mari04

question on expedite

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

I requested expedite based on the emergency situation on Monday. Now it says below. What does this mean? 

Case History

• 03/25/2019
    sign_icon.png

On March 25, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXX, was completed.

• 03/25/2019
    sign_icon.png

On March 25, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXXX.

• 03/25/2019
    sign_icon.png

On March 25, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

It means they've made a decision on your expedite request and you'll receive it in the mail. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Try to avoid getting too excited.  This does not mean they have approved your request.  It just means they have made a decision on your request.  But good luck and God Bless anyway,  Aloha david

Timeline

I am just trying to figure out if I need to go back to San Diego. Due to emergency situation I live in Mexico with my fiancee. She is taking care of me. I need to understand if I need to go back to San Diego to pick up mail or I can find out on any other way. If it is rejection we will have to wait it out here in Mexico. If approval she has to go back to her home country for interview etc. It is extremely hard for me physically to go through the border. I am gravely ill. So, if I can find out without going back to my place it would be helpful.

Edited by mari04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
39 minutes ago, mari04 said:

I am just trying to figure out if I need to go back to San Diego. Due to emergency situation I live in Mexico with my fiancee. She is taking care of me. I need to understand if I need to go back to San Diego to pick up mail or I can find out on any other way. If it is rejection we will have to wait it out here in Mexico. If approval she has to go back to her home country for interview etc. It is extremely hard for me physically to go through the border. I am gravely ill. So, if I can find out without going back to my place it would be helpful.

Well when I requested an expedition I never got all those updates I just got  confirmation via email that they got my request and then a flat out denail via email. They never even did all that so here’s hoping for the best 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Timeline
14 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Well when I requested an expedition I never got all those updates I just got  confirmation via email that they got my request and then a flat out denail via email. They never even did all that so here’s hoping for the best 

thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, mari04 said:

Hello,

I requested expedite based on the emergency situation on Monday. Now it says below. What does this mean? 

Case History

• 03/25/2019
    sign_icon.png

On March 25, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXX, was completed.

• 03/25/2019
    sign_icon.png

On March 25, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXXX.

• 03/25/2019
    sign_icon.png

On March 25, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

Expect a letter either in your email or your mail box about sending in evidence of the medical situation.....

9 hours ago, mari04 said:

It's going to go to what ever address you provided, so if it's a San Diego address, then that's where it'll go. 

The letter you get in the mail will tell you what you need to do.

Is your fiance in mexico legally? I've seen people do K-1 within another country that wasn't their home country while having a valid visa.

They don't approve any expedite without proof though, so it'll either be a denial or a request for proof. 

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You just have to wait for either the mail or notification. After ours had this status on site, we received a notification about an action and after logging in it said card being produced hence approved. https://marecaranne.blogspot.com/2019/01/ead-expedite.html

So sorry about your situation and I hope it gets better.

Want to waste time? Check this out: https://marecaranne.com/

Pictures than read? https://www.instagram.com/marecaranne/?ref=badge

Videos with mostly adrenaline? http://www.youtube.com/c/MarecaranneBlogspot

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ash.1101 said:

It's going to go to what ever address you provided, so if it's a San Diego address, then that's where it'll go. 

The letter you get in the mail will tell you what you need to do.

Is your fiance in mexico legally? I've seen people do K-1 within another country that wasn't their home country while having a valid visa.

They don't approve any expedite without proof though, so it'll either be a denial or a request for proof. 

Well like we all know here every case is different. My spouse and I simply called us consulate and a kind hearted lady provided an email asking us to email and explain our situation. We did not have any proof except that I have been living with our US citizen kids alone for over a year and they did not bother asking for any proof that they are still here with me,no passport stamp, nothing,they simply accepted our request by email which was on march on march 8th paid all fees and 3 days later payment was cleared and we got my interview date march 25th and medicals were done on 11th here I am now just waiting for my passport. So OP don't be discouraged and check your emails frequently if you used yours and your wife's, make sure you always check both. Goodluck and heal fast.

22 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Well like we all know here every case is different. My spouse and I simply called us consulate and a kind hearted lady provided an email asking us to email and explain our situation. We did not have any proof except that I have been living with our US citizen kids alone for over a year and they did not bother asking for any proof that they are still here with me,no passport stamp, nothing,they simply accepted our request by email which was on march on march 8th paid all fees and 3 days later payment was cleared and we got my interview date march 25th and medicals were done on 11th here I am now just waiting for my passport. So OP don't be discouraged and check your emails frequently if you used yours and your wife's, make sure you always check both. Goodluck and heal fast.

In this case you were already married, so you're already legally and financially bound.

Your ties to each other are MUCH stronger on a paperwork standpoint than if you were on a K-1.

K-1 is a promise to the government that you'll get married within 90 days to this person sponsoring you and that you won't just take off and run. I don't think I've seen a K-1 expedite that didn't require some form of proof.

In this case the USC OP is living in Mexico with his Russian fiance, their health is bad and their fiance is the care taker. They're also saying that their Russian fiance will have to leave Mexico to do their interview (which implies that their fiance is no longer legal in mexico). They don't want to go back into the USC to check their mail to find out if they approved, denied, or requested for more proof. lol (They said they are gravely ill and don't WANT to go, not that they can't go)

Depending on how much of that they told USCIS, I wouldn't expect an approval without proof.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
On 3/28/2019 at 9:27 AM, mniceguy16 said:

Thank you! I went to San Diego today. It turned out that they needed proof to be faxed to them. I already had everything they requested in hand and faxed it. So, everything looks good. 

Regarding status: my fiancee is legally in Mexico on 180 days tourist visa. She left, came back in a week and they gave her another 180 days.  She is legal here but unless she is permanent resident in mexico she cannot have interview here. Thus, once we get expedite she will go back and have interview in her home country.

Timeline
On 3/28/2019 at 9:48 AM, Ash.1101 said:

Ash, before making any assumptions you need to start comprehending better.  She is legal here. And yes, I am gravely ill and it is hard for me to go through the border as there is always 30 minutes line. And save LOL to yourself while getting better education.

In this case you were already married, so you're already legally and financially bound.

Your ties to each other are MUCH stronger on a paperwork standpoint than if you were on a K-1.

K-1 is a promise to the government that you'll get married within 90 days to this person sponsoring you and that you won't just take off and run. I don't think I've seen a K-1 expedite that didn't require some form of proof.

In this case the USC OP is living in Mexico with his Russian fiance, their health is bad and their fiance is the care taker. They're also saying that their Russian fiance will have to leave Mexico to do their interview (which implies that their fiance is no longer legal in mexico). They don't want to go back into the USC to check their mail to find out if they approved, denied, or requested for more proof. lol (They said they are gravely ill and don't WANT to go, not that they can't go)

Depending on how much of that they told USCIS, I wouldn't expect an approval without proof.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.