Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey guys, quick question.

I just spoke to the NVC and the lady provided our case number but our case is still with the NVC. I checked the website and they gave "next 6 steps" but it is saying we have to pay the immigration fee for the D-260? I know the K-1 visa application (d-160) fee online is $265 and I know there is the "non-immigrant" and "immigrant" visa but we are doing the D-160 right? That's all I've read about for months now. So do we "have" to follow the 6 steps they said? When I spoke to the lady at NVC this morning she basically stated "their work" is done and now we deal with the US Embassy which I figured (and have read on this forum) but the link states for us to send all documents to the NVC and they will schedule our interview?? Is this how it usually done, but since we are doing the K-1 visa the process is different than most? And again there is the difference between the "immigrant visa" and "non immigrant visa"? I feel like we may be getting a mixed message. Can we just go and fill out and pay the fee for the D-160 application today with our NVC case number and then call to schedule our medical and interview today/this week with the US Embassy in Chile?

****I read that there is the K-1 visa fee which is $265 and the Immigrant visa fee which is $220. Being that we are doing the K-1 visa we are excluded from the $220? And is that the difference between the d-160 and the d-260? I hope I made sense.****

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Yes that question has been asked numerous times. Most who read evey new page learn that is for immigrant visas like CR1 but not for K1. IGNORE!!

Thank you!!!! Just didn't want to miss anything

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, KLin said:

Thanks for the great help! We will contact NVC within this week :)

Glad to be of help. Trying to be patient here...sometimes i just stalk to this forum and know things. Good luck to us. 😊

15 minutes ago, IBE2CA said:

Ok...so our case is also showing   "In transit"  whohooo!   Can someone tell me what I/we need to do in order to call and schedule the Interview and Medical?  I know we should wait for the packet3/4 info.  Will we need to send the DS-160 and pay the interview fees before they will book the interview?  I understand in Bogota they want your interview date in order to schedule the Medical exams?  Or if this is already explained somewhere else....please point me to the thread...Thnx

There are two things that you need to do now. Go to the subforum for your country or region and hook up with others. Second thing is go to your embassy website and look fo information concerning your next steps. Oh one mores reread the seatbelt post i made as there is a nugget of information that you missed.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 minutes ago, mzthang0820 said:

Thank you!!!! Just didn't want to miss anything

The problem is by not reading the thread you are missing things. Then either i or someone  but usually its me that has to repeat. Can you imagine that im in 10 threads and i read all of them fom where i left off so i don't miss someone comment. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

13 minutes ago, BriDi said:

Hey guys, quick question.

I just spoke to the NVC and the lady provided our case number but our case is still with the NVC. I checked the website and they gave "next 6 steps" but it is saying we have to pay the immigration fee for the D-260? I know the K-1 visa application (d-160) fee online is $265 and I know there is the "non-immigrant" and "immigrant" visa but we are doing the D-160 right? That's all I've read about for months now. So do we "have" to follow the 6 steps they said? When I spoke to the lady at NVC this morning she basically stated "their work" is done and now we deal with the US Embassy which I figured (and have read on this forum) but the link states for us to send all documents to the NVC and they will schedule our interview?? Is this how it usually done, but since we are doing the K-1 visa the process is different than most? And again there is the difference between the "immigrant visa" and "non immigrant visa"? I feel like we may be getting a mixed message. Can we just go and fill out and pay the fee for the D-160 application today with our NVC case number and then call to schedule our medical and interview today/this week with the US Embassy in Chile?

****I read that there is the K-1 visa fee which is $265 and the Immigrant visa fee which is $220. Being that we are doing the K-1 visa we are excluded from the $220? And is that the difference between the d-160 and the d-260? I hope I made sense.****

Thanks

Go back 2 pages and that question was asked and answered. The proper way to use this website is to remember where you left off the last time you were on then begin reading to the end and now you have additional information from questions asked by others. Please start that habit.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 час назад Бриди сказал:

Эй, ребята, быстрый вопрос.

Я только что говорил с NVC, и леди предоставила наш номер дела, но наше дело все еще с NVC . Я проверил сайт, и они дали «следующие 6 шагов», но он говорит, что мы должны заплатить иммиграционный сбор за D-260? Я знаю, что плата за подачу заявления на визу K-1 (d-160) онлайн составляет $ 265, и я знаю, что есть виза «не иммигрантская» и «иммигрантская», но мы правильно делаем D-160? Это все, что я читал уже несколько месяцев. Так нужно ли нам следовать 6 шагам, которые они сказали? Когда я говорил с дамой в NVC этим утром, она в основном заявила, что «их работа» завершена, и теперь мы имеем дело с посольством США, которое я выяснил (и прочитал на этом форуме), но ссылка указывает на то, что мы должны отправить все документы в NVCи они назначат наше интервью ?? Это обычно так, но так как мы делаем визу К-1, процесс отличается от большинства? И опять-таки, есть ли разница между «иммиграционной визой» и «неиммиграционной визой»? Я чувствую, что мы можем получить смешанное сообщение. Можем ли мы просто пойти, заполнить и оплатить сбор за заявление D-160 сегодня, указав номер нашего дела в NVC, а затем позвонить, чтобы запланировать наше медицинское обследование и собеседование сегодня / на этой неделе в посольстве США в Чили?

**** Я читал, что есть плата за визу K-1, которая составляет 265 долларов США, и плата за визу для иммигрантов, которая составляет 220 долларов США. Из-за того, что мы делаем визу К-1, мы исключены из $ 220? И в этом ли разница между d-160 и d-260? Надеюсь, я понял. ****

Спасибо

How did you get through to the NVC? My fiancé called them and no one answered for two days. He hears an answering machine that all information can be obtained on the website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, O. Johnson said:

How did you get through to the NVC? My fiancé called them and no one answered for two days. He hears an answering machine that all information can be obtained on the website.

I got the recording all day yesterday then called the second number that greenbaum posted on the first page and it worked! Try calling it, the number is 603-334-0888

I was on hold for maybe 5 mins then was put through to a lady that asked me my full name, who I was on the visa, my date of birth and my receipt number. She then gave me our case number and invoice number. Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, StephanieB said:

I got the recording all day yesterday then called the second number that greenbaum posted on the first page and it worked! Try calling it, the number is 603-334-0888

I was on hold for maybe 5 mins then was put through to a lady that asked me my full name, who I was on the visa, my date of birth and my receipt number. She then gave me our case number and invoice number. Good luck! 

Thank you so much! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.