Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

So apparently, the USPS lost my EAD. I went to the post office this morning and the post office manager said the mailman scanned it yesterday as delivered. I told the manager that I can clearly see that on the Informed delivery app, however it is not delivered otherwise I wouldn't be here and complaining. The manager said he can't do anything because it is scanned as delivered. (I'm saying curse words but I can't write them in here, so just imagine).

So I called USCIS they said wait a few days before I request a lost card inquiry... Also, no sign of SSN yet. Great.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

So apparently, the USPS lost my EAD. I went to the post office this morning and the post office manager said the mailman scanned it yesterday as delivered. I told the manager that I can clearly see that on the Informed delivery app, however it is not delivered otherwise I wouldn't be here and complaining. The manager said he can't do anything because it is scanned as delivered. (I'm saying curse words but I can't write them in here, so just imagine).

So I called USCIS they said wait a few days before I request a lost card inquiry... Also, no sign of SSN yet. Great.

im sorryyy bro me too that happand to me  but with my phone i buy phone  but they lost him  maybe the mailman he have you'r EAD in the care he forget to make it in you'r mailbox 

1 minute ago, Rani32 said:

im sorryyy bro me too that happand to me  but with my phone i buy phone  but they lost him  maybe the mailman he have you'r EAD in the care he forget to make it in you'r mailbox 

I don’t know. I was right behind the mailman yesterday when he was delivering the mails. When he closed the mailbox I asked him if I got something because I see our mailbox is empty and the tracker says my EAD is delivered. He said he doesn’t know what I am talking about and left. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

It is not even lost, I guess stolen 🥺

7 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

I hope not. And it’s been more than a week my case is approved so my SSN also should get arrive and I’m worried about that either.

That’s awful!! What awful customer service!! They must realize it’s an important document as it was tracked and needed scanning etc eurgh I’m so sorry you’re going through this 

7 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

That’s awful!! What awful customer service!! They must realize it’s an important document as it was tracked and needed scanning etc eurgh I’m so sorry you’re going through this 

Yes, I told the manager and yesterday this is a Federal Document we’re talking about and they both seems not to care at all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

Yes, I told the manager and yesterday this is a Federal Document we’re talking about and they both seems not to care at all.

That is pretty terrible. I thought those letters require signature? But clearly not.
Reading stories like https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/09/17/how-investigators-caught-postal-worker-who-stole-more-than-greeting-cards/?noredirect=on makes you wonder who you can trust. Clearly someone scanned it as "delivered" And you watch him do deliveries, so it probably didn't go to your immediate neighbors either. 

Just now, Shiran said:

That is pretty terrible. I thought those letters require signature? But clearly not.
Reading stories like https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/09/17/how-investigators-caught-postal-worker-who-stole-more-than-greeting-cards/?noredirect=on makes you wonder who you can trust. Clearly someone scanned it as "delivered" And you watch him do deliveries, so it probably didn't go to your immediate neighbors either. 

Yes. My husband and I was both standing right behind him. He also came late, around 5 pm instead of 4 pm. He was also complaining about he had too many deliveries to scan yesterday. When I asked him where is mine and it’s a Federal Document he online shakes his shoulder and he said to go to the post office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

seems not to care at all.

ughhh I am so sorry! It's true they don't care, I got the same reaction when they lost my first SS card. I called, was on hold for hours and the lady just said well we can't do anything about it, just gotta monitor your credit from now on for the rest of your life. That's why I never ever use USPS for anything anymore. I hope your SS card arrives safely!!!

AOS thru marriage from F-1 (student) visa in Tampa, FL - 83 DAYS (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

2019-03-18 - AOS package sent; concurrent filing (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) (FedEx; choose regular rate! Still arrives super fast and is WAY cheaper!)

2019-03-21 - AOS package received (Day 1)

2019-03-30 - All NOA1s arrived (dated March 25) (Day 10)

2019-04-05 - Biometrics notice arrived (dated March 29) (Day 16)

2019-04-16 - Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

2019-04-17 - Online status updated to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" (Day 28)

2019-04-23 - Online status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (Day 34)

2019-05-30 - AOS Interview (Day 71) → https://tinyurl.com/yxug6acr

2019-06-04 - Online status updated to "Case Was Approved"; EAD and AP status updated to "Case Closed" (Day 76)

2019-06-11 - GC in hand (Day 83) ~ done for now!

ROC during COVID-19 pandemic, Nebraska Service Center <_< - 514 DAYS

Spoiler

2021-03-10 - ROC package sent

2021-03-15 - ROC package received (Day 1)

2021-04-09 - NOA1 arrived (dated April 06) (Day 26)

2021-04-30 - Online status updated to "Fingerprints Were Taken" (used AOS fingerprints); no biometrics fee refund (Day 47)

2021-11-01 - 24-month extension letter received (Day 232)

2022-08-08 - Combo interview (I-751 and N-400) (Day 512) → https://tinyurl.com/2aejcx4e

2022-08-10 - Approval notice in the mail; no 10-year green card for me since N-400 also approved (Day 514)

N-400 during COVID-19 pandemic in Philly, PA - 169 DAYS (No RFE)

Spoiler

2022-03-11 - Online submission

2022-03-11 - NOA1 and biometrics reuse notice uploaded to myUSCIS account (Day 1)

2022-06-30 - Interview scheduled (Day 112)

2022-08-08 - Combo interview (I-751 and N-400) (Day 151) → https://tinyurl.com/2aejcx4e

2022-08-10 - Oath ceremony scheduled (Day 153)

2022-08-26 - Oath ceremony (Day 169) ~ DONE FOREVER!

BE  K I N D → https://tinyurl.com/tev3sgl  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gigi2017 said:

That happened to me when I did my first ead after I graduated college in 2012. I ended up having to do the ENTIRE process all over, pay the fee and wait another 4 months before I got my new card! I cannot for the life of me understand why uscis don't require signature upon delivery when mailing such important documents! 

Also no change on my end.... And my current ead expires in 4 days 😭😭 I check it religiously but I just have a feeling it's gonna take a lot longer! 

Just now, SusannZ said:

That happened to me when I did my first ead after I graduated college in 2012. I ended up having to do the ENTIRE process all over, pay the fee and wait another 4 months before I got my new card! I cannot for the life of me understand why uscis don't require signature upon delivery when mailing such important documents! 

Also no change on my end.... And my current ead expires in 4 days 😭😭 I check it religiously but I just have a feeling it's gonna take a lot longer! 

I don’t understand why do we have to pay a huge fee for the process and why the uscis use the cheapest way to deliver important things??

1 hour ago, Gigi2017 said:

I've had USPS tracked mail show as delivered before, and then turn up the next day. This happened with a replacement credit card I ordered.

Just now, Gigi2017 said:

I'll be out waiting for the mailman today and tomorrow and on Saturday as well.

It's really common apparently, there's quite an extensive post about it here:

https://chicsparrow.com/blogs/news/my-tracking-says-delivered-but-i-havent-received-anything

Hopefully this makes you feel better. I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.