TBoneTX

January 2019 K-1 NOA2 ---> NVC (Part 2)

277 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anybody had an issue while filling out ds160 finished, uploaded the photo it says it passed the quality test goes to confirm photo  then I can’t click review it’s greyed out. Any suggestions?

54 minutes ago, Hurryupnwait said:

Anybody had an issue while filling out ds160 finished, uploaded the photo it says it passed the quality test goes to confirm photo  then I can’t click review it’s greyed out. Any suggestions?

Give it a day or so and try again. If it fails a second time then just bring the photo to the interview. This has happened to others. Seems to be a hiccup in the system.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, HillsHaveEyes said:

Good evening everyone! I’ve read through the topic some and am very happy to see so many have reached the final stages, even received their Visas which is great. That being said, I’ve been on a holding pattern with my fiancé due to some vaccinations prior to the medical exam, and figuring out some other details. I wanted to see if someone could provide a little guidance because some of the details seem blurry, and there are some contradictions I’ve found about some specifics, so what better way to have clarification than by the successful experiences of others!

Our case is ready at the embassy and we’re soon able to take the next steps. My confusion is about the specific order. Is this the proper order?: 1. Fill out the DS-160. 2. Schedule the interview. 3. Pay the fee. One FAQ site seems to indicate you have to pay the fee first, but I suspect this is relating to a tourist visa as an example and not the K-1. It seems you need the receipt number from the DS-160 to schedule the interview, and possibly to have filed the DS-160 to even be able to make the payment on the website (I tried clicking through to pay the fee first and it did not allow me to make it to the next step). 

One more detail, is I will be relocating to another state across the country in one week. I am staying with a relative to start and upon settling in and starting work, I will get my own place. I have read that in order to do the physical, you need the address where the applicant will be staying. How stringent is this requirement? Will there be an issue to use the relatives address if the timing works out this way, or should I be looking to get my own place as absolutely quickly as possible and only use this address that will be the actual location my fiancé and I end up at?

Any clarification or guidance on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Q1. You complete the DS-160. You pay the interview fee. You schedule the interview. You complete the medical. You attend the interview. The visa is either a picked up at the Embassy or it is sent to the beneficiary. Each embassy can be different so follow their requirements. See the link below for all that is required from your Embassy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oKWdxcyD7xEYWgO8g58VPC0_Hc4QZprj/view?usp=sharing

Q2. You'll need a physical address that you can receive mail from as you will receive the NOA1, NOA2 and case number from NVC. USCIS does require you keep them update on any new address. Since many of these notices come weeks/months apart you should have no problem advising USCIS of address changes when moving. Address changes can be done online at USCIS.gov.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Can any of you who have completed your interview answer this question: 

i’m getting all my paperwork in order for my interview next week, in the 2 emails I have received from the embassy in Dublin (there are the exact same email sent at different times) it states you must have all your documents in the order it states in the email, adds to the confusing that the second and last item on that list is the same thing. However, on the actual website, where you’re sent to in the email, the checklist has a different order which the paper work needs to be in. What one should I follow??

1 hour ago, Loo1 said:

Can any of you who have completed your interview answer this question: 

i’m getting all my paperwork in order for my interview next week, in the 2 emails I have received from the embassy in Dublin (there are the exact same email sent at different times) it states you must have all your documents in the order it states in the email, adds to the confusing that the second and last item on that list is the same thing. However, on the actual website, where you’re sent to in the email, the checklist has a different order which the paper work needs to be in. What one should I follow??

Here is a thread that had some discussion about the Embassy procedure there in Ireland.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/673780-dublin-embassy-how-long-after-submitting-a-notice-of-readiness-were-you-contacted/?page=4

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Ok did ds160 etc etc now I registered  to go pay but on case I’d I put the wac number and it says format incorrect is there some other number I’m shoutouts be using 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Give it a day or so and try again. If it fails a second time then just bring the photo to the interview. This has happened to others. Seems to be a hiccup in the system.

Got it done

1 hour ago, Hurryupnwait said:

Ok did ds160 etc etc now I registered  to go pay but on case I’d I put the wac number and it says format incorrect is there some other number I’m shoutouts be using 

Here, follow these steps.  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/visa-payment.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

interview today..

1st window (Chinese singaporean?)
Passport
Birth certificate (orig & copy) 
Rom (orig & copy)
Police certs (orig)
Did you live to other country other than ph and sg
I134
Latest tax return (i gave 2018)
Did you go for medical already? When? 
Did you register to aramex
Us visa photo 2x
Gave imbra pamphlet to read
And a format letter in case there's an additional documents to submit 

2nd window (white old man) 
Swear to tell truth 
Biometrics
He checked documents 
Did you live to other country other than ph and sg
How did you meet ? When?
When did you first met?
Where in usa?
How long?
How many times more did you meet after that?
How do you communicate 
When was the last time you met?
Where in usa?
How long?
Did he visited you in Singapore? Ph?
How long?
What does he do?
Explain in your own words the imbra pamphlet
Gave back original birth certificate and rom
When did you go for medical? 

Are you traveling anytime soon? Ok so we will keep your passport, and the only thing we're waiting to issue your visa is the medical so im gonna give you this paper (221g), and the next notification you will receive is from aramex.

oh...Fullerton,..why oh why... sigh

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-27 at 2.04.28 PM.jpeg

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
11 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

that link doesnt work. My confusion is what to follow, their checklist on the website or the email-which asks for the same thing twice. I'm probably 100% overthinking this

Edited by Loo1

3 hours ago, Loo1 said:

that link doesnt work. My confusion is what to follow, their checklist on the website or the email-which asks for the same thing twice. I'm probably 100% overthinking this

Pick the one you want to follow. Make a copy of the checklist you chose to follow and bring it along to the interview in the event there are any questions. You can explain this away easily. They are not going to deny you entrance or deny your visa based on not knowing what checklist they wanted you to follow. Yes, you are overthinking this. At the end of the interview you'll (beneficiary) walk out of the interview after only being in front of the CO for 5 min and you'll ask yourself "all that for 5 min". :yes:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Timeline
12 hours ago, ourjourney_pc said:

Are you traveling anytime soon? Ok so we will keep your passport, and the only thing we're waiting to issue your visa is the medical so im gonna give you this paper (221g), and the next notification you will receive is from aramex.

oh...Fullerton,..why oh why... sigh

It sounds like you're approved pending your medical results. That's not bad! Congrats!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
5 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

It sounds like you're approved pending your medical results. That's not bad! Congrats!

Yeah, kinda like you want to celebrate but you really cant 😕

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.