C90

Philadelphia 2017/2018 AOS filers

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 hours ago, harshu195 said:

Hi,

Can you provide a list of documents that you had carried and submitted to the officer?

Thanks,

Harsh

A copy of the full AOS application, updated I-864 + required documentation, birth certificate from both me and my husband, original and copies of all ID's (both DL's, both passports, K1 visa, EAD/AP card), copy of all I-797's (EAD/AP/AOS), interview letter, shared bills, proof that my husband is on my health insurance / beneficiary of life insurance, pictures of the wedding and with family/friends on different occasions, car/home insurance on both names, car registration on both names, copy of shared cc's, bank statements that proof that we have an active shared bank account.

Make sure you bring all originals AND copies. The officer didn't ask for any of the documents that were required on the interview letter (my husbands birth certificate, passport etc), but officially you have to take original and copy. If you fail to provide a copy they may keep the originals.

Also, we brought cards from the wedding and holidays that my family in law had sent us, but the officer said he didn't accept that (with a smile) because the file was already so big lol. But he said some officers do accept it. So better take a little too much than too little.

1 hour ago, C90 said:

A copy of the full AOS application, updated I-864 + required documentation, birth certificate from both me and my husband, original and copies of all ID's (both DL's, both passports, K1 visa, EAD/AP card), copy of all I-797's (EAD/AP/AOS), interview letter, shared bills, proof that my husband is on my health insurance / beneficiary of life insurance, pictures of the wedding and with family/friends on different occasions, car/home insurance on both names, car registration on both names, copy of shared cc's, bank statements that proof that we have an active shared bank account.

Make sure you bring all originals AND copies. The officer didn't ask for any of the documents that were required on the interview letter (my husbands birth certificate, passport etc), but officially you have to take original and copy. If you fail to provide a copy they may keep the originals.

Also, we brought cards from the wedding and holidays that my family in law had sent us, but the officer said he didn't accept that (with a smile) because the file was already so big lol. But he said some officers do accept it. So better take a little too much than too little.

Thanks a lot for this information.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/9/2019 at 7:54 PM, harshu195 said:

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏

Praying for mine now 🙏 it's on 7/18. 🤐😑

How did your interview go?

4 minutes ago, C90 said:

How did your interview go?

The interview was pretty straight forward asked about how we met and the dates from the I-485 form, and the general questions.

Asked about my job (I am currently on H1-B visa) and my wife's job and income.

Took her paystubs.

Looked at our marriage certificate and asked for more evidence and also photographs had them all, handed it over to the officer.

At the end the told there is lot of case burden ,they will process the case and let me know what the out come is and if they need any additional information they will reach out, but then the officer said she thinks she has all the information they need.

Fingers crossed waiting for any updates on the case, nothing as of now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saying hi -- another K1 visa person from Philly. My husband moved here February 3rd of this year (2019). We filed K1 in February 2018, so it took a full year. We married March 3rd and filed AOS/EAD/AP right after that. Had biometrics a few weeks later and then just sit and wait...feels like forever. My husband's father is very ill and he has been trying to get them to expedite AP. Wrote to congressperson, contacted USCIS a zillion times...so far nothing. Philly does not take infopass appointments or walk ins. So basically you are just at the mercy of the operator who answers (IF they answer...many days he can't get through at all). It's so stressful with visas right now! Anyway, just saying hi to other philly people!

Timeline
On 8/2/2019 at 12:18 AM, americaninlove said:

Just saying hi -- another K1 visa person from Philly. My husband moved here February 3rd of this year (2019). We filed K1 in February 2018, so it took a full year. We married March 3rd and filed AOS/EAD/AP right after that. Had biometrics a few weeks later and then just sit and wait...feels like forever. My husband's father is very ill and he has been trying to get them to expedite AP. Wrote to congressperson, contacted USCIS a zillion times...so far nothing. Philly does not take infopass appointments or walk ins. So basically you are just at the mercy of the operator who answers (IF they answer...many days he can't get through at all). It's so stressful with visas right now! Anyway, just saying hi to other philly people!

