Greenbaum

MARCH 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats to the couples who got their NO2 :)

Oh wow this is great information, thank you all for sharing. I wish my lawyer told me that I needed to be that thorough. I took lots of pictures of us and sent in my Jan 2019 itinery and sent the future itinery (---at the time of March filing) of June 2019 but I didn't think to include boarding passes, letters from family, or dates and places that the pictures were taken. I hope all pages of the text message conversations I sent in helped. However, all of the aforementioned probably would've been better, and more detailed... I pray and hope for July NOA2! Still nothing on the old site, nothing on the new site, nothing on the tracking app, and nothing in the mail. 

USCIS received: March 18th

Service Center: California

--- I think I will sign my posts like this every time haha :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 hours ago, TandClaudia said:

You're overthinking it.  If that's the city of her residence, it would be assumed that she was there.  The secondary evidence (photos with a description of the location) should suffice as proof.

I'm DEFINITELY overthinking it, you're right. This visa stuff leads directly to neurosis. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
6 hours ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

I'm DEFINITELY overthinking it, you're right. This visa stuff leads directly to neurosis. 

Neurosis and extreme pessimism.  Claudia opened her DHL package yesterday while we were on a video call and I was just waiting for her to tell me that something was screwed up with her birth certificate.

Because of my paranoia, she now has to keep all of the visa related documents in a hard sided suitcase so the dog doesn't accidently get them.  Her dog chewed on her English book and I spazzed out while thinking about all of the ####### that we have gone through to get some of her documents.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

2 hours ago, TandClaudia said:

Neurosis and extreme pessimism.  Claudia opened her DHL package yesterday while we were on a video call and I was just waiting for her to tell me that something was screwed up with her birth certificate.

Because of my paranoia, she now has to keep all of the visa related documents in a hard sided suitcase so the dog doesn't accidently get them.  Her dog chewed on her English book and I spazzed out while thinking about all of the ####### that we have gone through to get some of her documents.

That was very smart to do. I think you are thinking the same thoughts I am that it has happened before.

I think dogs really should go to school since they spend so much time digesting school work and books. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I received an notification from the app this morning that said my case had been updated and when I opened it, I found the same information from the last update. Nothing new had happen. So I wonder why the app sent me a message saying there had been a change. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, TennilleO said:

I received an notification from the app this morning that said my case had been updated and when I opened it, I found the same information from the last update. Nothing new had happen. So I wonder why the app sent me a message saying there had been a change. 

Perhaps the website doesn’t work in ‘real time’ and only updates at the end of the day? Just a thought. What is the app called that you are using? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So on Friday I landed in Medellin to visit my fiancé... as soon as I got off the plane I got update for an RFE... I went through this process before with a previous woman and with the same lawyer and had no problems... I eventually ended that relationship just before the embassy visit.,, I provided all the same information as before and I also took more time to know my fiancé ... so for the life of me I can’t imagine what the hell is wrong.,, I am in Medellin now so I am not home to get my mail... Does anyone have a phone number I can call to find out what the RFE is for? I have tried the general USCIS number... I waited 30 minutes on hold and then they disconnect the call... I am so frustrated and annoyed. My 129f was accepted March 15th 2019. My lawyer says that they tend to lose documents and information or even mix them up with other people. I just want to find out what the RFE is for in case it’s something we need to get while I’m in Medellin. 

Timeline

Sorry to hear about the RFE @d99gr81.  Hopefully it's something simple.  When you get a person on the phone, ask them to transfer them to Tier 2.

Here are a few options:

13. Calling USCIS: You'll need your receipt number, DOB for both of you and full names. Beneficiary or the petitioner can call.    1 (800) 375-5283 8:00 am   Option 1:  Call USCIS. Do not press anything. Do not choose a language. If someone who picked up the phone cannot answer your question, ask them to transfer you to TIER 2.    

Option 2:  Dial 1-866-953-7684    

Option 3:  Call 1-800-375-5283  Press 1 to continue to English  Press 2 for case status  Press 1 if you know your receipt number  Press your receipt number 922(followed by your WAC#). They will tell you to visit the website for the answer but press 3 or wait and you will be connected to a live agent.    

Option 4:  Dial 1-800-375-5283 then press 1,2,2,4,2,1 then enter receipt number then press 1. 

Spoiler

K1

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Timeline
28 minutes ago, TandClaudia said:

Sorry to hear about the RFE @d99gr81.  Hopefully it's something simple.  When you get a person on the phone, ask them to transfer them to Tier 2.

Here are a few options:

13. Calling USCIS: You'll need your receipt number, DOB for both of you and full names. Beneficiary or the petitioner can call.    1 (800) 375-5283 8:00 am   Option 1:  Call USCIS. Do not press anything. Do not choose a language. If someone who picked up the phone cannot answer your question, ask them to transfer you to TIER 2.    

Option 2:  Dial 1-866-953-7684    

Option 3:  Call 1-800-375-5283  Press 1 to continue to English  Press 2 for case status  Press 1 if you know your receipt number  Press your receipt number 922(followed by your WAC#). They will tell you to visit the website for the answer but press 3 or wait and you will be connected to a live agent.    

Option 4:  Dial 1-800-375-5283 then press 1,2,2,4,2,1 then enter receipt number then press 1. 

Thanks... I spoke with someone who could not answer my question so she transferred me to tier 2 but the router me through an automatic call back system that said the wait time for them to call me back is two hours. I am beyond frustrated. The First Lady said I should see documents online but it’s no where for me to find. 

Timeline

They will call you back if you request a call back.

Spoiler

K1

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

57 minutes ago, d99gr81 said:

So on Friday I landed in Medellin to visit my fiancé... as soon as I got off the plane I got update for an RFE... I went through this process before with a previous woman and with the same lawyer and had no problems... I eventually ended that relationship just before the embassy visit.,, I provided all the same information as before and I also took more time to know my fiancé ... so for the life of me I can’t imagine what the hell is wrong.,, I am in Medellin now so I am not home to get my mail... Does anyone have a phone number I can call to find out what the RFE is for? I have tried the general USCIS number... I waited 30 minutes on hold and then they disconnect the call... I am so frustrated and annoyed. My 129f was accepted March 15th 2019. My lawyer says that they tend to lose documents and information or even mix them up with other people. I just want to find out what the RFE is for in case it’s something we need to get while I’m in Medellin. 

Call the numbers as were given above. Best tome to call is when they first open and toward the end of work hours. Ask for a tier2 agent then tell them you are out of country and would like to begin answering the RFE . If you have access to a fax machine they sometimes will fax you a copy. 

The more honey you use the better the outcome. So relax and be level headed about this.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, TennilleO said:

Because every time your case is touched by an agent your case status will update with a new date or with an old date depending on when it was last touched. This is very normal.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

So I just found out what it was... I said it was my divorce de Cree from my marriage was not legible in the photo copy which is not true. We used it in my previous visa and it was approved. So I’m very frustrated  but I’m losing time is of the stupidness

Edited by d99gr81

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kacey8361 said:

Perhaps the website doesn’t work in ‘real time’ and only updates at the end of the day? Just a thought. What is the app called that you are using? 

I don't know but I already received this update on June 20th. The apps are Case Tracker and USCIS Utility. The USCIS Utility sent the update message this morning and the Case Tracker sent an update on June 20th.  

1 hour ago, d99gr81 said:

So I just found out what it was... I said it was my divorce de Cree from my marriage was not legible in the photo copy which is not true. We used it in my previous visa and it was approved. So I’m very frustrated  but I’m losing time is of the stupidness

This is how we learn from your posts, and how did you find out? You said it or the RFE states it? I'm so confused.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.