47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Can somebody help.

I had my interview on 11th Jan'2019 in Mumbai, the CO gave me a 221 g saying proof of relationship needed and other supporting documents which i submitted on 11th Feb'2019. My case changed to AP and my daughter's case changed to Ready saying she is ready for interview. So i contacted the Help desk and finally after one week it changed to Returned to NVC. We have submitted proofs of all

documents where my Fiancee visited me thrice, we have all documents of flight itineraries, photos, boarding pass, chat logs, text msgs, photographs, hotel receipts, notarized letters in support of our

relationship, wedding plans, everything that they ever asked from us but inspite of that they have this sent over to NVC today.

Can somebody please help as this is really depressing as we have been waiting for 3 years now to be together. What happens now in this case?

Does this mean we will be denied?

If somebody is knowledgeable of this or has been through the same process will you please let me know what happens next?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Can you post the 221G and write what you submitted. also, give a timeline of when you met and how many times and so on?

Sounds like they were not satisfied with your answer and send it back which means the embassy denied it.

2 visits in 3 years aren't a lot so maybe look into a CR-1 visa and much more visits.

Timeline

Hello Georgia,

We met for the first time in 2017 march, 2nd time October 17th and third time in June 2018. According to the 221g all documents were submitted

except the joint account as i am not in the US and we cannot have any shared finances since we are unmarried and i do not have a SSN to open the account.

Other than that all documents were sent .

Attached is the 221 g that i received.

So this means we have been denied?

Thanks,

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed attachment do to personal information.

If the case was sent back to NVC then it will be returned to USCIS to sit and expire.

I requested that a moderator remove the attachment as it contains unmasked personal information on this very public website.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 hours ago, AngDon19 said:

Hello Georgia,

We met for the first time in 2017 march, 2nd time October 17th and third time in June 2018. According to the 221g all documents were submitted

except the joint account as i am not in the US and we cannot have any shared finances since we are unmarried and i do not have a SSN to open the account.

Other than that all documents were sent .

Attached is the 221 g that i received.

So this means we have been denied?

Thanks,

Delete your 221G your personal info is there. 

Yes, they were not satisfied with what you provided them so it's denied. You have to look into the spousal visa now. CR-1/CR-2 would be the best option for you.

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed attachment do to personal information.

Mumbai is VERY fussy about K1s.  COs there tend to assume most India K1s are secretly married but using the (slightly) shorter K1 process to get to the US faster. In your case, the CO appears unconvinced of the bonafides of your relationship. Based on the evidence submitted, you might appear too married to be a fiance. Also, do you have any flags, ie age/religion discrepancy, how you met spring to mind? 

I'd get married, save all documentation of your relationship from Day 1 and go for the CR1. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline

Thanks for the response. We do not have any age difference of much it is like only 5 years and we both are christians.

We never got married at all, we only got engaged and we have proof of our relationship being legite.

So does that mean we got denied?

Thanks,

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AngDon19 said:

Thanks for the response. We do not have any age difference of much it is like only 5 years and we both are christians.

We never got married at all, we only got engaged and we have proof of our relationship being legite.

So does that mean we got denied?

Thanks,

Yes it got denied. They send it back to NVC and they will let it die. 

Did you send send proof of engagement? Like pictures? 

7 minutes ago, AngDon19 said:

I wore formal clothes. I had a Shirt with a formal pant like i attended an interview.

Thanks,

Angie

@AngDon19, I’m so sorry that it happened. Was there anything asked during the interview u felt like the CO not satisfied with ur answers ? Was there a big engagement ceremony with many

people ? 

Timeline

We did not have an engagement ceremony at all. All we did  was he put the ring on my finger and just had a pic of me with the engagement ring.

Can we appeal this?

Can our attorney fight this for us?

we both are really disappointed and sad.

Do we have other options?

2 minutes ago, AngDon19 said:

We did not have an engagement ceremony at all. All we did  was he put the ring on my finger and just had a pic of me with the engagement ring.

Can we appeal this?

Can our attorney fight this for us?

we both are really disappointed and sad.

Do we have other options?

What is "engagement receipt"? 

It cannot be appealed.  Attorneys are not able to affect an outcome either way.  Best bet now is to marry and pursue a CR-1  You will have time to overcome any issues from the K-1 denial.  Spend as much time together in person as possible.

Best of luck!

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

What is "engagement receipt"? 

It cannot be appealed.  Attorneys are not able to affect an outcome either way.  Best bet now is to marry and pursue a CR-1  You will have time to overcome any issues from the K-1 denial.  Spend as much time together in person as possible.

Best of luck!

@Jorgedig, but don’t they hve to let applicant know why the case was denied ? Like in @AngDon19‘s case there’s no red flags that’s visible to get it denied. I’m so worried  about this process now 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.