Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

What did you ask them? If you just  sent in a update to your email address they won't usually  send  confirmation of that. You must ask them to notify you via email once your case arrives  and ask them for notifications once your case number is assigned and your case leaves NVC.

Oh shoot! I didn't ask for them to email me confirmation of the email address update. Thanks for the advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

we spoke to the NVC yesterday to try and get a copy of our case number via email for my medical exam. The lady we spoke to said they won’t do this until the case is at the embassy, can anyone confirm this or were we misunderstood?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone (NOA2 04/13/2019), I've really enjoyed reading through everyone's experience on here.

Does anyone know if there is a blog post specifically for the Frankfurt, Germany Consulate for K1 fillers and if so could you point me in that direction?  We are gathering information and documents that will be required for the P3 and have a specific German questions that I couldn't find the answer to on the Frankfurt website.  Maybe someone here might know to. 

For the Germany police report (Führungszeugnis) my fiancee obtained one in January 2019 but it was a more detailed one required by her job since she works with young children (Erweitertes Führungszeugnis). I wanted to know first, how long the Führungszeugnis is good for, and second, if the Erweitertes Führungszeugnis she has will be acceptable at the consulate since it is a more detailed report than what they ask for.

1 hour ago, jrs439 said:

Hi everyone (NOA2 04/13/2019), I've really enjoyed reading through everyone's experience on here.

Does anyone know if there is a blog post specifically for the Frankfurt, Germany Consulate for K1 fillers and if so could you point me in that direction?  We are gathering information and documents that will be required for the P3 and have a specific German questions that I couldn't find the answer to on the Frankfurt website.  Maybe someone here might know to. 

For the Germany police report (Führungszeugnis) my fiancee obtained one in January 2019 but it was a more detailed one required by her job since she works with young children (Erweitertes Führungszeugnis). I wanted to know first, how long the Führungszeugnis is good for, and second, if the Erweitertes Führungszeugnis she has will be acceptable at the consulate since it is a more detailed report than what they ask for.

2 hours ago, brandonflude1 said:

Hi all,

we spoke to the NVC yesterday to try and get a copy of our case number via email for my medical exam. The lady we spoke to said they won’t do this until the case is at the embassy, can anyone confirm this or were we misunderstood?

Call again as it can be done. Some do some don't. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

4 hours ago, ADandSL said:

Hey guys!!

I just realized I made a BIG mistake on the I-129F!!! I wrote incorrect city for my fiancee's city of birth. How do I fix this before it gets sent to the NVC??

If you have been granted approval by USCIS then you have to wait and correct at the interview.  It's done all the time. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, jrs439 said:

Hey hey, so this is from the most recent version of the Frankfurt package 3:

https://de.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/Instructions-for-IV-and-K-Visa-Applicants.pdf

"POLICE CERTIFICATE (original & one copy): Each applicant aged 16 years or older must present a police certificate, if obtainable, from his/her country of current residence and country of nationality (if the applicant resided there for more than six months). Police certificates are required from countries of previous residence, if residence there was for more than one year. Police certificates do not require an Apostille. The certificate from your current country of residence must be of recent date (not older than 12 months) when presented to the consular officer."

So a January 2019 erweitertes Führungszeugnis should be fine, it's good until Jan 2020 and I wouldn't worry about the fact that it's the extended version, after all it's not specified and even more info than they ask for - so I'd just use that one :) 

Edited by Kat & K

2 hours ago, ADandSL said:

Are there any documents that need to be submitted to the NVC as part as the application process in addition to the DS 160?

Nothing goes to NVC including the DS-160.  That's done on line.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hello everyone! Our case was approved on 04/23, I just got the approval letter and am waiting for NVC processing.

Anything I should do right now to prepare?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
59 minutes ago, HappyGummyBear7 said:

Hello everyone! Our case was approved on 04/23, I just got the approval letter and am waiting for NVC processing.

Anything I should do right now to prepare?

Start getting the I-134f and supporting evidence ready. Make sure your beneficiary’s passport isn’t gonna expire, brith certificate has an English translation etc 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, brandonflude1 said:

Hi all,

When you get a date for an interview, you can pay and do a medical examination.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, HandN11213 said:

Start getting the I-134f and supporting evidence ready. Make sure your beneficiary’s passport isn’t gonna expire, brith certificate has an English translation etc 

Thank you so much! I'll start right away.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.