested USPS to hold the mail.So in case If I send a friend to pick up the mail will they allow that?

Yes you can. You have to write a letter giving the person picking up authority to pick up in your place. I would say write a letter, sign, and scan it. They need to show some form of ID when they pick up your mail. 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, rajeejunie said:

Yes you can. You have to write a letter giving the person picking up authority to pick up in your place. I would say write a letter, sign, and scan it. They need to show some form of ID when they pick up your mail. 

Thank u. I did call to the Usps they said writing an Email would work. So I wrote an Email to that person. He will go tomorrow and show them that and hopefully can get the letter. All this when we are on vacation 🙄🙄I am so unfortunate. Did u receive your biometrics yet?

Timeline
2 hours ago, rajeejunie said:

Congratulations! I filed on 9th June but got NOA around the same time as those who filed end of June so my guess is they process in batches rather than by date. Hoping for something soon for me too. 

In which field office did you apply

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone. My husband's I-751 was transferred from Texas Service Center to NBC. We applied August 2020. Early October USCIS notified us that old biometrics would be used. It was transferred November 10. We had an interview for AOS. We haven't received an RFE for ROC. The notice said it was transferred to NBC for faster processing. Case status online says we will assign the case to an officer. We will review your case and mail you our decision. 

I've been told that all cases that go to NBC will have an interview. I've also been told NBC is now processing and making decisions on cases. From our case status is it safe to assume that we may not have an interview? Or is interview still possible? I figured if they want to interview us our case status would say we will be scheduled for interview. Any thoughts? Or anyone with a similar timeline/situation? Thanks

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ajt3 said:

Thank u. I did call to the Usps they said writing an Email would work. So I wrote an Email to that person. He will go tomorrow and show them that and hopefully can get the letter. All this when we are on vacation 🙄🙄I am so unfortunate. Did u receive your biometrics yet?

Hey did you got an update on your mobile or in email regarding this letter?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ajt3 said:

lol at least you got your biometrics, I filed first week of June and nothing for me yet. 😢

My timeline

ROC

06-16-20 Check cashed 

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

Timeline
3 hours ago, Navdeep Kaur said:

In which field office did you apply

MSC that's the reason I have been following this thread like a hawk. 🤣

PS: My service center is there even on my signature 😜

My timeline

ROC

06-16-20 Check cashed 

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

1 hour ago, naija_glam said:

Hello everyone. My husband's I-751 was transferred from Texas Service Center to NBC. We applied August 2020. Early October USCIS notified us that old biometrics would be used. It was transferred November 10. We had an interview for AOS. We haven't received an RFE for ROC. The notice said it was transferred to NBC for faster processing. Case status online says we will assign the case to an officer. We will review your case and mail you our decision. 

I've been told that all cases that go to NBC will have an interview. I've also been told NBC is now processing and making decisions on cases. From our case status is it safe to assume that we may not have an interview? Or is interview still possible? I figured if they want to interview us our case status would say we will be scheduled for interview. Any thoughts? Or anyone with a similar timeline/situation? Thanks

What are 3 letters in your receipt? Is it SRCxxxxxxxxx or MSC?

4 minutes ago, rajeejunie said:

lol at least you got your biometrics, I filed first week of June and nothing for me yet. 😢

I filed in April and it feels that my case is buried under the incoming ones...No movement whatsoever

Timeline
1 hour ago, Navdeep Kaur said:

Hey did you got an update on your mobile or in email regarding this letter?

Absolutely no update on Email or text. Luckily I have informed delivery with USPS and I found it there.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, rajeejunie said:

That's ridiculous. It's being so long. We all want to get done with these immigration processes. It is like a heavy weight on our heads.look at me. Still in my Vacation I am on Visajourney, calling USCIS and all these.🙄🙄🙄 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Blueski said:

I think your case will be fine and you will get the card soon without interview. Most of case with SRC center got GC very early.

I hope so!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.