6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hey guys! just trying to gain a little advice. i think i made a big mistake. as most of you here, ive been trying to do this whole i-130 without a lawyer so its definitely a learning process. i am at the CEAC stage and have submitted all the documents except for my joint sponsors information. Where it states "photographs" for my spouse that i am sponsoring i was told it was passport images, so thats what i added. Since then i am reading a bunch of stuff like people added pictures of their marriage, texts, flights, etc. I added none of this and am realizing i probably should have... i just didnt read about it on the "NVC supporting documentation " page. maybe i overlooked it or maybe its not something you add unless requested?! help!!! the documents are already submitted and now i guess i have to wait. advice?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 hours ago, brderenne said:

hey guys! just trying to gain a little advice. i think i made a big mistake. as most of you here, ive been trying to do this whole i-130 without a lawyer so its definitely a learning process. i am at the CEAC stage and have submitted all the documents except for my joint sponsors information. Where it states "photographs" for my spouse that i am sponsoring i was told it was passport images, so thats what i added. Since then i am reading a bunch of stuff like people added pictures of their marriage, texts, flights, etc. I added none of this and am realizing i probably should have... i just didnt read about it on the "NVC supporting documentation " page. maybe i overlooked it or maybe its not something you add unless requested?! help!!! the documents are already submitted and now i guess i have to wait. advice?

You don’t need to do any of that. It looks desperate. Just provide what they ask for two passport pictures! Good luck. 

5 hours ago, brderenne said:

Don't upload anything to CEAC they didn't ask for. Putting extra stuffs, if anything, will increase the chance of getting an RFE.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Can I ask you what an RFE is? I’ve seen that posted a few times but don’t know what that I. So you think it’s all fine with all the affidavits and  tax papers... without all the photos and what not?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
7 hours ago, brderenne said:

Can I ask you what an RFE is? I’ve seen that posted a few times but don’t know what that I. So you think it’s all fine with all the affidavits and  tax papers... without all the photos and what not?

RFE is request for further evidence. 

9 hours ago, brderenne said:

Yes. affidavits and  tax papers for petitioner, along with W2. I also did employment letter from my work.

And, I am sure you are aware of the documents for beneficiary, like passport, police clearance, marriage records, passport size pics.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.