dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2019

1,277 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrs. RiRi G said:

Hi does the case status show as "transferred to NVC" ?

When u check status online or from uscis online account

6 hours ago, Ammy said:

Not yet :(

Same here😔

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
2 minutes ago, IloveDanang said:

any chance CO asks for 2018 transcript during the interview?  according to IRS website, my transcript won't we available till mid June.

From what I have learnt from recent posts is, If you couldn't submit recent years transcript to NVC, it is recommended to take tax transcript during interview. They may ask for Tax transcript. But I understand your situation and I am also in the same boat. So, It is better to write a letter of explanation ( by you) why it is not available and providing as much supporting document (pay stub, employment letter etc) to proof your income. Wish they don't ask for that though!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, IloveDanang said:

any chance CO asks for 2018 transcript during the interview?  according to IRS website, my transcript won't we available till mid June.

I don’t think so. They should only request/review documents uploaded on the CEAC website, unless they find something suspicious. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, garjisme said:

From what I have learnt from recent posts is, If you couldn't submit recent years transcript to NVC, it is recommended to take tax transcript during interview. They may ask for Tax transcript. But I understand your situation and I am also in the same boat. So, It is better to write a letter of explanation ( by you) why it is not available and providing as much supporting document (pay stub, employment letter etc) to proof your income. Wish they don't ask for that though!

well, I'm self-employed so that complicates it a little bit.  Another thing is that once it's available online to print, IRS site sends a "code" to your phone to verify that it is you that is logging in.  However, I plan to attend my wife's interview overseas so I'm not sure how I will get that "code" to log in.  

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
16 minutes ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

You will be fine. For me I first submitted the tax returns and they were rejected as they wanted 2017 OR 2018 transcripts.

I resubmitted the 2017 transcript on March 15th and I am still waiting for them to review......

Carlos Please let us know once your documents are reviewed/approved by NVC! Wishing you best of luck!

Edited by garjisme

Timeline
1 minute ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

I don’t think so. They should only request/review documents uploaded on the CEAC website, unless they find something suspicious. 

I hope you're right.  Our case is pretty straight forward, no previous marriages, kids, criminal records.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, IloveDanang said:

well, I'm self-employed so that complicates it a little bit.  Another thing is that once it's available online to print, IRS site sends a "code" to your phone to verify that it is you that is logging in.  However, I plan to attend my wife's interview overseas so I'm not sure how I will get that "code" to log in.  

The IRS can fax tax transcripts worldwide (you just have to call them). That’s how I got my 2017 tax transcripts as I don’t have a US phone for them to send the code.

good luck everyone! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, IloveDanang said:

From irs website:

After working with the tax preparation community, the Internal Revenue Service today announced it would stop its tax transcript faxing service as of Feb. 4, 2019, and offer a more secure alternative to taxpayers and tax professionals.”

12 hours ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

OMG I had the same thing happened to us. We got an RFE on March 6th. 

I resubmitted my tax transcripts on March 15th then on the 27th I got an email to check CEAC and there was nothing either! No new messages, and everything shows as “submitted”.

I called them and they told me to ignore that email, that it was sent by error and to just wait. I was told that it can take up to 3 weeks which for us will be tomorrow. I was also told that if by Monday April 8th still nothing then I needed to call back so a supervisor can escalate it. 

I hate this!

Thank God. So finally we got the long awaited documentarily qualified email. What an exhausting journey it was. After getting empty notifications twice. Yours on its way!

Edited by BoStar

Timeline
4 minutes ago, IloveDanang said:

From irs website:

After working with the tax preparation community, the Internal Revenue Service today announced it would stop its tax transcript faxing service as of Feb. 4, 2019, and offer a more secure alternative to taxpayers and tax professionals.”

Interesting, as they faxed my transcript the beginning of March......

2 minutes ago, BoStar said:

Thank God. So we finally we got the long awaited documentarily qualified email. What an exhaustibe journey it was. After getting empty notifications twice. Yours on its way!

This is great news!!!! So happy for you! 

Around what time did you received the email from them today?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I submitted docs on March 23 and I just logged in and saw I have a message that says “All required applicant documents have been received and approved.” I haven’t gotten an email yet. 

Does this mean the case is completed?

Edit: When I click on the message, it says DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Edited by zeeshan916

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.