C90

Philadelphia 2017/2018 AOS filers

60 posts in this topic

Just curious what some other peoples status may be since the Philadelphia office recently re-opened? I'm a March filer and still haven't heard anything regarding my biometrics appointment yet.

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

1 hour ago, soco said:

Just curious what some other peoples status may be since the Philadelphia office recently re-opened? I'm a March filer and still haven't heard anything regarding my biometrics appointment yet.

We still haven't had our interview rescheduled (or waived). :( 

54 minutes ago, H&G said:

We still haven't had our interview rescheduled (or waived). :( 

Wow hopefully we here something soon, either Philadelphia seems to have a big backlog or they are reduced in staff numbers? Things seem to be taking longer for us.

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

Not sure, but is there a way to call and find out what's going on or see where they are at?

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got interviewed today. Really great experience. Our IO was very friendly and assured us several times that this wasn't an antagonistic process and interview.

We first went over the information on the I-485. The IO then asked for any additional joint documents we wanted to add to our file. Finally, he asked us about our timeline, from how and when we met to when we got married to what we're doing now. He told us we were approved before he walked us back out. The whole thing was done in about 20-25 minutes. 15 minutes after we left, I got a text and email notifying us that the case status had been updated to new card is being produced :)

Fwiw, our IO says we were his third interview today, and that today was his first day back since the shutdown in March. 

Hope everyone else start hearing back!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, soco said:

Not sure, but is there a way to call and find out what's going on or see where they are at?

So my wife just called USCIS to inquire again and they said they mailed out an appointment letter yesterday for her. No updates on our account yet so we’ll have to wait for it to arrive. Hopefully it’s smooth sailing for now. She also asked to expedite for a job offer and they began the process. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

So my wife just called USCIS to inquire again and they said they mailed out an appointment letter yesterday for her. No updates on our account yet so we’ll have to wait for it to arrive. Hopefully it’s smooth sailing for now. She also asked to expedite for a job offer and they began the process. 

We didn't get an update in our case either. The notice just arrived 4 days after the notice date.

4 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

That's good to hear, does your wife have an offer letter on hand? My wife has had a lot of companies asking to interview her but we've been holding off until the EAD came. 

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, soco said:

That's good to hear, does your wife have an offer letter on hand? My wife has had a lot of companies asking to interview her but we've been holding off until the EAD came. 

She’s works in medicine and is in contact with a few recruiters for hospitals, so while not technically an offer they keep saying they’ll get her placement and interviews when she gets her EAD

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

But y'all aware that all of that has nothing to do with your field office right? That's all NBC until the interview appointment gets scheduled. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

But y'all aware that all of that has nothing to do with your field office right? That's all NBC until the interview appointment gets scheduled. 

Actually, in my case, both the field office and NBC mailed me interview notices.

Filed office sent me an interview notice, dated 7-7-2020, for a 7-29-2020 interview.

NBC sent me an interview notice, dated 7-8-2020, for a 8-13-2020 interview.

I received them both on the same day.

I called USCIS and talked to a Tier 2 officer, and she filed a service request with the Philly field office to clarify what the actual date was. Service request response came back two days later saying the field office notice controls, meaning our interview was 7-29. 

My wife just got her biometrics appointment letter for Philly! Appointment is scheduled for 8/13/20.

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else at the Philly field office have updates to their cases? We still haven't heard anything, feeling really hopeless. I know that naturalization's are the high priority now, but I didn't think it would have taken this long to be rescheduled since we were 1 day away from our interview when they closed for coronavirus. :( 

• 4 weeks later...

Today we received the approval letter for both I-130 and I-485 (concurrent filing). 

Interview was supposed to be on March 25th, but rescheduled to Sept 8th. The interview only took 20min. Officer was very nice and at the end of interview he said he will approve our case. 3 hours later on same day, we got an update saying “new card is being produced” 😁

Status changed to “card was mailed” on Sept 11th. Then my husband finally got his GC on Sept 16th, which shocked all of us who saw the expiration year in 2030! We were approved for 10-year GC! 

To those still waiting for an update, hang in there! The office is working very hard to catch up after the lockdown, but you’ll get there! Be ready for the interview and don’t be late! 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.