I'm sorry to read about your husbands father. When I was a the Philly office a few weeks ago, I did see people who looked like they were having an info pass appointment. Did your husband call USCIS? Info pass appointments (for most offices now) can only be made over the phone. 

Timeline
On 7/19/2019 at 10:02 PM, harshu195 said:

The interview was pretty straight forward asked about how we met and the dates from the I-485 form, and the general questions.

Asked about my job (I am currently on H1-B visa) and my wife's job and income.

Took her paystubs.

Looked at our marriage certificate and asked for more evidence and also photographs had them all, handed it over to the officer.

At the end the told there is lot of case burden ,they will process the case and let me know what the out come is and if they need any additional information they will reach out, but then the officer said she thinks she has all the information they need.

Fingers crossed waiting for any updates on the case, nothing as of now.

Yeah, they told me too that it usually takes them 4-6 weeks before a decision is made so I was very amazed to see the approval later that day. Hope you got approved in the meantime! 

30 minutes ago, C90 said:

I'm sorry to read about your husbands father. When I was a the Philly office a few weeks ago, I did see people who looked like they were having an info pass appointment. Did your husband call USCIS? Info pass appointments (for most offices now) can only be made over the phone. 

Yes. First time he called they said they would call with an appointment and never did. The second time he finally got through (after two weeks of calling daily) they would not give him an appointment but in for AP to be expedited and now he needs to wait for them to send him a request for evidence. Meanwhile we are going on five months already of waiting...”expediting” seems a bit ironic at this point lol

Timeline
37 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Yes. First time he called they said they would call with an appointment and never did. The second time he finally got through (after two weeks of calling daily) they would not give him an appointment but in for AP to be expedited and now he needs to wait for them to send him a request for evidence. Meanwhile we are going on five months already of waiting...”expediting” seems a bit ironic at this point lol

Unfortunately there's probably nothing an info pass appointment can accomplish, that's why they won't grant one. That's also the reason they switched to info pass appointments over the phone, for them to judge if it's necessary or not. It sucks tho in your case. Hope you hear something soon! I read on here that EAD/AP now can take 6-8 months, so the expedite might be worth it.

7 minutes ago, C90 said:

Unfortunately there's probably nothing an info pass appointment can accomplish, that's why they won't grant one. That's also the reason they switched to info pass appointments over the phone, for them to judge if it's necessary or not. It sucks tho in your case. Hope you hear something soon! I read on here that EAD/AP now can take 6-8 months, so the expedite might be worth it.

Just this past week they dropped the processing time from 6-8 months to 2.5-5 months on their website. So we will see what happens over the next two weeks. The receipt date to be able to send in an inquiry jumped to March 5th and we are March 15th. 

On 8/4/2019 at 8:49 AM, harshu195 said:

Hi,

I got my approval and GC last Friday.

Yuhu.... 🤗

We just got to be patient, that's what I learned from this process 🤦

Congrats! How long did it take after biometrics to get the GC?

On 8/3/2019 at 10:38 PM, C90 said:

We were finally able to get an info pass appointment this week in Philly (after numerous phone calls to USCIS and a lot of begging). I was surprised by how quiet and empty the office was. We were literally the only ones there for a long period of time and the only ones helped the entire time we were there. People were coming in for interviews upstairs, but not even that many people. It's hard to imagine why they have so few appointments available!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just saying hello as another Philly filer! We filed May 1, and are really trying to be patient in waiting. I'm seeing others in the AOS group from May already getting interviews scheduled and I have to keep reminding myself that I'm Philly, so 2020 should be my year instead. But I'm also hoping that the whole "reallocating" of case load will help speed us up for the AOS and the improvement in EAD processing time will be reality instead of just a date that passes with no news. So here's to waiting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.