Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline

Received update on my I765 few days ago; new EAD card is being processed. How long is the average wait for this card to arrive for most?

Do our local field offices also provide EAD cards or does that come directly from NBC?

My I485 interview is "ready to be scheduled" and local office is 10.5 - 24 months.

(Day 0) 02/25/19: Mailed AOS Package
(17) 03/14/19: NOA1 (I130, I131, I485)
(24) 03/21/19: Biometrics Notice
(24) 03/21/19: Rejection Notice (I765)
(24) 03/21/19: RFIE (I485)
(35) 04/01/19: Resubmitted I765 Form
(36) 04/02/19: Biometrics Appointment
(60) 04/26/19: NOA1 (I765)
(96) 06/01/19: Submitted RFIE (I485)
(170) 08/14/19: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I485)
(176) 08/20/19: I765 Approved
(182) 08/26/19: EAD card and SS card received
(185) 08/29/19: "Interview was Scheduled " (I485)
(219) 10/02/19: AOS Interview:  "Interview was Completed and My Case Must Be Reviewed"

(220) 10/03/19: I485 Approved

(Day 228) 10/11/19: Permanent Resident card received

2 hours ago, IrishTexan said:

Quick update - cleared customs in Dublin no problem. Landed safely back in Chicago. Now we can’t wait to get our post and see when the GC interview is! 

Thanks for letting me know! Today I xeroxed every piece of paper he has collected in this process. He wants to bring his whole folder of ####### to Ireland just in case there is a problem on the way back (he only has the emergency AP -- no combo card -- and it's just a piece of paper...kind of sketch). I'm totally afraid he will LOSE EVERYTHING. Did they ask for anything besides your card and your passport? He'll also clear in Dublin, so that's helpful.

1 hour ago, coltr said:

It's really common apparently, there's quite an extensive post about it here:

https://chicsparrow.com/blogs/news/my-tracking-says-delivered-but-i-havent-received-anything

Hopefully this makes you feel better. I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage.

It's very common. I worked for years for an e-commerce site and we shipped a lot by USPS. Things get lost all the time -- the scan means nothing. If you watched a package go from end to end you would see why...it's actually kind of amazing anything gets to where it's supposed to go! I would say that I have spoken to hundreds if not thousands of people over ten years who had things lost by USPS and about 99% of them turn up. Unfortunately this is not an easy one to be patient about, but I bet it appears soon.

Question for those who called up and asked for a case enquiry / service request did you get any kind of receipt / confirmation / change on your online case status? I rang a couple of days ago and haven’t heard anything since. Just want to make sure it went through properly rather than wasting a bunch of time thinking something was done when it wasn’t (not that I don’t trust the competency of USCIS call centre workers) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, americaninlove said:

Thanks for letting me know! Today I xeroxed every piece of paper he has collected in this process. He wants to bring his whole folder of ####### to Ireland just in case there is a problem on the way back (he only has the emergency AP -- no combo card -- and it's just a piece of paper...kind of sketch). I'm totally afraid he will LOSE EVERYTHING. Did they ask for anything besides your card and your passport? He'll also clear in Dublin, so that's helpful.

When I came back in on emergency AP the  single piece of paper was definitely the most important thing. I had my three 797s (AOS, AP, EAD) with me and the agent flipped through them but they seemed more like “oh cool this chick is organized” versus mandatory. 

I keep a copy of everything on a google drive just in case as well.

So I just finished to talk to the mailman. He came after 5 pm again. He said he didn't meet my EAD. He said he knows the USCIS send a First priority scanned mails and he swears that he didn't scan and didn't even meet my mail. I told him that the manager at the post office said he signed my mail yesterday morning for a delivery and even scanned it. The mailman said that's a lie and I should go back to the post office in the morning again.

I don't know what to say anymore, my feeling are worst than it was before my EAD got approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

I don't know what to say anymore, my feeling are worst than it was before my EAD got approved.

I know this is a long shot, but are you sure you are tracking your EAD? Also, you are saying he comes at 4pm, but what time does it show on USPS site it was delivered? 

3 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I know this is a long shot, but are you sure you are tracking your EAD? Also, you are saying he comes at 4pm, but what time does it show on USPS site it was delivered? 

Yes, it is the tracking number that the USCIS gave me on the egov.uscis.gov website when I got the update that says "Card was picked up by the United Stated Postal Service on August 19th". The tracking says the card arrived to the Anaheim post office on Tuesday night and it was for out for delivery Wednesday 7.15 am and got delivered Wednesday 4.15 pm.

Edited by Gigi2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

Wednesday 7.15 am and got delivered Wednesday 4.15 pm.

So that is about same time he was doing delivery to you, seems like it would be somewhere very near :(

Just now, Shiran said:

So that is about same time he was doing delivery to you, seems like it would be somewhere very near :(

We live in a 200 apartments community and I even told my leasing manager about the situation. He said he'll make sure to let all the neighbors know about my lots USCIS mail. I'll also go back to the post office in the morning. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
10 hours ago, americaninlove said:

She had her combo card and her passport and that was it. We didn’t bring anything else as the airport people wouldn’t know what we were talking about. 

She went in a room behind the normal customs officer station to get her passport stamped, much like they made her do when she came in on her K-1. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Hey just for peace of mind,  I travelled back to England on an emergency AP last month and had absolutely no problems. 

All I had was my passport with my K1 in it and the emergency AP (the paper with a passport photo and stamp), the CBP officer just looked at it and sent me to a side room to get stamped. The second guy just asked to confirm my birthday and where I live and let me on my way. 

It will all be fine so don't stress. I hope you guys enjoy your trip!

10 minutes ago, JamieAndEli said:

Hey just for peace of mind,  I travelled back to England on an emergency AP last month and had absolutely no problems. 

All I had was my passport with my K1 in it and the emergency AP (the paper with a passport photo and stamp), the CBP officer just looked at it and sent me to a side room to get stamped. The second guy just asked to confirm my birthday and where I live and let me on my way. 

It will all be fine so don't stress. I hope you guys enjoy your trip!

Thank you guys! This is so great for peace of mind. 

10 hours ago, ability said:

Still no ead...  Please remind me how to contact Tier2?

‭(800) 375-5283‬ press 1-1-2-2 then when they answer say you want to put in a service ticket for being outside processing times and ask to speak to a tier two rep. They always push back. You do the same!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.