Jump to content
C90

Philadelphia 2017/2018 AOS filers

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Since I couldn't find a Philadelphia field office specific topic, I figured I create one and give it a shot!

Filed AOS in September 2018, have been ready for interview since October 2018, so we still have a good wait in front of us!

 

Any Philly filers that filed in 2017/2018, please chime in so we can get an idea of the processing times (besides the processing times chart on VJ) and for some Philly support.

 

Happy Sunday everyone!

Edited by millefleur
Corrected spelling error in title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I have been a silent follower on this group.

 

My EAD was approved got an email notification today via the new site.

 

Case submitted - October09, 2018

 

Approved -- April 15, 2019

 

 

Adjustment of status still waiting has been ready to schedule for interview since 4th March

 

LFO- Philadelphia.

 

.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

We are also filers from Philadelphia. Yesterday EAD status finally turned to "Card was mailed to me",so this and advance parole is coming it mail anytime soon. As for Green Card - "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview" since November,13.

It would be nice to know some latest cases that were scheduled for interview,wonder how long they waited.


 

 

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to know timeline for somebody in Philly office, it's below, in my signature. Basically from what I saw on VJ it takes about a year to get an AOS interview in the Philly office...


AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice to see some Philly filers, since I didn't really see many on this site yet!

 

Congrats on everyone for the EAD/AP! How's the job hunting going?

Mine was approved in February and gonna start my new job on Monday :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 6:17 PM, Tella&T said:

Basically from what I saw on VJ it takes about a year to get an AOS interview in the Philly office...

Hopefully it take an year and not longer...

This wait times are just too long.

 

Surprisingly Baltimore/Washington DC is quicker than us as I saw in one forum many October filler have got the interview date.

 

On 4/17/2019 at 9:42 PM, C90 said:

It's nice to see some Philly filers, since I didn't really see many on this site yet!

 

Congrats on everyone for the EAD/AP! How's the job hunting going?

Mine was approved in February and gonna start my new job on Monday :) 

Good luck on the new job.

 

I will start looking, currently I am on H1B visa so working but trying to find something better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, harshu195 said:

Hopefully it take an year and not longer...

This wait times are just too long.

 

Surprisingly Baltimore/Washington DC is quicker than us as I saw in one forum many October filler have got the interview date.

I know, weird right. Let's hope we all have our green cards soon!

9 hours ago, harshu195 said:

Good luck on the new job.

 

I will start looking, currently I am on H1B visa so working but trying to find something better.

Thanks! Are you adjusting status from H1B?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 6:17 PM, Tella&T said:

If you want to know timeline for somebody in Philly office, it's below, in my signature. Basically from what I saw on VJ it takes about a year to get an AOS interview in the Philly office...

Thank you! Your EAD arrived much earlier than ours. We finally just today received EAD with endorsement for advance parole. Filed everything on 09/26/18,but we were unlucky to get RFE for everything,but still it took so long...Gosh..till now 04/19/19. We had our status "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview" for a very long time though,since last year (this status changed pretty quickly once they got response for RFE on I-485, so maybe it is a good thing,because I saw a lot of people who's status is something like "Fingerprint review was complete" for a very very long time...

Edited by Andreypa

 

 

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, harshu195 said:

 

Surprisingly Baltimore/Washington DC is quicker than us as I saw in one forum many October filler have got the interview date.

 

Hello,yes they are much quicker on that...and if you also compare Baltimore and DC to Philadelphia - they are 3 times smaller in population. We know somebody from Tulsa (Oklahoma) for instance, a couple got their interview faster than I heard anybody would get it.


 

 

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, C90 said:

Are you adjusting status from H1B?

Yes.

8 hours ago, Andreypa said:

Hello,yes they are much quicker on that...and if you also compare Baltimore and DC to Philadelphia - they are 3 times smaller in population. We know somebody from Tulsa (Oklahoma) for instance, a couple got their interview faster than I heard anybody would get it.

Yup agreed

 

Let's hope for the best for us!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×