tcy

How long does Green Card take to arrive in mail

20 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

I was granted IR1 visa and moved to USA exactly a month ago. I've already got my SS card but I'm still waiting to receive my Green Card in my mail. Can anyone tell me how many days does it currently take to receive your 10 yr green card? 

Any help will be highly appreciated 

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Some get it in 4 weeks .. others 6 months. No rhyme or reason. I assume you have paid the $220 Green Card fee. Standard USCIS processing time is 120 days. Your stamped visa in your passport gives you all the benefits of LPR that the actual  GC does 

2 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Some get it in 4 weeks .. others 6 months. No rhyme or reason. I assume you have paid the $220 Green Card fee. Standard USCIS processing time is 120 days. Your stamped visa in your passport gives you all the benefits of LPR that the actual  GC does 

Hi.  Yes I paid my immigrants fee before travelling to USA. Hoping the card comes soon

3 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

Some people get it in 2-3 weeks. Some people get it in 2-3 months. Seems random.

Oh I see... I heard few months ago that it doesn't take very long... You'll get it within a month itself.. But it's already a month so I started wondering... Can I call USCIS and inquire about it? I have alien registration number and case number.. Can they track it with it? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to General Immigration-Related Discussion.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

18 hours ago, tcy said:

Oh I see... I heard few months ago that it doesn't take very long... You'll get it within a month itself.. But it's already a month so I started wondering... Can I call USCIS and inquire about it? I have alien registration number and case number.. Can they track it with it? 

I think they normally tell you to wait two months before enquiring when it comes to a green card.  Remember your endorsed immigrant visa is a temporary green card and works for anything you need proof of status for.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:58 PM, tcy said:

Hi Everyone, 

I was granted IR1 visa and moved to USA exactly a month ago. I've already got my SS card but I'm still waiting to receive my Green Card in my mail. Can anyone tell me how many days does it currently take to receive your 10 yr green card? 

Any help will be highly appreciated 

Thanks

My wife entered USA and got the passport stamps on Feb 5th. Still no sign of SS card nor the Green Card yet.
USCIS shows I-551 in process. 
Do you mind share your experience and process you went through after entering USA? I just want to make sure I did not miss anything.
I appreciated it .

17 hours ago, Ru & Ben said:

My wife entered USA and got the passport stamps on Feb 5th. Still no sign of SS card nor the Green Card yet.
Do you mind share your experience and process you went through after entering USA? I just want to make sure I did not miss anything.
I appreciated it .

Hi :) 

Oh yes definitely I'd like to help you in any way I can.. So the immigration process at DFW airport was fine. The officer clicked my picture and took the sealed envelope and my passport and asked me to wait in a separate room for further processing.. I had to wait like 15-20 minutes after which I was handed my passport back. ( I read somewhere if you don't get your SS Card on time then you probably need to go their office and apply for it. Not sure if that's true) 

but in my case I didn't really need to do anything for the SS card.. It arrived on 28th or 1St of March. I do remember seeing the card was issued on 19th of Feb and Mailed on 21st. I was pleasantly surprised to see how quick the SS card was issued and hoped my GC will be here soon but no I'm still waiting... :(

BTW how did you check status of your GC?  What info is needed for that? 

On 3/19/2019 at 6:06 PM, Ru & Ben said:

I appreciated it .

My wife arrived on Feb 3. She received her SS card on Feb 20. But, no sign of green card. Looks like, this particular process has slowed down......USCIS is taking 3-4 months to send Green Cards after entry nowadays.

It used to be 2-4 weeks......!

17 hours ago, rana300 said:

My wife arrived on Feb 3. She received her SS card on Feb 20. But, no sign of green card. Looks like, this particular process has slowed down......USCIS is taking 3-4 months to send Green Cards after entry nowadays.

It used to be 2-4 weeks......!

Hi.  Oh that's long :( you know my cousin brother arrived in USA on 24th Jan 2019 through F4 visa.  He told me he got his green card within 4 weeks itself. I wonder if USCIS is actually delaying the process or going slow particularly for those who came on spouse visa. Don't know. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

Thankfully my online status says "card produced- non DACA". It has been mailed. Hoping to get it soon! 😊😊

I was just wondering what's DACA got to do with spouse visa. Can anyone explain what USCIS means by Non DACA thing? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Changes in what those in DACA status are eligible/ineligible for.  The note on your status is a good thing.  Congratulations!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/11/2019 at 12:47 AM, tcy said:

Hi everybody!

Thankfully my online status says "card produced- non DACA". It has been mailed. Hoping to get it soon! 😊😊

I was just wondering what's DACA got to do with spouse visa. Can anyone explain what USCIS means by Non DACA thing? 

Hello,

How do you check the status of the Green Card? My husband entered the US 3/30 and recived his social security card on 4/8/19 via mail. USCIS status still says they sent our file to the Dept of State... seems like it is never up to date. Any info is much appreciated.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, GigglesRR said:

Hello,

How do you check the status of the Green Card? My husband entered the US 3/30 and recived his social security card on 4/8/19 via mail. USCIS status still says they sent our file to the Dept of State... seems like it is never up to date. Any info is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi. I signed up and created an account with USCIS to keep a track of my Green cards status. There's another way. You can also check your status online by going on their website 

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

All you need is the receipt number that was given to you when you paid the immigrants fee for the processing of green card. I was tracking it both the ways... Hope this helps. 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.