Ironman140

Before citizenship or after for I-130

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We married in December 2011 on K-1 visa . but my wife Just applied for citizenship Feb 2019. Her unmarried over 21 Daughter  wishes to come on I-130 visa now.

but is in a long term relationship. with possibles of marriage soon unknown ? whats our best  petition  now or wait until wife has full citizenship. then petition for married daughter 

over 21 ???

Edited by Ironman140

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

if she files for her now, her daughter can't get married soon, because residents can't file for married children, she would have to wait until her mom had her oath ceremony and got her certificate in order to marry. she would have to wait for her mom to become a citizen, 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What about the long term relationship, she is quitting that?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

currently I believe they will get married. but young love 😂 hes good for her so I hope so. But she was in long term relationship before and that ended about 3 years ago

shes never married 29 now  

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Timeline

29 is no longer young, but if she want to bring her soon to be possibly Spouse her Mother will need to be a USC.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

29 is no longer young, but if she want to bring her soon to be possibly Spouse her Mother will need to be a USC.

I was afraid of that. So if we file before wife Becomes USC shes not likely to get Visa ??

to me 29 is very young 😀😂

Mom can file now (best to get the priority date in as early as possible) but if daughter wants to get married and keep immigration options open then marriage should wait till mom is USC. Be aware that married daughter changes category to F3 which has an even longer wait, currently around 13 years, likely to get longer. 

Timeline

If she marries when her Mother is still a LPR the application is void.

30 is usually considered the wall, obviously exceptions.

Edited by Boiler

3 minutes ago, Ironman140 said:

I was afraid of that. So if we file before wife Becomes USC shes not likely to get Visa ??

to me 29 is very young 😀😂

It won’t be that young by the time she gets a visa. Unmarried over 21 category is something like 7 years wait, as above even longer if she gets married. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ironman140 said:

We married in December 2011 on K-1 visa . but my wife Just applied for citizenship Feb 2019. Her unmarried over 21 Daughter  wishes to come on I-130 visa now

Now” is not an option regardless of if ur wife petitions for her now or after getting the citizenship. Like others have said, It will be 7 years or more of wait before  she can enter US on an immigrant visa (thru i130) and that too if she remains unmarried. She marries and it’s 13 years or more. I suggest ur wife petition her daughter after getting the citizenship.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Wanted to do it years ago be she wasn't ready. unfortunately she also turns  30 in two weeks

guess I will need to have a long chat with wife and daughter. 

thank you for your input 

I will post up later 

Our decisions   

Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

What about the long term relationship, she is quitting that?

2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

It won’t be that young by the time she gets a visa. Unmarried over 21 category is something like 7 years wait, as above even longer if she gets married. 

1 hour ago, arken said:

Now” is not an option regardless of if ur wife petitions for her now or after getting the citizenship. Like others have said, It will be 7 years or more of wait before  she can enter US on an immigrant visa (thru i130) and that too if she remains unmarried. She marries and it’s 13 years or more. I suggest ur wife petition her daughter after getting the citizenship.

35 minutes ago, Ironman140 said:

Wanted to do it years ago be she wasn't ready. unfortunately she also turns  30 in two weeks

guess I will need to have a long chat with wife and daughter. 

thank you for your input 

I will post up later 

Our decisions   

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just wanted to update. we have decided to wait until wife gets citizenship.

this way if they decide to marry wont become issue.

I do have another question, we also have a grand daughter. from different daughter Who turned  18 recently.

any chance we could file a I-130 for her to come ???? 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ironman140 said:

Just wanted to update. we have decided to wait until wife gets citizenship.

this way if they decide to marry wont become issue.

I do have another question, we also have a grand daughter. from different daughter Who turned  18 recently.

any chance we could file a I-130 for her to come ???? 

Unclear who is turning 18 to me.  Is it the granddaughter or the different daughter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.