47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AngDon19 said:

We did not have an engagement ceremony at all. All we did  was he put the ring on my finger and just had a pic of me with the engagement ring.

Can we appeal this?

Can our attorney fight this for us?

we both are really disappointed and sad.

Do we have other options?

Yeah that's not so good. In the eye of the CO it could look like a wedding ring. So too married for a K-1 and not married enough for a CR-1.

It can not be appealed that's a down side of the K-1 visa. Plan for him to visit and get married and do a CR-1 visa.

Just now, ujones said:

@Jorgedig, but don’t they hve to let applicant know why the case was denied ? Like in @AngDon19‘s case there’s no red flags that’s visible to get it denied. I’m so worried  about this process now 

I don't believe they are required to specify the exact reason, but it often is discernible from the circumstances, or clues given during the interview, etc.  

The contents of the 221g should have offered some idea.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, AngDon19 said:

Purchase of the engagement ring as proof.

How long will the CR1 take?

Also can we file immediately after we get married?

Yes, you can file right after the marriage. It will take around 12-14 months. You will get your GC when you get here and can work and travel right away.

1 minute ago, AngDon19 said:

Purchase of the engagement ring as proof.

How long will the CR1 take?

Also can we file immediately after we get married?

You can file as soon as you have a certified copy of a marriage certificate.  It will take 12-14 months or so.

52 minutes ago, AngDon19 said:

Can we appeal this?

Can our attorney fight this for us?

Do we have other options?

1) No. Once the embassy sends the petition back, it will be returned to USCIS to expire.

2) No. The existing case is done.

Marry and file for a CR-1. Spend more time physically together as well. Good luck.

44 minutes ago, ujones said:

don’t they hve to let applicant know why the case was denied ?

It appears to be denied under 221(g). Without a bona fide relationship, the I-129F is considered invalid and therefore the visa application is incomplete.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i submitted all of the documents at the drop box location that i live in along with the 221g form.

What application form should i have used?

3 minutes ago, AngDon19 said:

i submitted all of the documents at the drop box location that i live in along with the 221g form.

What application form should i have used?

No I’m sorry @AngDon19, I meant if you had submitted it when u filed I-129 application ? If not then may be that could be the reason they didn’t feel like it’s a bonafide relationship. All we can do is to guess as we hve no idea what went thru co’s mind that day. But pls don’t lose hope or get discouraged. Doors are still open for you. Right away start the next step 

Edited by ujones

Timeline

We hired an attorney so am not sure if in the initial package

the air tickets, chat messages, call logs, hotel receipts, engagement

receipt were sent.

2 minutes ago, AngDon19 said:

We hired an attorney so am not sure if in the initial package

the air tickets, chat messages, call logs, hotel receipts, engagement

receipt were sent.

Maybe next time do it yourself or before lawyer sent it make sure you check eveything by urself. I really don’t trust lawyers as for them it’s just another case . I really feel for you & will keep you in my prayers for a speedy process 

Edited by ujones

Timeline

i do understand what you are saying. I did not receive any email as yet to state that our case has been denied from the NVC yet.

I checked the status on the ceac site and i found it, so i called NVC today and they say the documents have not yet been received

on their end but they have sent it from Mumbai-India and she said that when it reaches it will be sent to the USCIS.

Does this mean NVC sends it over to USCIS or it goes directly to the USCIS from the Mumbai consulate?

When they receive it will they let us know the denial? How long do you think it will be before we hear from the?

if we get an email then can we apply again?

Please let me know.

Have you also been through this?

3 minutes ago, AngDon19 said:

i do understand what you are saying. I did not receive any email as yet to state that our case has been denied from the NVC yet.

I checked the status on the ceac site and i found it, so i called NVC today and they say the documents have not yet been received

on their end but they have sent it from Mumbai-India and she said that when it reaches it will be sent to the USCIS.

Does this mean NVC sends it over to USCIS or it goes directly to the USCIS from the Mumbai consulate?

When they receive it will they let us know the denial? How long do you think it will be before we hear from the?

if we get an email then can we apply again?

Please let me know.

Have you also been through this?

@AngDon19, I am still early in the process & haven’t had my interview yet. So I don’t really know how the denial process work either. But I’m sure we have a lot of knowledgeable people here including @Greenbaum who will be able to help you find an answer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.